The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

Japan Post to USA shipping restrictions.

Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26213
    Japan

Japan Post to USA shipping restrictions. Empty Japan Post to USA shipping restrictions.

Post by Vicky Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Japan Post to USA shipping restrictions. 236f3b10

Ok, so I'm trying to still gather information on this but it seems like starting Nov. 17 Japan Post (EMS, SAL) will no longer be shipping packages over 16 oz to the USA until further notice.

There are exceptions.

It seems like companies who have business accounts are exempt but I do not know how or if this will affect stores like HobbySearch, AmiAmi, Mandarake, Hobby Link Japan, etc. This does seem like it would greatly affect Toy Hunter and other hunters/shippers from Japan. I would imagine Yahoo Auction Japan sales could be affected depending on how you plan to ship it to the USA. I don't have alot of experience with Japan shippers so I'm not sure if they would have a business account that qualifies for exemption or not.

This of course affects many members of figure.fm so I just want to get the news out.

I am waiting to hear from the stores themselves and hopefully it will be good news as I am expecting lots of figures and especially the BRS, DM and Mugi PVCs are all over the 16oz restriction once packaged in a shipping box.

Majirox news article quoting Asahi Shinbun

They said because of bombs i think because out selling american items 20% of imports now come form japan

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:39 am