The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

+4
PyroPhoenix
SPADEZ
Vicky
Meesh
8 posters

Playstation Home Core Client Update v1.4 & VOICE CHAT

Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 28020
    Philippines

Playstation Home Core Client Update v1.4 & VOICE CHAT Empty Playstation Home Core Client Update v1.4 & VOICE CHAT

Post by Meesh Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:58 pm

PlayStation Home Updates Core Client to Version 1.4

Hey everyone!

Great news: On Thursday, November 11th, PlayStation Home will update to version 1.4. This update to the core client will have an enormous impact on users and developers alike, as it is literally jam-packed with new and revised features. A full list of these features will be posted next week, but before the weekend hits I wanted to hop in here and give you all a sneak peek at some of the exciting new features that will be coming with this update.

Playstation Home Core Client Update v1.4 & VOICE CHAT Home_l10

Grouping and Voice Chat
    That’s right – voice chat is coming back! With version 1.4 you will be able to form a “Group” with up to 8 people and chat with one another in both public and personal spaces. The best part is that these groups will have dedicated voice and text chat channels that allow you to speak to members of your group regardless of where each of you may be located in-world! New voice and chat channels will also be made available for clubs, making communication with other members of your club much easier.

Wardrobe Improvements
    Alongside improved voice chat, many of you have asked for additional inventory/wardrobe management features. Our development team has taken your requests very seriously and have instituted sweeping improvements, including:

* You will now have the ability to mark items as “Favorites” – making commonly-used items much easier to relocate.
    * Newly-acquired items (along with categories that contain new items) will be marked accordingly.
    * Options for filtering and sorting items have been added, giving you greater control over which items you see and how they are displayed.

There is also a new “Storage” section that will be added to your wardrobe so you can store away items that you do not regularly use. For those with a lot of items in their wardrobe, placing items into storage will result in your wardrobe loading faster, and will make it easier for you to browse your main wardrobe. This system is very flexible and allows you to quickly restore items to your main wardrobe when you need them.

While these are some of the most important changes associated with version 1.4, this does not represent the entire scope of the update. Trust me – we have tons of cool stuff in store for you next week Wink Stay tuned to this blog for a more in-depth list of all the awesome features and improvements coming your way next Thursday.

See you in Home!

PS Blog
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26118
    Japan

Playstation Home Core Client Update v1.4 & VOICE CHAT Empty Re: Playstation Home Core Client Update v1.4 & VOICE CHAT

Post by Vicky Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:53 pm

sweet finally now i have fix all my warbode for all regoin when this comes
    SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31245
    Puerto Rico

Playstation Home Core Client Update v1.4 & VOICE CHAT Empty Re: Playstation Home Core Client Update v1.4 & VOICE CHAT

Post by SPADEZ Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:13 am

cool but no extra save slots? >_>
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

PSN ID PSN ID : PyroPhoenix

Cash : 25983
    United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:39 am

Everything I wanted they finally made happen.
    Veronica_X
    Veronica_X
    EN Activated
    EN Activated

Cash : 24812
    United States of America

Post by Veronica_X Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:33 pm

i really need to get this ps3 thing. im lost lol
    Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

Philippines

Post by Meesh Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:09 pm

We'll just have to wait and see till the actual core update for what they actually come out with. Who knows, some of the stuff listed might not even come out during that same update, but just listed as something they'd like to have updated in the future. But yeah, I hope the main focus is in the wardrobe. And the group public/private chat is pretty cool. Now we'll see groups of people standing around without any text because we know they're talkin' smack on mic!
    SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

Puerto Rico

Post by SPADEZ Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:21 pm

I had suggested that on the forums a long time ago (July 6th 2009), for home to create conference calling Click Here to see the topic.

I'm glad to see they've finally decided to add it! We'll just have to see how it pans out and if its anything like what I suggested so long ago. In any case I really hope this core update focuses on the wardrobe overall. I hate the way the wardrobe is now and would ultimately need more save slots for all the avatars I make!!
    SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

Puerto Rico

Post by SPADEZ Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:49 pm

Playstation Home Core Client Update v1.4 & VOICE CHAT 2d9dawjPlaystation Home Core Client Update v1.4 & VOICE CHAT 2cwosv8Playstation Home Core Client Update v1.4 & VOICE CHAT 2ppbn6ePlaystation Home Core Client Update v1.4 & VOICE CHAT N2lsgpPlaystation Home Core Client Update v1.4 & VOICE CHAT 9gexab
    Titan
    Titan
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

PSN ID PSN ID : ADAMPwns

Cash : 24802
    United States of America

Post by Titan Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:00 pm

Amazing.. I'm not too happy about the new design of the PDA, though.
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29219
    Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:05 pm

this is awesome, i will only need an hour tho to see what is new because i will be addicted to black ops. DANG so much good stuff to look foward these days!
    Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

Philippines

Post by Meesh Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:41 am

OoO I'm anxious to see the update! And cool..we have..a..lizard..for a pet..I was hoping to get a little pooch that happily wags his tail as he follows, buuuut I'll settle for a lizard for now lol. Better than nothin!
    SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

Puerto Rico

Playstation Home Core Client Update v1.4 & VOICE CHAT Empty PS Home 1.4 Update Notes

Post by SPADEZ Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:46 pm

Check out the 1.4 update notes! *Click Enlarge this image*

Playstation Home Core Client Update v1.4 & VOICE CHAT Image210
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:35 pm

thanks for the find spade, it is on my highlights list for this thursday( ill have no classes) so yeah! a little of time for home to check out the great new update, then spend the rest of the day boosting my black ops online level!
    Titan
    Titan
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

United States of America

Post by Titan Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:36 pm

Wow, that list of updates is quite comprehensive! I expect a few bugs, but I'm sure it will be well worth it. Majority of this has been requested for a couple years now.
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:43 pm

Titan wrote:Wow, that list of updates is quite comprehensive! I expect a few bugs, but I'm sure it will be well worth it. Majority of this has been requested for a couple years now.
    a couple of years? doubt it, home has only been online for 1 year and 11 months already, i guess that the term ''a long time ago'' sounds better. but yes, you are right, i am with you.
    Titan
    Titan
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

United States of America

Post by Titan Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:38 am

RazorX wrote:
    Titan wrote:Wow, that list of updates is quite comprehensive! I expect a few bugs, but I'm sure it will be well worth it. Majority of this has been requested for a couple years now.
    a couple of years? doubt it, home has only been online for 1 year and 11 months already, i guess that the term ''a long time ago'' sounds better. but yes, you are right, i am with you.

Open beta will be two years this December, yes, however there was extensive closed beta testing prior to that. Several of the features listed there have been requested since then.
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:33 pm

home been since 2007 about 3 years now
    SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

Puerto Rico

Post by SPADEZ Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:39 pm

Hello EN members!

Feel free to give your thoughts and opinions on this update when you explore PS Home today! I'm off to work so I'll see who had to say what about this update when I get home. =]
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:16 pm

still waiting for home to come up by time get back from work hopely it be up before then
    Elite_Shadow_MB
    Elite_Shadow_MB
    Elite Shadow Member
    Elite Shadow Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Elite_Shadow_MB

Cash : 25421
    United States of America

Post by Elite_Shadow_MB Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:01 am

yea, they wiped all of our saves out in the wardrobe. thats one way of cleaning it up. :-(
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:06 am

indeed no more merge avatar oh well
    Titan
    Titan
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

United States of America

Post by Titan Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:28 am

They didn't wipe your saves. If you saved over them then you goofed. Even though they show as blank, they are still there. Just load them and save them again, it'll fix that.
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:38 am

oh damn thanks for the tip swoot Very Happy
    SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

Puerto Rico

Post by SPADEZ Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:21 am

Titan wrote:They didn't wipe your saves. If you saved over them then you goofed. Even though they show as blank, they are still there. Just load them and save them again, it'll fix that.
    Thanks for that post Titan, I was just going to type that too until I saw you said it already.

My opinions on this update are 50/50. I like the grouping in the wardrobe, I hate how we still don't have no extra saved slots. The new chatting system is a bit confusing at first and the white text reminds me of home back in the day.. its a bit annoying after getting use to the color fonts. However that might bring back the possibility of the grey/black color for your PSN ID name on Home!
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:35 am

SPADEZ wrote:
    Titan wrote:They didn't wipe your saves. If you saved over them then you goofed. Even though they show as blank, they are still there. Just load them and save them again, it'll fix that.
    Thanks for that post Titan, I was just going to type that too until I saw you said it already.

My opinions on this update are 50/50. I like the grouping in the wardrobe, I hate how we still don't have no extra saved slots. The new chatting system is a bit confusing at first and the white text reminds me of home back in the day.. its a bit annoying after getting use to the color fonts. However that might bring back the possibility of the grey/black color for your PSN ID name on Home!
    -True, i would love to get my black id color again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:52 am