The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

+8
Meesh
Buzz
ChristmasNiGHTS
rhondatommy
Strebeck
Vicky
iRaz
SPADEZ
12 posters

Hackers Take Down Sony and PlayStation.com, PSN Goes Offline

SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31325
    Puerto Rico

Hackers Take Down Sony and PlayStation.com, PSN Goes Offline Empty Hackers Take Down Sony and PlayStation.com, PSN Goes Offline

Post by SPADEZ Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:58 pm

Hackers have taken down Sony and PlayStation.com which has consequently taken the PlayStation Network offline.

Speaking on an IRC chat a group of hackers, who are known as Anonymous, have successfully taken down several Sony-owned websites. One of which is PlayStation.com as well as Sony.com (although the site is slowly coming back). The attack is caused via a DDoS attack which is a distributed denial-of-service attack.

Also, the PlayStation Network is experiencing connection issues for PS3 owners. Sony tweeted:

• PSN currently undergoing sporadic maintenance. Access to the PSN may be interrupted throughout the day. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The hackers stated that the attacks won’t stop until “sony do a press release”.

The hacker’s actions are due to a war on Sony they declared yesterday. The hackers said:

• Congratulations, Sony. You now have now received the undivided attention of Anonymous. Your recent legal action against our follow hackers, Geohot and Graf_Chokolo, has not only alarmed us, it has been deemed wholly unforgivable.”

You have now abused the judicial system in an attempt to censor information on how your products work. You have victimised your own customers merely for possessing and sharing information, and continue to target every person who seeks this information. In doing so you have violated the privacy of thousands. This is the information they were willing to teach the world for free. The very same information you wish to suppress for sake of corporate greed and complete control of the users.

Now you will experience the wrath of Anonymous. You saw a hornets nest, and stuck your p*nises in it. You must face the consequences of your actions, Anonymous style.

Knowledge is Free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not Forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Hackers Take Down Sony and PlayStation.com, PSN Goes Offline Anonymous-Sony

source
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29299
    Puerto Rico

Hackers Take Down Sony and PlayStation.com, PSN Goes Offline Empty Re: Hackers Take Down Sony and PlayStation.com, PSN Goes Offline

Post by iRaz Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:11 pm

Thats why we have to pay on Xbox, Xbox's servers are protected, not like PS3's
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26198
    Japan

Hackers Take Down Sony and PlayStation.com, PSN Goes Offline Empty Re: Hackers Take Down Sony and PlayStation.com, PSN Goes Offline

Post by Vicky Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:43 pm

Anything can be hacked even the fbi cia swiss bank of american got hacked .There no way anything could have more protected sever then these people. Dont live in a fanstay land :p back on topic Sony mess with hackers which isn't to wise
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:10 pm

btw, are the servers working or still not avaliable?
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:51 pm

i am on psn atm dont know about the forums :p
    Strebeck
    Strebeck
    EN Android
    EN Android

Cash : 25188
    United States of America

Post by Strebeck Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:17 pm

iRaz wrote:Thats why we have to pay on Xbox, Xbox's servers are protected, not like PS3's

Don't be so sure Wink

Xbox Live policy director's account hacked
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:26 pm

Strebeck wrote:
    iRaz wrote:Thats why we have to pay on Xbox, Xbox's servers are protected, not like PS3's

Don't be so sure Wink

Xbox Live policy director's account hacked
    nice find lol, ok, you guys win, but Xbox Online Service still better XD
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:12 pm

just because paid for something doesn't mean it better
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:46 pm

Vicky wrote:just because paid for something doesn't mean it better
    it is better, there is games on xbox that i can play with friends and on PS3 i cant connect with anyone. plus mods work better.
    rhondatommy
    rhondatommy
    EN Transformer
    EN Transformer

EN AwardListed Top Poster

PSN ID PSN ID : rhondatommy. Na, rhonda247. Jp,rgsinthehouse. Eu

Cash : 25400
    United States of America

Post by rhondatommy Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:29 am

omg so thats what the heck the problem with psn so is this why home acting up too i ranted about it and i was just wondering cause still taking forever to load geez and as for website i dont know too much dont use it much and i notice the store is acting funny too but whats really weird idk if u notice but when an area of home is downloading the words in the top right corner tells you like upand coming games and stuff well it shakes now badly while u download stuff if u go out to ur message or just to main screen omg they the ones that screwed up everyones time and date so it locked up ur system hum sony bs man take care of ur firewalls soon or everything u guys has build will crash and burn and as a psn user i would hate to see that happen i kinda like playing on home and in the online games how far will these hackers go if they into websites how much of our info do they really how i mean really thank god our personal info isnt on home but hello facebook and twiter and other stuff we do is connect to psn omg
    ChristmasNiGHTS
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

Cash : 24181
    Hong Kong

Post by ChristmasNiGHTS Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:19 am

Okay, I know this happened like ..2 days ago?..But I couldn't even log into PSN this morning, got that same Error Code from last time(( yadda yadda **rolls eyes)). So im just going to assume this is due to the Hackers or to Sony doing some maintenance as a result of the Hackers' actions. Right now, I think i can tolerate it because its necessary to protect their system from these self-righteous miscreants. As long as its not happening on a regular basis, Im fine ( i guess). But the thing Im wondering is why even go this far in the first place? ..For GeoHot's sake?.. Sony can now easily use this in their case against him to make it appear as if their the victims of the hackers' abuses towards them. (Also not to mention that "sticking your p*nises in the hornet's nest" remark isnt gonna help them in the long run ..)

In my opinion, if someone wants to satiate their urge to hack anything and everything in the name of personal entertainment, Why not get a PC?..A PC is far more versatile and flexible in that regards as opposed to a PS3 , which depends on its parent company for all features it can provide. And, Just the fact the Hackers continue their attacks on PSN while simultaneously and apathetically knowing it affects uninvolved, innocent users and giving the knowledge and ability to Ban/Unban any PS3 to immature misfits is enough to for the Hackers to be demonized in my eyes. And besides.. Who can blame Sony for protecting their interests and assets?

GeoHot knew what he was getting himself into the moment he posted the PS3 Jailbreaking Information online. Its not the fact that He, or his friends , was going to do anything unscrupulous with the Information. But the many people who wouldve had access to the information surely would have. I suppose, if Sony hadnt had taken all these steps against Geohot and if they had been more Lax in their persecution of him. The PS3 wouldve have already ended up just like the PSP by now: "A Powerful Game system with No Games out for it because the game developers arent stupid enough to make a game for a system that they know people are just going to pirate anyways"

Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:39 am

Developers dont make psp games because dont sell well no other reason >.< If developers stop making games for system because people found a way to make it free. Computers gaming wouldn't be or games for the Wii or DS all them have hacks to play free games. Hacks make thing better not worse. Only reason SONY sell the PSP because people hack it to play old games and or hack it to used skype. (PSP was crap before hacking still had no games to speak of) So SONY should thank hackers not sue them. Companies paid millions to have people find bugs or glitches in there System so be happy
    Buzz
    Buzz
    EN Activated
    EN Activated

PSN ID PSN ID : XxadrammelechXx

Cash : 25462
    Canada

Hackers Take Down Sony and PlayStation.com, PSN Goes Offline Empty watch TF out

Post by Buzz Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:03 am

seems its wedsday april 6th 11 am est and psn is offline hmmmm wonder it its got to do with this also, strebs and others heres the vid showing the xbox staff member "stepto" getting his account jacked. guess this guys is the head of xbox lives security LOOOOOL take a look @ theses links..

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/04/06/the-worst-is-yet-to-come-anonymous-talks-to-playstation-lifestyle/comment-page-1/
    SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31325
    Puerto Rico

Post by SPADEZ Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:12 pm

As the notorious hacker group 'Anonymous' stated, "Now you will experience the wrath of Anonymous." PSN will undergo more and more downtime as a result of Anonymous attacking Sonys servers until there demands are met. So as this war between Hackers & Sony continues to get heavier, we, the civilians in this matter, shall end up casualities, as in any war.

I'm going to attempt to break down Anonymous message and see if I can make sense of what they are trying to say and do here...

• Congratulations, Sony. You now have now received the undivided attention of Anonymous. Your recent legal action against our follow hackers, Geohot and Graf_Chokolo, has not only alarmed us, it has been deemed wholly unforgivable.”

The case between Sony and Geohot has been brewing since the beginning of 2011 and only gets more intense. The internet has gone crazy with comments about this case both in favor of Geohots actions and against his actions. It was bound to happen that more hackers will step in and take a stand for what is happening here, and then came Anonymous.

• You have now abused the judicial system in an attempt to censor information on how your products work. You have victimised your own customers merely for possessing and sharing information, and continue to target every person who seeks this information. In doing so you have violated the privacy of thousands. This is the information they were willing to teach the world for free. The very same information you wish to suppress for sake of corporate greed and complete control of the users.

Now you will experience the wrath of Anonymous. You saw a hornets nest, and stuck your p*nises in it. You must face the consequences of your actions, Anonymous style.

Anonymous is saying that Sony has censored information that should be our right to know, thus, abusing the system in an unconstitutional manner. Every person who tries to understand and seek this information is being victimised by Sony. Sony does this by violating the privacy of everyone attempting to seek information by obtaining the IP address of everyone who has uploaded, watched, commented, donated, etc... on anything involving these hacks on the PS3 and Geohot. This means if you uploaded a Youtube video about this, you IP address has probably been demanded to be handed over to Sony from Youtube.

• A federal magistrate is granting Sony the right to acquire the internet IP addresses of anybody who has visited PlayStation 3 hacker George Hotz’s website from January of 2009 to the present.

• Sony also won subpoenas (.pdf) for data from YouTube and Google, as part of its lawsuit against the 21-year-old New Jersey hacker, as well as Twitter account data linked to Hotz, who goes by the handle GeoHot.

• The judge also signed off on a Google subpoena seeking the logs for Hotz’s Blogger.com blog, geohotps.3.blogspot.com.

• A YouTube subpoena, also approved, seeks information connected to the “geohot” account that displayed a video of the hack being used: “Jailbroken PS3 3.55 with Homebrew.” The subpoena demands data to identify who watched the video and “documents reproducing all records or usernames and IP addresses that have posted or published comments in response to the video.”
    ^ Read More About The Federal Magistrate Here.

As a result of this, Anonymous seeks to become the act of real justice by stopping this abusive policing acts by Sony. In retaliation, Sony will feel the "wrath" of hacker group Anonymous, and face the consequences of Sony invading the privacy of thousands of people due to Geohots actions, which is still an on going case.

• Knowledge is Free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not Forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Anonymous is saying that we all deserve to know infomation, it should be free. The PSN going down for some serious maintaince is the result of the attacks of Anonymous against Sony servers. That is what they are implying by this. Sony will continue to be DOS attacked until demands are met. Their demands are the following:

• Sony must end any and all attempts to prosecute individuals trying to alter a product that they legally own.
    • Sony must end all current or pending/upcoming litigation against George Hotz and any individuals behind the collected IP addresses.
    • Sony must allow for end-user modification of their product, as was heavily advertised and available before the 3.21 update.
    ^ Source of Anonymous Demands List
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:19 pm

I heard Sony will ban every single user who went to geohot's website, even if they didnt make anything, if this really happen... i will sell my PS3 and all my games, its not f****ng fair.
    Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 28100
    Philippines

Post by Meesh Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:28 pm

I'll use my ps3 as a giant centerpiece for my coffee table in the meantime..or a coaster..whichever..till it's back up. What is this, the hax0r revolution? Talk about making a bold statement. Curious to see where this goes..
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:42 pm

Meesh wrote:I'll use my ps3 as a giant centerpiece for my coffee table in the meantime..or a coaster..whichever..till it's back up. What is this, the hax0r revolution? Talk about making a bold statement. Curious to see where this goes..
    And ill pay anything to make my PS3's Funeral.
    ChristmasNiGHTS
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

Hong Kong

Post by ChristmasNiGHTS Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:51 pm

**rolls eyes** @ Vicky ..

It's "funny" you only responded to the final few sentences of my last post in this topic and disregarded the rest of it.

Anyways, I still stand by my ideology that it's the hackers who are the antagonists in this whole dispute... Although it does seem a little hardheaded of me to not be so neutral as I usually am. It's just I have NEVER cared about geohot or any of his exploits in the past. I was aware of him and what he discovered and I still payed it no mind as long as it didn't affect me adversely. Obviously Im now stating my personal opionions as I currently CANT LOG IN due to geohot's hacker friends having their "lulz" .

I may seem a little bit close-minded right now at the moment, but eventually as this situation drags on between Sony and the anonymous crew , I expect more and more people to understand my perspective and come to the conclusion that anonymous are just a bunch of punks and not the "freedom fighters" that they so hungrily wish to be glorified as.
    CruciA
    CruciA
    EN Artist
    EN Artist

EN Award#1 EN Artist

EN Award 2Listed Top Poster

PSN ID PSN ID : CruciA

Cash : 27073
    United States of America

Post by CruciA Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:27 pm

lol shit happens xD
    rhondatommy
    rhondatommy
    EN Transformer
    EN Transformer

United States of America

Post by rhondatommy Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:13 pm

hey tell them to hack sony again it fixed my download issue and the dang lagging i was having omg thank u hackers lol sony couldnt fix it lol
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Well less lag issue when less people are on PSN. Sony should allowed hacker to mod there systems and this can all go away.
    ChristmasNiGHTS
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

Hong Kong

Post by ChristmasNiGHTS Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:02 am

Um, btw..i just looked at that Anonymous video message or whatever just now... and i have to say....
    it looks TOTALLY corny
    .. like..
    ...1990's corny lol..
    I just started thinking of "Clarissa Explains It All" for some reason O_o?
    rhondatommy
    rhondatommy
    EN Transformer
    EN Transformer

United States of America

Post by rhondatommy Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:48 am

hahaha yeah corny but still sony take threat sirously and thay closed psn down for that reason hum how bad really can hackers screw up sony only time will tell
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:14 pm

PS3 Online servers still not good enough to let me play with friends.
    rhondatommy
    rhondatommy
    EN Transformer
    EN Transformer

United States of America

Post by rhondatommy Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:43 pm

omg thats so stupid ban everyone thats went heck idk if i did as u know i just been on home from july 4th 2010 and well i was checking out everything i could on you tube about home i even know about things and websites i shouldnt and well i dont want banned im kinda a have way good person on there yeah i glitch for fun but i dont crash home trash talk noone and was ban a week for stupid reason other then that ive been good but back to what i said i dont remember every video i watched on you tube geez wth r we to do if by not r fault we watched one of his videos will we be banned permantly too omg thats totally not fair

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:01 am