The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

3 posters

Samsung 10.1-inch Sliding PC 7 Series tablet

Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 28085
    Philippines

Samsung 10.1-inch Sliding PC 7 Series tablet  Empty Samsung 10.1-inch Sliding PC 7 Series tablet

Post by Meesh Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:38 am

Samsung has introduced it’s latest Sliding PC 7 Series, which is a tablet that can slide out a 80/81 key keyboard for much better typing experience.

The Samsung Sliding PC 7 Series is powered by an Intel Atom Z670 processor with 2GB of RAM. The tablet is equipped with a 10.1-inch display with 1366×768 pixels resolution, ambient light sensor, touch capabilities and Windows 7 with a custom Samsung app launcher.

Samsung 10.1-inch Sliding PC 7 Series tablet  Gsmarena-001-10-590x341

Measuring at less than 2cm think and weighing under 1kg, the Samsung Sliding PC 7 Series relies on an SSD drive for storage (32GB or 64GB), hence Windows boot in just 15 seconds or wake up from hibernation in 3 seconds. Other features include an HDMI port, WiFi, optional 3G/WiMAX connectivity and more.

This amazing Samsung tablet will be available for sale in March for $699.

Source
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26183
    Japan

Samsung 10.1-inch Sliding PC 7 Series tablet  Empty Re: Samsung 10.1-inch Sliding PC 7 Series tablet

Post by Vicky Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:42 am

my question is can run photoshop or office
    Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 28085
    Philippines

Samsung 10.1-inch Sliding PC 7 Series tablet  Empty Re: Samsung 10.1-inch Sliding PC 7 Series tablet

Post by Meesh Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:00 am

Vicky wrote:my question is can run photoshop or office

I read up on it and it said that during the Las Vegas Consumer Electronics Show (CES), that the Samsung tablet comes fully equipped with the Microsoft Windows 7 OS and a pre-installed microsoft office 2010 starter package. It's seems that it's slightly better than most tablets, given the fact that it's a slider and comes with it's own full on QWERTY keyboard.

You can pretty much take it with you anywhere; it's perfect for indoor/outdoor use. It's great for personal use for social networking or simple computing activities-you can even watch movies on it.

The brightness levels adjust according to the ambient lighting that surrounds your environment which makes it a big energy saving feature. With these auto adjustments it'll last you about 9 hours.

Among other specs, it has an hdmi port, 4-in-1 memory card reader, built in webcam & audio speakers, 3g networking, and is capable of device-to-device connectivity among other Samsung AllShare users which allows you to swap music, videos, and photos among other things between each other

I was seriously considering getting an iPad, but since I found that article about the announcement of its release, this seems like it would be worth my money because it's like a slim version of a cross between a netbook and an iPad or tablet device. It's fairly light- 2.2 pounds. My laptop isn't terribly too big, but the battery life is pretty much at it's end without the power source and I'd like something smaller to take around with me that'll fit nicely into one of my huge bags lol. They're starting at around $700 MSRP, bit pricey, but it's pretty nice.

And about photoshop..not sure..I'm pretty sure it'd be possible to run it? I didn't see any details in regards to that software. Anything is possible these days with all the hacks that are going about. So if it so happens that you can't run photoshop on it, sit tight for a little while and maybe there will be a way. They've cracked just about everything else!
    SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31310
    Puerto Rico

Post by SPADEZ Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:39 am

Thats a pretty sweet tablet. Nice addition to have the qwerty keyboard, makes it more of a laptop then a tablet. The specs look pretty good too consider its size. The $700 is indeed a bit pricy and probably wont drop until 2012 or hopefully by the holidays. I would buy this but I already own a laptop that doesn't nearly get any amount of attention as it should, so I'll probably hold out on buying this, although the size is beneficial to carry around.. arrrgghhh the dilema @_@
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26183
    Japan

Post by Vicky Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:02 pm

Meesh wrote:
    Vicky wrote:my question is can run photoshop or office

I read up on it and it said that during the Las Vegas Consumer Electronics Show (CES), that the Samsung tablet comes fully equipped with the Microsoft Windows 7 OS and a pre-installed microsoft office 2010 starter package. It's seems that it's slightly better than most tablets, given the fact that it's a slider and comes with it's own full on QWERTY keyboard.

You can pretty much take it with you anywhere; it's perfect for indoor/outdoor use. It's great for personal use for social networking or simple computing activities-you can even watch movies on it.

The brightness levels adjust according to the ambient lighting that surrounds your environment which makes it a big energy saving feature. With these auto adjustments it'll last you about 9 hours.

Among other specs, it has an hdmi port, 4-in-1 memory card reader, built in webcam & audio speakers, 3g networking, and is capable of device-to-device connectivity among other Samsung AllShare users which allows you to swap music, videos, and photos among other things between each other

I was seriously considering getting an iPad, but since I found that article about the announcement of its release, this seems like it would be worth my money because it's like a slim version of a cross between a netbook and an iPad or tablet device. It's fairly light- 2.2 pounds. My laptop isn't terribly too big, but the battery life is pretty much at it's end without the power source and I'd like something smaller to take around with me that'll fit nicely into one of my huge bags lol. They're starting at around $700 MSRP, bit pricey, but it's pretty nice.

And about photoshop..not sure..I'm pretty sure it'd be possible to run it? I didn't see any details in regards to that software. Anything is possible these days with all the hacks that are going about. So if it so happens that you can't run photoshop on it, sit tight for a little while and maybe there will be a way. They've cracked just about everything else!
    oh sweet damn it runs window virus on tablets now yay lol Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:38 am