The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

+2
PyroPhoenix
Jacobden
6 posters

Favorite Pop Singer? Punk derailment

Jacobden
    Jacobden
    Human
    Human

Cash : 23037
    Canada

Favorite Pop Singer? Punk derailment - Page 2 Empty Favorite Pop Singer? Punk derailment

Post by Jacobden Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:04 am

First topic message reminder :

Shakira is my favorite Pop Singer. She is an awesome pop singer. She has a good voice and also she is a fabulous dancer. In short she is all in one. I like to listen her songs which are listed here.
    1.Hips Don't Lie
    2.Waka, Waka (This Time for Africa)
    3.Whenever, Wherever

So tell me who is your favorite Pop Singer? Why do you like him/her ?

Topic moved to Music Discussions / Title change. - PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

PSN ID PSN ID : PyroPhoenix

Cash : 25978
    United States of America

Favorite Pop Singer? Punk derailment - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Pop Singer? Punk derailment

Post by PyroPhoenix Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:28 pm

I just hate growling, once I hear it I'm immediately disappointed. I actually thought you were trolling me with Asking Alexandria since I said I hate growling in the previous post. I don't care if Alec likes it or not, that's irrelevant. This thread was punk rock derailment not new core shit lol.
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26113
    Japan

Favorite Pop Singer? Punk derailment - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Pop Singer? Punk derailment

Post by Vicky Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:33 pm

Asking Alexandria aslo did a pop turn punk cd :p

This New wave punk i guess what ever they want to call it cool with me i think it great music
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:23 am

Horrible, worst thing I've ever heard. They were never punk, only using the punk label to sell their shit to the unwashed masses. Punk rock is 80's, 90's, everything after sucks. This is a prime example of modern shit. Over produced, auto-tune, growling shit. But it's relevant since this thread was "Pop".
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Fearless records Is the record company that makes the punk goes cd's

Bands like Devil's wear prada, A Day To Remember, Set Your Goals, The ready Set this is new punk if you like it or not. I am old enough to be a live in the 80's dont think it best music never there many band from the 80's people would love to forgot and 90's. Hating on new music isn't new been done since ever. To know that some new music can still be awesome as the era you grow up with is hard to do. But hating music because it new isn't a good reason at all

PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:25 pm

I don't hate new music, I hate growling. Most the bands you just listed are not even punk. I don't think you know what punk rock is in the slightest. You should stay in your post-hardcore bubble and stop calling that shit punk. The ready set isn't even in the punk genre, you're a moron. When I say 80's I'm talking about 80's punk rock, I'm not talking about every genre from the 80's. I hope that enlightens you on the subject matter. If you wanna make a post-hardcore thread go for it, this isn't the right thread for that.
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:09 pm

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/the_ready_set_mayday_parade_12_more_revealed_on_punk_goes_pop_vol._

http://www.absolutepunk.net/artists/showlink.php?l=5241

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_punk

It is punk just because you dont want to call it punk it new punk (pop punk) It like people in the 60's saiding there no more rock music :/ Just because you dont want to call it punk. Get out of the 80's you not even old enough >< Music changes all the time Stop being close minded

Screamo is a musical subgenre of hardcore punk which predominantly evolved from emo, among other genres, in the early 1990s. The term "screamo" was initially applied to a more aggressive offshoot of emo that developed in San Diego in 1991, which used short songs that grafted "spastic intensity to willfully experimental dissonance and dynamics."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screamo

Btw Post hardcore in punk if you want to ament or not

Post-hardcore is a genre of music that developed from hardcore punk, itself an offshoot of the broader punk rock movement. Like post-punk, post-hardcore is a term for a broad constellation of groups. Many emerged from the hardcore punk scene, or took inspiration from hardcore, while concerning themselves with a wider degree of expression.

PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:04 pm

It sucks that's why it's not called punk, it's post-hardcore, emo, and screamo. Any punk rock enthusiasts will agree with me that punk rock died in the 80's, early 90's. Real hardcore punk is Dead Kennedys, anything after that is just stealing the genre name. Punk goes pop is utter shit, stop bring that up.
    Warning Topic locked: Repetitive.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:39 pm