The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

5 posters

Little Big Planet 2 Review

SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31305
    Puerto Rico

Thumbs up Little Big Planet 2 Review

Post by SPADEZ Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:38 pm

Little Big Planet 2 Review LBP2_Review
    By: SPADEZ - The-EN Founder

Little Big Planet 2 Review Red12 First Impression - Rating: Good
      When I first started LBP2 I was immediately presented with a trophy. Wow, I thought to myself (being the occasional trophy whore that I am) I felt motivated to dive in and earn all the other trophies. When you first enter a story mode level, you are presented with cinematic style cut scenes that really made me feel like I was getting involved in a brand new Little Big Planet game. The first game didn't have that. The main characters had a real voice this time bringing depth to their personalities rather than reading the text and hearing weird evil chimp monk laughter. As I started the introductory levels, I was impressed with the new gadgets we are given and new camera system. This is surely a game I'm going to have fun with.

Little Big Planet 2 Review Purple11 Graphics - Rating: Excellent
      The graphics on LBP2 are awesome. While their isn't some high tech explosions and super detailed skin pore faces we are looking at, the other elements of the game are great. From the textures to the materials of glass to cotton, you feel like you are being presented with great quality. The lighting of the game is still as great as the first one and the water is that much cooler. The fire, electricity and plasma effects are great to look at and when placed perfectly inside a custom level, it will add more realism and be more affective and more people will rate your levels higher.

Little Big Planet 2 Review Orange12 Game Play - Rating: Excellent
      LBP2 gives you everything you need you can expect from a platform game and then some. The Story takes you on an adventure to stop the evil "Negativitron" from consuming "Craftworld". You start going through test levels to see if you are fit to join an alliance with "The Organization" which are the best creators in craftworld. Once you complete your test you are set forth on missions to seek and destroy The Negatrivitron before it's to late! The story is definitely more immersive than the first LBP and you feel more in the story rather than just playing through some levels. The learning curb is fairly simple but as you approach the more difficult levels you will find yourself being annoyed by the grappling hook. Trying to swing on your grappling to get higher and reach those prize bubbles can get you frustrated. Overall game play is excellent on LBP2.

Little Big Planet 2 Review Blue11 Online Mode - Rating: Good
      LBP2 is a great single player platform game but 90% of this game is based on how good its online community is. The LBP2 online community is massive and they just recently earned a spot in Guinness World Records 2011 winning 5 awards for being the longest marathon game (more info in that link). Creativity is a in LBP2 has taken LBP1 and injected steroids of awesome! The possibilities became even better since the first game and with the game only out a couple of days now I've already seen some great levels. This one guy created a FPS level that feels like your playing DOOM the PC game. Another level is a boxing match and allows 2 players to control a fighter and box each other until the losing opponents head explodes (literally) lol.

The downside of LBP2 online is while all these things are great, the servers still remain laggy and poor. Playing some levels online with your friends is great but when you are waiting 10 mins just for them to load into your pod, it becomes frustrating. Even between choosing different levels you or your friends may get stuck in a loading screen. Until LBP2 hires more hamsters to spin the wheels of their servers better, enjoying the main focus online community of LBP2, we rated it good, instead of excellent.

Little Big Planet 2 Review Green11 Overall Conclusion - Rating: Excellent
      LBP2 is a must buy. Despite the laggy servers and the annoyance of the grappling hook, LBP2 delivers one of the best platform games in history. In fact 'SackBoy' beat Super Mario on making it on the Guinness World Records 2010 & 2011 Game Edition. With endless creative possibilities and unlimited amounts of replay time, we are happy that Media Molecule released such a fantastic game.

The-EN.com gives Little Big Planet 2 a
    9.0 / 10

Last edited by SPADEZ on Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:21 am; edited 5 times in total
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26178
    Japan

Thumbs up Re: Little Big Planet 2 Review

Post by Vicky Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:46 pm

hopely they fix the laggy issue and this can be a 9.5 soon stupid lag >.<
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29279
    Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:15 pm

first game review on EN! awesome.
    Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 28080
    Philippines

Post by Meesh Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:25 pm

Here are mine so far ( I'm currently fighting the Negativatron D: )

First Impression: Good - They went more in depth with the story line. I like that.

Graphics: Most Excellent- The devs did an awesome job.

Game Play: Excellent- They added new features that are a bit of a challenge.

Online Mode: Poor as HELL. For those of us with shitty connections, it doesn't add to the fact that there are major game loading bugs.

Overall conclusion: Meh. It's good. Bugs just really suck the fun out of it. Sad Tad disappointed.
    Coco
    Coco
    Human
    Human

PSN ID PSN ID : COCOBABY_84

Cash : 24486
    United States of America

Post by Coco Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:25 pm

I think that it is a great game to play... the graphics are much better than LBP and also the storyline was awesome! Yes I agree that the servers suck! Surprised Lagged servers and freezing screens won't stop me... I beat LBP2 and I'll have to say that the last level was hard as hell. It felt like it took me forever to complete it, but I did... 2 days ago. Well... Happy Gaming! Smile)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:33 am