The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

4 posters

Geohot Next Jailbreak Project: Xperia Play (Legal)

SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31265
    Puerto Rico

Geohot Next Jailbreak Project: Xperia Play (Legal)  Empty Geohot Next Jailbreak Project: Xperia Play (Legal)

Post by SPADEZ Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:51 pm

Geohot Next Jailbreak Project: Xperia Play (Legal)  Xperia-PLAY_Black_screen2

This will definitely make Sony even more furious, after ripping apart Sony's Playstation 3 from every angle, famous jailbreaker GEOHOT now wants to go after Xperia Play. Geohot made his intention clear on his new blog where he is also asking for donation to fund his legal expenses against the platform holder.

Geohot

On his new blog Geohot said:

Geohot wrote: In fact, I want the opposite reputation set, that the more a company tries to abuse the legal system, the harder we rally back. I will be the first person in line on the launch date of the Xperia Play, and itching to get my hands on the Next GEOHOT Project.

One important thing to notice related to Xperia Play, the official description of device reads as "Xperia Play-The First PlayStation Certified Android Smartphone", its specify Xperia Play as a phone and so its legal to jailbreak since has been exempted by US court.

What the above details means that if Geohot tries to jailbreak Xperia Play, the makers can't take any legal action against him as it is legal to jailbreak phones.

source
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29239
    Puerto Rico

Geohot Next Jailbreak Project: Xperia Play (Legal)  Empty Re: Geohot Next Jailbreak Project: Xperia Play (Legal)

Post by iRaz Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:55 pm

lol, thats what sony get, geohot loves playing with sony. XD
    -=illuminati=-
    -=illuminati=-
    EN Cyborg
    EN Cyborg

Cash : 24582
    United States of America

Geohot Next Jailbreak Project: Xperia Play (Legal)  Empty Re: Geohot Next Jailbreak Project: Xperia Play (Legal)

Post by -=illuminati=- Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:46 pm

That's pretty cool. I honestly think that Sony is taking advantage of the legal system. I mean who cares if someone jail brakes a gaming system. What harm could possibly happen? NOTHING!
    rhondatommy
    rhondatommy
    EN Transformer
    EN Transformer

EN AwardListed Top Poster

PSN ID PSN ID : rhondatommy. Na, rhonda247. Jp,rgsinthehouse. Eu

Cash : 25340
    United States of America

Post by rhondatommy Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:58 pm

hum frist thing geo is in hot poo for hacking second he gots alot more people in trouble like everyone whos been on his sites third really what trouble could that cause well hacking the right systems can shut down banks government offices electric companies water companies towns and much more so ya hacking can be trouble if it just a game or other things it is a wrong thing to do but it is done daily and is very annoying when ur on home and u get hacked and get screwed up and have to reboot i hate that
    -=illuminati=-
    -=illuminati=-
    EN Cyborg
    EN Cyborg

Cash : 24582
    United States of America

Post by -=illuminati=- Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:07 pm

Well hacking a video game is completely different from hacking your computer. When you jailbrake your device, you are doing it at your own expense. If I hacked your computer, it's not at your expense and things go wrong and get annoying. So there are a lot of different ways to hacking.

Hacking for fun
    Hacking for personal gain
    Hacking to help a major vendor such as Microsoft (To report security holes.)
    rhondatommy
    rhondatommy
    EN Transformer
    EN Transformer

EN AwardListed Top Poster

PSN ID PSN ID : rhondatommy. Na, rhonda247. Jp,rgsinthehouse. Eu

Cash : 25340
    United States of America

Post by rhondatommy Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:34 pm

yeah but hacking in games is very annoying example was playing guitar hero on home right game frooze me and two friends back out cause we were only ones playing well beside us dude said above his headplaying his name wasnt on broad and game kept coming up unavaibke but no one was playing it dude was hacking game made it freeze and i hate that i have also lost money off my psn acct. wallet i had like 8bunks was offline for two days and when i got back on i had only 2 bucks i spent nothing and wasnt online so i was hacked and i was very mad so now qhen i get a card i use it all up in a matter of mins so i lose no more money

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:11 am