The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

5 posters

Sony's Next Console in Development

Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26178
    Japan

Sony's Next Console in Development Empty Sony's Next Console in Development

Post by Vicky Thu May 26, 2011 10:39 pm

The successor to the PlayStation 3 is currently in development, Sony confirmed during the company's investor meeting today.

Executive vice president and chief financial officer Masaru Kato was asked to explain the rising research and development costs for the company's fiscal year. "In the game segment, we have the NGP to launch later this year. So we have development expenses to be incurred for this product," he explained.

"For the home console, the PS3 still has a product life, but this is a platform business, so for the future platform - when we will introduce the product I cannot discuss - but development work is underway, so the costs are incurred there."

Nintendo recently announced plans to reveal its new console at E3 next month, with a full product release in 2012. Meanwhile, Microsoft began hiring for its "next generation console" this past March.

So all the people who laughed at my ps4 thread. Now i have to said "He who laughs last laughs best" Very Happy

Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1170944p1.html
    rhondatommy
    rhondatommy
    EN Transformer
    EN Transformer

EN AwardListed Top Poster

PSN ID PSN ID : rhondatommy. Na, rhonda247. Jp,rgsinthehouse. Eu

Cash : 25380
    United States of America

Sony's Next Console in Development Empty Re: Sony's Next Console in Development

Post by rhondatommy Fri May 27, 2011 9:27 am

humm...... interesting wish there was more detail thou.
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Fri May 27, 2011 11:11 am

Well if look at past consoles like the ps2. When they said in development. It took a year after that for it to come out
    Strebeck
    Strebeck
    EN Android
    EN Android

Cash : 25168
    United States of America

Post by Strebeck Fri May 27, 2011 11:55 am

I;d wager it will be more than a year for this to see the light of day. I'd suspect they'll want more broadband households in EU and NA. Also, I'd suspect they will want UHDTV to be in it's early infiltration stages in domestic homes. The projected date for that is roughly 2016.

My guess? Expect to see PS4 debuted at E3 2014 and launch November 2015.
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Fri May 27, 2011 12:17 pm

well alway just update the ps3 firmware to UHDTV like did with 3D i dont see the ps4 take until 2014 it been 6 years for every other sony console so why changed that now. Just becuase they said ps3 has 10 year life spad means nothing. They said some thing for ps2 and still made ps3 :p Within 6 years
    Natsume
    Natsume
    EN Test Subject
    EN Test Subject

PSN ID PSN ID : HyperionZX

Cash : 24478
    South Korea

Post by Natsume Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:07 am

But I dont want to buy new ps4 so soon u_u ps3 already cost a lot to start with plus i need a new one of those too since my last one is gone now! i am not looking forward to a new expensive console.
    rose_wolf_girl
    rose_wolf_girl
    EN Activated
    EN Activated

PSN ID PSN ID : A_Home_Fact

Cash : 23838
    United States of America

Post by rose_wolf_girl Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:26 pm

I heared the PS4 coming out in 2015 not sure if that person telling the truth but hey it could be possible, Hopefully it will be better than the ps3 & sony will learn from there mistake's mabey there won't be any flaw's in it probaley be abel to still be conneted to (PlayStation®Network), But will we half to wait to see.

Last edited by rose_wolf_girl on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:26 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ))
    Natsume
    Natsume
    EN Test Subject
    EN Test Subject

South Korea

Post by Natsume Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:39 pm

2015 sounds good if true! need cross chat on this thingy yes yes xD oooo and better chat room. this one we have now on playstation is so...plain it blinds me! O_O would be nice to set wallpaper or something in chat or atleast listen to music and other stuff!
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:30 pm

think be a lot sooner then that
    Natsume
    Natsume
    EN Test Subject
    EN Test Subject

South Korea

Post by Natsume Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:36 am

I hope not but you are probably right xD wonder how much we will be looking at this time for price u_u
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:34 pm

too much :p specailly if going add and touch screen or gestures
    Natsume
    Natsume
    EN Test Subject
    EN Test Subject

South Korea

Post by Natsume Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:08 am

Hate paying for all those features I wont be using u_u it will have touchsreen on console, touchscreen on controle, GPS, satellite radio, retractable monitor built into console, retractable power cord, and toaster built into side of console! make happen sony xP
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:04 am

yeah stupid features dont need just want better cpu and ram -.-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:33 pm