The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

+2
PyroPhoenix
iRaz
6 posters

Battlefield 3 / Jay-Z -- "99 Problems" Full-Length Gameplay TV Ad

iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29324
    Puerto Rico

Battlefield 3 / Jay-Z -- "99 Problems" Full-Length Gameplay TV Ad  Empty Battlefield 3 / Jay-Z -- "99 Problems" Full-Length Gameplay TV Ad

Post by iRaz Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:44 pm

PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

PSN ID PSN ID : PyroPhoenix

Cash : 26088
    United States of America

Battlefield 3 / Jay-Z -- "99 Problems" Full-Length Gameplay TV Ad  Empty Re: Battlefield 3 / Jay-Z -- "99 Problems" Full-Length Gameplay TV Ad

Post by PyroPhoenix Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:34 pm

Preordered! I can't wait to snipe some heads with bullet drop 5 miles away. Kill 50pts, marksman headshot bonus 500pts. Long range sniping with bullet drop takes skill, it's not some quick snipe bullshit. Fuck you cod.
    bmarzke
    bmarzke
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

PSN ID PSN ID : bmarzke

Cash : 23384
    United States of America

Battlefield 3 / Jay-Z -- "99 Problems" Full-Length Gameplay TV Ad  Empty Re: Battlefield 3 / Jay-Z -- "99 Problems" Full-Length Gameplay TV Ad

Post by bmarzke Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:26 am

A sniper shot from 5 miles away would encounter a drop of somewhere in the neighborhood of 600m. Or for those non-metric hoopla kinda guys that would be 1968.4 feet.... With a cross-wind of only 5mph it could move the shot up to 45m or 147.636 feet in either direction along the x-axis of your trajectory. That wouldn't be very real to life. And we haven't even taken into consideration the earth gravitational and rotational variables or humidity and elevation. This shot would be just pure dumb luck if it had the most sophisticated computer in the world as it's targeting and guidance system. But with a bullet there really isn't much "guidance" to be had.

But imagine for a minute. If that shot were to make contact with someone, the sound from the gunshot (granted they could hear it that far away) would probably not be heard untill sometime around 27 seconds after impact which is nuts!!!!! And speaking of impact, at that range I believe the bullet would no longer be deadly. lol
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:54 am

Battlefield 3 / Jay-Z -- "99 Problems" Full-Length Gameplay TV Ad  Why-so-serious-ronald
    We're talking about videogames here. 5 miles wasn't accurate, I was exaggerating to get my point across. If anything it's about a mile, which is doable.
    SuperAPG1
    SuperAPG1
    EN Robot
    EN Robot

EN AwardListed Top Poster

PSN ID PSN ID : ArcadePro_1

Cash : 25158
    United States of America

Post by SuperAPG1 Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:13 am

lol i cant wait to do it to pyro Smile
    Strebeck
    Strebeck
    EN Android
    EN Android

Cash : 25213
    United States of America

Post by Strebeck Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:27 pm

Record is what, 1.5mi?

Blah lost the old BF3 thread....

But got my beta invite today. Early access, starts today.
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:45 pm

Strebeck wrote:Record is what, 1.5mi?

Blah lost the old BF3 thread....

But got my beta invite today. Early access, starts today.
    Were you able to redeem your code? I have some BF3 early access beta keys that I grabbed from gamespot livestream yesterday, not sure if used already or just not working yet...
    Strebeck
    Strebeck
    EN Android
    EN Android

United States of America

Post by Strebeck Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:26 pm

Not working yet. EA forums are saying that it will work when the PSN store updates, which is usually 5 Pacific, 8 Eastern. So, I'll just wait till then.
    SuperAPG1
    SuperAPG1
    EN Robot
    EN Robot

EN AwardListed Top Poster

PSN ID PSN ID : ArcadePro_1

Cash : 25158
    United States of America

Post by SuperAPG1 Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:30 pm

how many do you have?
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:13 pm

Ooohhh beta codes! Gimme one Raz. Very Happy
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:28 pm

PyroPhoenix wrote:Ooohhh beta codes! Gimme one Raz. Very Happy
    I think they're all taken.
    Battlefield 3 / Jay-Z -- "99 Problems" Full-Length Gameplay TV Ad  Bf3betakeys
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:45 pm

Yeah, most likely if they were shown publicly.
    Strebeck
    Strebeck
    EN Android
    EN Android

United States of America

Post by Strebeck Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:46 pm

downloading now, and i started the download late. others are in. it's a heafty download and the network i'm on right now isn't the best for such things. I'll update when i get a few mins of playtime in.

Additional note, at least one person I know has access to the beta without getting a code, or an email. He found out by going to the PSN store, then "View All Titles" or whatever is on teh left column. Then picking "B" then "Battlefield 3" then the first icon was the beta. He's downloading now, too.

5 mins of your time for what might be a few extra days of Beta.
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:54 pm

Nothing but trailers in there. Using the search function I found BF3 Beta, "This content cannot be accessed on your account." I didn't get MOH so that's probably why.

Last edited by PyroPhoenix on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Strebeck wrote:downloading now, and i started the download late. others are in. it's a heafty download and the network i'm on right now isn't the best for such things. I'll update when i get a few mins of playtime in.

Additional note, at least one person I know has access to the beta without getting a code, or an email. He found out by going to the PSN store, then "View All Titles" or whatever is on teh left column. Then picking "B" then "Battlefield 3" then the first icon was the beta. He's downloading now, too.

5 mins of your time for what might be a few extra days of Beta.
    he must be lying, no beta there T_T *feels em0*
    edit: What pyro said.... same.

Last edited by iRaz on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:59 pm

After trying out those codes Raz posted, I managed to somehow get one of them to work! Thanks Raz! Super corrupt mod club epic highfive!
    Battlefield 3 / Jay-Z -- "99 Problems" Full-Length Gameplay TV Ad  EpicHighFive
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:02 pm

PyroPhoenix wrote:After trying out those codes Raz posted, I managed to somehow get one of them to work! Thanks Raz! Super corrupt mod club epic highfive!
    Battlefield 3 / Jay-Z -- "99 Problems" Full-Length Gameplay TV Ad  EpicHighFive
    guess I'll have to wait 2 more days.... if you find any ununsed code, let me know
    Strebeck
    Strebeck
    EN Android
    EN Android

United States of America

Post by Strebeck Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:47 am

played at werk, shit was dope. d/ling at home. .drunk as fk, win/win/win? what;s the 3rd win? me.
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:00 am

Haha awsome, we should squad up! <3
    Strebeck
    Strebeck
    EN Android
    EN Android

United States of America

Post by Strebeck Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:22 am

sure, homed it up, got froze
    Strebeck
    Strebeck
    EN Android
    EN Android

United States of America

Post by Strebeck Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:37 pm

So I gave this a whirl a little yesterday and again this morning.

The menus are solid and make sense. I can find everything I'm looking for.
    The matchmaking was good, fast, and gave me the option to autojoin a squad, or to create my own. I tried both, both worked well.
    The GUI is clean, and I like it. It's blue/orange color scheme is nice, and one I've chosen in custom UIs in the past.
    I was not able to find a hotkey for checking the scoreboard, and this irritated me. It was burried under a start menu layer, and wasn't very accessable at all.
    The map we're given in teh Beta is large and pretty fun. It has some indoor, outdoor, and underground elements all in one. I liked it. It flowed well and had some nice paths and choke points.
    Geometry damage was "okay" it looked cool, but it wasn't *WOW* inspiring. Also once when I had a guy beaded up and fired, i ended up shooting the wall i was covering behind instead. I think I saw through the wall due to damage, but i couldn't shoot through the damaged area. Not cool.
    The kill cam sucks, it showed the guy AFTER he killed you, not before and during. But the data given on the kill cam was nice (load-out, ID, personal KVD between you and that guy, etc)
    Spawn options were good. Static, squad leader, squadmate.
    As for intangibles, it was fun. The flow was nice. I felt engaged, and part of a team. I'll buy it based on that alone.
    Also, leveling up seems good. I only played a little, but the pace seems reasonable and the upgrades are welcome.
    Visually I was satisfied. I wasn't over-the-top impressed, but at no point did I think "yuck!" it was pretty, but not OMGz pretty. Bottom line, I forgot about the graphics and melted into the game. For me that's the right amount of graphic coolness for an online FPS.

First impressions give this game a solid B with plenty of realistic opportunities for improvement. I'll buy it, but in the end it will be the community that dictates how long I play.
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:06 pm

Stre, hold down select to view the scoreboard, also when looking at enemies you hit select to spot them.

I wasn't that impressed with the destruction in BF3, BFBC2 was more fun blowing shit up. You almost forget about it when you're in the subway and nothing is breaking. Then you go topside and the whole wall is blown out. I think they made it more realistic where you can't blow up everything so easily.

The starting sniper rifles are meh, the hit box for the head is definitely smaller for the sniper. I wasn't so stoked after using the sniper rifles, I still shot people in the face. I loved the BFBC2 sniper rifles, they might not of been super realistic, but they were definitely fun almost like a mini game. Maybe I just need to find a M95 or something.

I beasted everybody with the assault class, rolling up on guys getting double and triple kills. I tested out the shotgun too, it works great with decent range. I leveled up quite a bit, after a good run I went up like 4 levels. Unlocked the heavy barrel and the tactical light for the assault rifles.

The graphics are top notch. The gameplay reminds me of COD a little bit more than battlefield bad company 2. But every FPS game nowadays is the same. The running is smoother. I definitely had fun with the beta. It sounds great in 7.1 surround sound btw.
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:20 am

Testing out BF3 on the PC. Sniping is way easier since the mouse is godlike. Got like 40 kills sniping people in the face with the SVD. Almost questioning my decision why I'm getting it for the PS3... I will not give in to you superior PC version! Damn how I miss the mouses accuracy on the PS3. Both versions are fun but I <3 trophies.
    Strebeck
    Strebeck
    EN Android
    EN Android

United States of America

Post by Strebeck Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:59 am

You know what grinds my gears about this? The ps3 is fully capable of running Mouse+keys control setups for shooters (or any title), but it's an industry guideline that doing so creates non-skill based differentials in gamers and as such, is inappropriate for developers to implement this.

That said I need to borrow someone's SplitFish and see if it's worth a damn on BF3.
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:04 pm

The only game that incorporated mouse and keyboard was UT3 for the PS3. Ever since then every game makes sure not to use it. Like you said, ps3 gamers would whine if a mouse user was dominating everyone. I was owning everybody on the mouse, head shot after head shot with the SVD at medium range, I must have killed 20 in a row. Yeah dude, try out that splitfish and tell me how good it is. I always hear blah reviews on it; it doesn't feel like a mouse, you gotta click harder than normal, you have to use a claw like hand to use it properly, and it breaks easily so I've heard.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:37 am