The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

4 posters

Rumor: No home button for iPad 2 and next iPhone?

Ben Wars
    Ben Wars
    EN Cyborg
    EN Cyborg

EN AwardTech News Reporter

Cash : 25059
    United States of America

Rumor: No home button for iPad 2 and next iPhone? Empty Rumor: No home button for iPad 2 and next iPhone?

Post by Ben Wars Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:23 am

Rumor: No home button for iPad 2 and next iPhone? IPhone-iPad-home-button_610x468

Will we soon be saying goodbye to the physical buttons on the iPad and iPhone?(Credit: Boy Genius Report)

Rumor has it that Steve Jobs didn't want any physical buttons on the original iPad. And, as we know, Steve Jobs tends to get what he wants--eventually anyway.
    Which brings us to the latest Apple rumor. This one's courtesy of the Boy Genius Report, which got tipped off that the iPad 2, widely expected to be released in April, will lose its home button in favor of multitouch gestures that are already being incorporated into Apple's upcoming iOS 4.3 update.
    The anonymous source told BGR that, "Apple, at some point in time, will remove the home button from the iPad's design. Instead of button taps, you will use new multitouch gestures to navigate to the home screen and also to launch the app switcher." The source also went on to note that this change will eventually make its way over to the iPhone and that Apple employees were already testing iPads and iPhones with no home buttons on the Apple campus, and it was possible we'd see this new change materialize Apple devices set to launch this year.
    Additionally, the tipster said Photo Booth, Apple's photo-taking application that ships with all Macs, would be available for the next iPad, which would mean (if you believe the rumor) that the new iPad would have a built-in camera. And finally, iLife apps for iOS might be unveiled as part of the iPad 2's release.
    As we do with all Apple rumors, we remind folks this is all speculation until proven otherwise. While I personally like the home button, any time you can do away with moving parts it tends to be a good idea from a durability perspective. Over the years, a lot of folks have complained to Apple (I've witnessed it at a Genius Bar) that their home button wasn't responding properly and I imagine ditching that button would help cut down on a certain percentage of customer service problems.
    However, you can't help but wonder whether deleting the home button is a good idea from a user experience standpoint. What do you guys think?

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20028516-1.html#ixzz1B1WHvSVR
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26108
    Japan

Rumor: No home button for iPad 2 and next iPhone? Empty Re: Rumor: No home button for iPad 2 and next iPhone?

Post by Vicky Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:18 pm

oh nice i may get ipad 2 then
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29209
    Puerto Rico

Rumor: No home button for iPad 2 and next iPhone? Empty Re: Rumor: No home button for iPad 2 and next iPhone?

Post by iRaz Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:40 pm

without the home buttons, the iphone looks weird, id like to get the iPad 2 on the next christmas, since i already have the iTouch 4
    Ben Wars
    Ben Wars
    EN Cyborg
    EN Cyborg

EN AwardTech News Reporter

Cash : 25059
    United States of America

Post by Ben Wars Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:41 pm

the ipad 2 is amazing! I should buy one...
    Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 28010
    Philippines

Post by Meesh Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:28 pm

I think they should keep a physical home button on the ipad-or some sort of reset button somewhere just in case the thing freezes up on you, or doesn't loses touch sensory where you need to go back. KEEP IT!
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26108
    Japan

Post by Vicky Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:22 pm

oh this is true maybe they keep it then or maybe fix frezzing that be nice

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 am