The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

+8
Meesh
Buzz
ChristmasNiGHTS
rhondatommy
Strebeck
Vicky
iRaz
SPADEZ
12 posters

Hackers Take Down Sony and PlayStation.com, PSN Goes Offline

SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31235
    Puerto Rico

Hackers Take Down Sony and PlayStation.com, PSN Goes Offline - Page 2 Empty Hackers Take Down Sony and PlayStation.com, PSN Goes Offline

Post by SPADEZ Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hackers have taken down Sony and PlayStation.com which has consequently taken the PlayStation Network offline.

Speaking on an IRC chat a group of hackers, who are known as Anonymous, have successfully taken down several Sony-owned websites. One of which is PlayStation.com as well as Sony.com (although the site is slowly coming back). The attack is caused via a DDoS attack which is a distributed denial-of-service attack.

Also, the PlayStation Network is experiencing connection issues for PS3 owners. Sony tweeted:

• PSN currently undergoing sporadic maintenance. Access to the PSN may be interrupted throughout the day. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The hackers stated that the attacks won’t stop until “sony do a press release”.

The hacker’s actions are due to a war on Sony they declared yesterday. The hackers said:

• Congratulations, Sony. You now have now received the undivided attention of Anonymous. Your recent legal action against our follow hackers, Geohot and Graf_Chokolo, has not only alarmed us, it has been deemed wholly unforgivable.”

You have now abused the judicial system in an attempt to censor information on how your products work. You have victimised your own customers merely for possessing and sharing information, and continue to target every person who seeks this information. In doing so you have violated the privacy of thousands. This is the information they were willing to teach the world for free. The very same information you wish to suppress for sake of corporate greed and complete control of the users.

Now you will experience the wrath of Anonymous. You saw a hornets nest, and stuck your p*nises in it. You must face the consequences of your actions, Anonymous style.

Knowledge is Free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not Forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Hackers Take Down Sony and PlayStation.com, PSN Goes Offline - Page 2 Anonymous-Sony

source
    Buzz
    Buzz
    EN Activated
    EN Activated

PSN ID PSN ID : XxadrammelechXx

Cash : 25372
    Canada

Hackers Take Down Sony and PlayStation.com, PSN Goes Offline - Page 2 Empty Re: Hackers Take Down Sony and PlayStation.com, PSN Goes Offline

Post by Buzz Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:52 am

lmfao we r getting stung again looooooll knew theses guys had somthing to do w my psn being fked for the last week -_- and here it is
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/04/21/update-on-psn-service-outages/

Posted on 21 April by James Gallagher – Blog Manager, SCEE
    Update on PSN Service OutagesCountries: AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ

As you are no doubt aware, the current emergency outage is continuing this afternoon and all Sony Online Network services remain unavailable. Our support teams are investigating the cause of the problem, including the possibility of targeted behaviour by an outside party. If the reported Network problems are indeed caused by such acts, we would like to once again thank our customers who have borne the brunt of the attack through interrupted service.

Our engineers are continuing to work to restore and maintain the services, and we appreciate our customers’ continued support. For further information, please refer to updates on PlayStation.com, here on PlayStation.Blog and via our @PlayStationEU twitter feed.

rhondatommy
    rhondatommy
    EN Transformer
    EN Transformer

EN AwardListed Top Poster

PSN ID PSN ID : rhondatommy. Na, rhonda247. Jp,rgsinthehouse. Eu

Cash : 25310
    United States of America

Hackers Take Down Sony and PlayStation.com, PSN Goes Offline - Page 2 Empty Re: Hackers Take Down Sony and PlayStation.com, PSN Goes Offline

Post by rhondatommy Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:09 am

ok sony screwed up lmao but forrealjust report u f'''ed up and save us the headaches sonythats all annoyance wanted any way read thier demands geeez omg sick of this crap
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26108
    Japan

Post by Vicky Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:04 pm

well eat your own sony fuck with hackers you so going be sorry :p
    Ben Wars
    Ben Wars
    EN Cyborg
    EN Cyborg

EN AwardTech News Reporter

Cash : 25059
    United States of America

Post by Ben Wars Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:32 pm

Smh. This hacker vs sony war is starting to annoy me! Now we're being affected a lot more
    OhHellszNaw
    OhHellszNaw
    EN Test Subject
    EN Test Subject

PSN ID PSN ID : Whats PSN?

Cash : 25157
    Cuba

Post by OhHellszNaw Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:29 pm

and i thought the reason for world war 3 was gonna be some sort of nuclear strike. guess i was wrong... cheers
    Strebeck
    Strebeck
    EN Android
    EN Android

Cash : 25098
    United States of America

Post by Strebeck Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:27 pm

The thing people seem to not understand is that, in the end, this *doesn't* hurt Sony.

I'll also add that I seriously doubt that this is the result of a malicious attack. That SCEE post reeks of "we're not sure but we're just gonna post shit so the community hears us", and I'd wager whoever approved that gets axed.

You wanna touch Sony you have to move away from SCEI, and into their electronics.

Hackers Take Down Sony and PlayStation.com, PSN Goes Offline - Page 2 Dfsad

If you block their PSN and their forums, but leave their PS3s in a non-jailbroken firmware with three of the Spring's most anticipated physical media releases dropping?

Anyone smart enough to cripple a global network is smart enough to know that doing it now wont make Sony bat a single eyelash.

If you think hard about this, this doesn't seem like a malicious attack, at all.

Just my 2 cents, though.
    ChristmasNiGHTS
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

Cash : 24091
    Hong Kong

Post by ChristmasNiGHTS Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:35 pm

Im pretty sure Anonymous is back to laughing at Immature, Lame dragonball-z jokes and making up stupid internet Memes on 4chan.org again now that GeoHot got owned by Sony.

Their 15 minutes of fame are over.
    Strebeck
    Strebeck
    EN Android
    EN Android

Cash : 25098
    United States of America

Post by Strebeck Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:54 pm

They have mentioned that they will attack again once PSN is back up. but they are saying that they had nothing to do with this current situation. (from their IRC channel)
    Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 28010
    Philippines

Post by Meesh Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:09 pm

I agree with Stre. Losing revenue with electronics would be something they would be more worried about. This little hiccup in the Global Network is hardly anything they would really lose sleep over. It's the members of the network trying to go online having titty attacks though it's hardly malicious towards Sony. What ever the case, it still sucks major balls. Peeps wanna get online! Hopefully it comes back up soon. They're starting to e-riot.
    rhondatommy
    rhondatommy
    EN Transformer
    EN Transformer

United States of America

Post by rhondatommy Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:39 pm

so we gonna boycot sony products or what lmao joking but one thing i dont get why they start 1.5 knowing all bugs werent out of it geez that suxed yesterday when my ps said harddrive was corrupted omg i was scared i lost my ps really omg but it reset what i dont know it works nothing was missing i dont know wth the problem was
    Immortal_Beloved
    Immortal_Beloved
    EN Activated
    EN Activated

PSN ID PSN ID : Immortal_Beloved

Cash : 23868
    United States of America

Post by Immortal_Beloved Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:59 am

Lol @ people having a nervous breakdown because they can't get online. Get outside and taste the air! ;P Dont mind me, im' just posting for the hell of it. I was finally able to join today.. In regards to the whole Anonymous situation. I think its just a bunch of nerds trying to make some form of significance in their livez. I mean what's the point anyway/ It's just a joke Lulz.
    rhondatommy
    rhondatommy
    EN Transformer
    EN Transformer

United States of America

Post by rhondatommy Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:21 pm

@beloved not freaking out dont care but i didnt want to lose my saved files geez anyway i just wish sony amit they are wrong in this matter anyway gonna play wii better then ps anyway get to move around and have fun may just break out my old nintendo and play supermario brothers or contra or hum sega genius sonic calling my name screw psn u taken to long to fix this problem oh well email me if u ever fix ur screw up
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26108
    Japan

Post by Vicky Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:45 pm

same places it still cold outside and still raining >< so i wanted play psn on my day off and it down gets me ticked off
    rhondatommy
    rhondatommy
    EN Transformer
    EN Transformer

United States of America

Post by rhondatommy Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:38 pm

yes it cold and rainy here to so we been playing wii fit and daddy aka tommy been watching movies on crackle lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:03 pm