The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

2 posters

A USB Charging Adapter for the iPad

Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 28040
    Philippines

A USB Charging Adapter for the iPad Empty A USB Charging Adapter for the iPad

Post by Meesh Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:02 pm

A USB Charging Adapter for the iPad

by Roy Furchgott

If you have a lot of gadgets, you probably have to use a USB hub to keep all your devices plugged in. The problem is that some devices either won’t charge on a hub.
    A USB Charging Adapter for the iPad 18gadgetwise-ipad-articleInline
    The iXP1-500 iPad Adapter

I find it particularly annoying on my iPad, which requires frequent syncs to update all of the apps I’m trying out. I understand the problem is even worse for PC owners, whose iPads can charge only from a wall outlet.A company called Xmultiple has a $5 answer to the problem. It is grandly called the iXP1-500 iPad Adapter, a USB doodad slightly larger than a pair of Chiclets.Just add the little device to the USB end of your sync cable and your iPad will charge from the USB connection.One little problem though. When it is charging, it can’t sync. When it’s syncing, it can’t charge, so you have to pick between the two.The company said it looked at adding a switch to the adapter so that the device could do both but it made it more expensive than they would like it to be.So if not perfect, for five dollars it’s an added little bit of convenience, especially for PC owners. It is available through the Xmultiple Web site

Source: http://gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/18/a-usb-charging-adapter-for-the-ipad/?src=twt&twt=gadgetwise
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26138
    Japan

A USB Charging Adapter for the iPad Empty Re: A USB Charging Adapter for the iPad

Post by Vicky Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:23 pm

very cool ipad still useless this coming from apple fan so you know it bad Razz

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:27 pm