The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

3 posters

Sony strikes back further at PS3 jailbreakers, tracing IPs…

Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 28065
    Philippines

Sony strikes back further at PS3 jailbreakers, tracing IPs…   Empty Sony strikes back further at PS3 jailbreakers, tracing IPs…

Post by Meesh Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:39 pm

If you think that the war between Sony and PS3 hackers is over, you’re quite wrong. Restraining orders against Geohot and rootkits in latest PS3 firmware weren’t enough for Sony, and therefore, Sony has decided to take further drastic measures.

Sony strikes back further at PS3 jailbreakers, tracing IPs…   Ps3fir11

It doesn’t matter that Geohot got restraining order because Sony decided to hunt down anybody that posts links to the PS3 jailbreak code that has been present on the internet for some time. It seems that Sony is quite serious and its even forcing Google to handover IP addresses of the people that have commented or even viewed YouTube videos of famous PS3 hacker Geohot.

This entire process is a bit drastic, and by giving IP addresses, Sony and Google will seriously violate the privacy of their users, not to mention that this drastic process will cost both companies their users’ trust. It seems that Sony is determined to do whatever it takes including violating your privacy online, like if putting a rootkit in your PS3 wasn’t violating your privacy enough.

Source
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29264
    Puerto Rico

Sony strikes back further at PS3 jailbreakers, tracing IPs…   Empty Re: Sony strikes back further at PS3 jailbreakers, tracing IPs…

Post by iRaz Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:48 pm

its ok, if i get perma banned, i will losse all the money i spent on PSN(OVER $400, probably), im thinking on getting an xbox tho, not because i will probably get banned on the ps3, i was just thinking about getting one.
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26163
    Japan

Sony strikes back further at PS3 jailbreakers, tracing IPs…   Empty Re: Sony strikes back further at PS3 jailbreakers, tracing IPs…

Post by Vicky Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Sony will lose because of this poeple not used sony products anymore and who they hurting beside them self

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:43 pm