The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

+3
Vicky
SPADEZ
Meesh
7 posters

Cosmic Confusion with a 13th Astrological Sign Proposed- Ophiuchus

Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 28040
    Philippines

Cosmic Confusion with a 13th Astrological Sign Proposed- Ophiuchus Empty Cosmic Confusion with a 13th Astrological Sign Proposed- Ophiuchus

Post by Meesh Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:01 am

Cosmic Confusion with a 13th Astrological Sign Proposed- Ophiuchus Ophiuchus

Good Heavens! The Minnesota Planetarium Society has announced a thirteenth sign, Ophiuchus, should be added to the zodiac charts and it’s causing some cosmic confusion.

"He's always been there,” Theresa Peacock, local psychic and astrologer said. “Just because we now discovered him, what, we immediately label it a new sign? No."

The constellation Ophiuchus sits between Scorpius and Sagittarius. It’s causing an astrological abnormality for many people outside of the astrology and astronomy world.

"Technically, it is in the same plane as the other constellations in the Zodiac,” Adam Kremer, local astronomer said. “But it was never included in the zodiac sign. It's always been there, nothing has changed."

What has changed is the renewed interest in the celestial sign. The Minnesota Planetarium Society is calling for a thirteenth sign, which could signal a change for astrology. Instead of ruling for 28 days, some signs would rule for three weeks. In the case of Scorpio, it would rule for six days.

"If we want to add another sign, we're gonna have to remap the way we do astrology,” Peacock said. “Because, we won't shorten one sign to six days, that's insane."

Peacock recommends research before any changes are made. And while it’s not set yet set in ink, Dale Clifford’s tattoo certainly is. Up until now, he was a Gemini, with a tattoo commemorating his parents’ memory. Under the amended astrological chart, he’s a Taurus and no bull; he says he’s not changing it.

"No, it's a tattoo,” Clifford said. “It’s permanent, so my forearm tells me I'm forever a Gemini, I don't care what the new zodiac scientists do."

He’s not the only one. Many folks come into tattoo joints like Ace’s Tattoo on South Virginia to show their affection for their astrological sign. While no one has come in wanting to wipe away their proof of their old sign, they welcome the new ones.

As Ophiuchus represents wisdom, healing and architecture, these tattoo artists are ready to architect new ink on these folks. The constellation is of a man fighting a serpent-like creature.

"We'll do that,” Johnny Maverick said. “But if anyone wants a new one, we'll totally do that with them; make it to the best of what they want."

So whether you are no longer a Libra or a Leo, or you just found out you are an Aries or Aquarius, don’t have an astrological identity crisis just yet.

"We have free will,” Peacock explained, “We all have a mind, we all have the ability to learn, so we can take this as the basis of the personality but it certainly does not encompass the entire personality."

Cosmic Confusion with a 13th Astrological Sign Proposed- Ophiuchus Ophiuchus2 Cosmic Confusion with a 13th Astrological Sign Proposed- Ophiuchus Ophiuchusflamsteedatlascoelestis1753small

Take a look at the Minnesota Planetarium Society's revised list of astrological signs:

Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16
    Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11
    Pisces: March 11-April 18
    Aries: April 18-May 13
    Taurus: May 13-June 21
    Gemini: June 21-July 20
    Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10
    Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16
    Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30
    Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23
    Scorpio: Nov. 23-Nov. 29
    Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17
    Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20

Source
    SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31265
    Puerto Rico

Cosmic Confusion with a 13th Astrological Sign Proposed- Ophiuchus Empty Re: Cosmic Confusion with a 13th Astrological Sign Proposed- Ophiuchus

Post by SPADEZ Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:36 am

! Conspiracy Alert !

Okay, so this is really interesting stuff here.. I had someone who is spiritual once tell me that 2012 is not the end but something will happen in heaven and something will cause a transition. He also told me of another zodiac coming in. He told me this in 2009 and now the information on the internet is surfacing.. o_O.. If thats not weird enough.. According to the bible, Armageddon (The end of the world) will be decided from a fight between Archangel Saint Michael and Lucifer himself. It also says something about the returning serpent or the coming of the serpent/dragon. Now obviously this is not to be taken literal... However, now look.. As we move closer to 2012 we find ourselves greeting a new zodiac sign THAT REPRESENTS A SERPENT!

So if you're reading this you're probably freaking out a little bit.. Well it gets weird.. I have an app on my iPod Touch called "Voice Plus" and it allows you to do different effects with your voice. One of them allows you reverse your words, saying what you record backwards. I used this app to say the new zodiacs name "Ophiuchus" and oddly enough.. His name backwards sounds like "Sake me fa" which could mean "Forsake me father"... I kid you not... Say his name on any recording software you have and if possible, reverse it to hear it backwards and you will hear the same thing.. This also sounds like something evil or negative.. just doesn't sit well with me..
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26138
    Japan

Cosmic Confusion with a 13th Astrological Sign Proposed- Ophiuchus Empty Re: Cosmic Confusion with a 13th Astrological Sign Proposed- Ophiuchus

Post by Vicky Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:10 pm

if world ends i be with my keg of beer some acid and some e and weed watching it go down in flames there nohting can do about the world ending so live life like everyday your last day dont out thing off until tomorrow
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29239
    Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:47 pm

O_O this is freaky, i hate reality, i preffer to be in my world than knowing whats happening with the world.
    cynella
    cynella
    Gazette member
    Gazette member

PSN ID PSN ID : cynella

Cash : 24990
    United States of America

Post by cynella Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:16 pm

Hmm, interesting feedback Spadez. Another interesting tidbit. I was a Sagitarius now im this new sign, that is full of Satanic symbols. One more reaon not to read horoscopes, unless you remember they are all for fun.
    Ben Wars
    Ben Wars
    EN Cyborg
    EN Cyborg

EN AwardTech News Reporter

Cash : 25089
    United States of America

Post by Ben Wars Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:07 pm

The New Dates:

Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16
    Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11
    Pisces: March 11- April 18
    Aries: April 18 - May 13
    Taurus: May 13 - June 21
    Gemini: June 21 - July 20
    Cancer: July 20 - Aug. 10
    Leo: Aug. 10 - Sept. 16
    Virgo: Sept. 16 - Oct. 30
    Libra: Oct. 30 - Nov. 23
    Scorpio: Nov. 23 - Nov. 29
    Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 - Dec. 17
    Sagittarius: Dec. 17 - Jan. 20

O_O

Last edited by Ben Wars on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:11 pm

Ben Wars wrote:The New Dates:

Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16
    Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11
    Pisces: March 11- April 18
    Aries: April 18 - May 13
    Taurus: May 13 - June 21
    Gemini: June 21 - July 20
    Cancer: July 20 - Aug. 10
    Leo: Aug. 10 - Sept. 16
    Virgo: Sept. 16 - Oct. 30
    Libra: Oct. 30 - Nov. 23
    Scorpio: Nov. 23 - Nov. 29
    Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 - Dec. 17
    Sagittarius: Dec. 17 - Jan. 20
    that means i am that diabolic sign now? T_T
    Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

Philippines

Post by Meesh Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Nope, not having it! No offense to Tauruses but I enjoy being a Gemini! Word on the tweet street is that it's effective after those born after 2009. Horoscopes of course are all in fun, but I truly believe in our personality descriptions when it comes to the Zodiac. Interesting and fairly accurate.

Geminis wrote:
    THE Zodiacal Sign of Gemini - The Twins commence on May 21st, but for seven days it does not come into its full power until on or about May 28th.

From this date onwards it is in full strength until June 20th, and is then for seven days gradually losing strength on account of becoming overlapped by the "cusp" of the incoming sign -Cancer.

The people who were born in this period are widely known for their dual personalities and ability to change mood from moment to moment. Although they hate to be tied down, they make lively entertaining and romantic partners, even if they can be rather fickle if bored or unhappy.

The twin sides of their nature are perpetually pulling in opposite directions. Their brains are subtle and brilliant but they usually "lack continuity of purpose".

Of all people they are the most difficult to understand; in temperament they are hot and cold almost at the same moment. They love with one side of their nature and they are often critical or dislike with the other people. Their sharp wit and excellent powers of observation make them a good raconteur, although they have a tendency to exaggerate which can cause trouble with their relationships.

Such people are usually excellent in diplomacy and dazzle their listeners by their wit and brilliancy, but they usually leave them no wiser than they were at the start.

It is difficult even for them to understand what they want to achieve. At heart they are ambitious for social position; but when obtained they have already tired of it, and are ready to go in for something else or for something totally opposite. Being natural communicators these people do not suffer fools gladly; so once they are attracted to people, they have to ensure that they are not dull or mundane. They will no doubt spend ages chatting to anyone about every subject under the sun, just to keep feeding their ever active and inquisitive mind.

If taken as they are, in their own moods, they are the most delightful people imaginable, but one must not attempt to hold them or to expect them to be constant to their ideas or plans.

They believe they are truthful, constant, faithful, and so they may be at the moment, but every moment to them has a separate existence.

These people have an ability to see quickly the weak points in those they meet and can reduce all to nothing by wit, sarcasm, or mimicry.

Almost all of them are great talkers and usually very much in demand socially because they are so entertaining. Gemini is the life of the party.

They often succeed the best, as far as money is concerned, but their more suitable career is generally that which requires diplomacy, tact, and finesse. The representatives of lower types are unscrupulous in finance and untruthful. They often make successful gamblers and company promoters of "get-rich-quick" schemes.

Either type make hosts of friends and are kind-hearted and generous to the person who fills their thoughts at the moment, but "out of sight, out of mind" explains their fits of "forgetfulness" as nothing else can.

In all matters of affection they are human puzzles. They can love passionately and yet be inconstant at the same moment, and it is only their shield of diplomacy and exquisite tact that keeps them from often making a mess of their lives.

Source

Cosmic Confusion with a 13th Astrological Sign Proposed- Ophiuchus 28145 **and btw, my birthday is May 28th! (" does not come into its full power until on or about May 28th")

Last edited by Meesh on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ben Wars
    Ben Wars
    EN Cyborg
    EN Cyborg

EN AwardTech News Reporter

Cash : 25089
    United States of America

Cosmic Confusion with a 13th Astrological Sign Proposed- Ophiuchus Empty No, your zodiac sign hasn't changed!

Post by Ben Wars Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:24 pm

Tattoo parlor owners must be salivating. An assertion in a Minneapolis Star Tribune article that our understanding of the zodiac is off by about a month - and that therefore people have been identifying themselves with the wrong sign - caught fire on the internet Thursday, and many folks are in an absolute panic on social media.

"If my zodiac symbol has been changed to a Libra, what am I supposed to do with my Scorpio tattoo?!?!," read one tweet Thursday.

Some vowed to get their tats removed. Others groaned about losing the sign with which they’ve identified themselves for years. The zodiac and related terms - including Ophiuchus, said to be a 13th and neglected sign - were trending Twitter topics much of Thursday.

But before astrology fans scrape the ink from their arms because they think they're now a Virgo instead of a Libra, they should consider this: If they adhered to the tropical zodiac - which, if they're a Westerner, they probably did – absolutely nothing has changed for them.

That's worth rephrasing: If you considered yourself a Cancer under the tropical zodiac last week, you're still a Cancer under the same zodiac this week.

hat's because the tropical zodiac – which is fixed to seasons, and which Western astrology adheres to – differs from the sidereal zodiac – which is fixed to constellations and is followed more in the East, and is the type of zodiac to which the Star Tribune article ultimately refers.

Two zodiacs. That's nothing new.

"This story is born periodically as if someone has discovered some truth. It's not news," said Jeff Jawer, astrologer with Tarot.com.

The hubbub started with Sunday's Star Tribune article, which said the following: "The ancient Babylonians based zodiac signs on the constellation the sun was 'in' on the day a person was born. During the ensuing millenniums, the moon’s gravitational pull has made the Earth 'wobble' around its axis, creating about a one-month bump in the stars' alignment."

"When [astrologers] say that the sun is in Pisces, it’s really not in Pisces," Parke Kunkle, a board member of the Minnesota Planetarium Society, told the Star Tribune.

"Indeed," the article continued, "most horoscope readers who consider themselves Pisces are actually Aquarians." The article also asserts Scorpio's window lasts only seven days, and that a 13th constellation, Ophiuchus, used to be counted between Scorpio and Sagittarius but was discarded by the Babylonians because they wanted 12 signs per year.

True enough, Jawer says, the sun doesn't align with constellations at the same time of year that it did millennia ago. But that’s irrelevant for the tropical zodiac, codified for Western astrology by Ptolemy in the second century, he says.

In the tropical zodiac, the start of Aries is fixed to one equinox, and Libra the other.

"When we look at the astrology used in the Western world, the seasonally based astrology has not changed, was never oriented to the constellations, and stands as … has been stated for two millenniums," Jawer said.

People who put stock in astrology can ask whether they should adhere to the tropical zodiac or the sidereal zodiac. Jawer argues for the tropical.

"Astrology is geocentric. It relates life on Earth to the Earth’s environment, and seasons are the most dramatic effect, which is why we use the tropical zodiac," he said.

source
    SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31265
    Puerto Rico

Post by SPADEZ Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:29 pm

I'm still Aquarius Smile
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:55 pm

btw, did you guys see that thing flying in the sky? like some minutes ago?
    Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

Philippines

Post by Meesh Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:07 pm

Hopefully the people that have branded themselves with their zodiac signs don't run into a panic thinking they have to cover it up or get it removed. If I had a tat of my zodiac sign I'd keep it because that's who I am. (I do plan on getting one representing my sign xD) But during a LATE night conversation after posting the original post, Spadez mentioned the conspiracy of Zodiac descriptions and horoscopes and how it might affect people who believe in that kind of stuff. Our personalities that go along with the descriptions of our zodiacs is questionable in a sense that, do we act and think the way we do all because we are influenced by the common personality traits as described by that specific zodiac?

There are many different descriptions for every sign, and most of them are similar. Which one truly applies to you? The one where you agree with most of the traits listed as you sit and nod your head while analyzing your own personality? The one that lists traits you never knew about yourself that you're capable of having?-which in turn, you start to believe and make decisions throughout your life by it and go about your days because that's what it says?

It's like a form of conditioning to human kind from what we hear or read about our personalities. It's what we think about after knowing that's what makes us compatible with other signs. Or what about the people that aren't into astrology? They just know what zodiac sign they are. And for someone who is knowledgeable with the personality traits of the zodiac, who can point out the qualities of that person, it always seems like it's accurate doesn't it?

I personally don't know too much about the zodiac-as far as what some of the traits are, unless I read up on it of course. I just want to know how far back it goes, and how they went about constituting personality traits for each zodiac. What is it based on?

hmm..guess I'll have to call Miss Cleo for some answers ;x

Call meh now bumbaclot!

Cosmic Confusion with a 13th Astrological Sign Proposed- Ophiuchus Miss-cleo
    brendanini
    brendanini
    EN Test Subject
    EN Test Subject

PSN ID PSN ID : brendanini

Cash : 24987
    Mexico

Post by brendanini Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:49 am

I wanna stay a Capricorn!!! Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:50 pm