The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

3 posters

Playstation Plus Detailed

RenegadeFred
    RenegadeFred
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

Cash : 25655
    United States of America

Sticky Playstation Plus Detailed

Post by RenegadeFred Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:40 am

So what's the real deal about Sony's upcoming paid-for PlayStation Network service, the PlayStation Plus? Well according to Susan Panico, Sr. Director of the PlayStation Network, the new subscription service will "live on top of the current PlayStation Network offerings", meaning the PSN itself will not change and will remain free while premium subscribers will gain access to exclusive features and contents to further enhance their gaming experience.

"When you subscribe to PlayStation Plus, you’ll get free games and DLC (pretty sweet), frequent discounts on PlayStation Store, early invitations to select betas of popular games, and free monthly episodes of Qore – our high-definition, interactive gaming lifestyle show. You’ll also enjoy new functionality such as Full Game Trial where you can “try before you buy” – play a Blu-ray or PSN game for up to one hour and then you can buy the game, download it and keep your progress and trophies. Another cool feature is Automatic Downloads that will push select demos, game related videos, patches and firmware updates to your PS3 so you don’t have to think about it. Total it up and you’ll get hundreds of dollars of value through the year with exclusive digital content from both our World Wide Studios Group and our publishing partners. And every month we’ll be adding new content and continually adding new features, making PlayStation Plus an incredible value, time saver and ticket to front-of-the-line access."

"At launch, PlayStation Plus will offer subscribers the full PlayStation Network game, WipEout HD, full game trial of inFAMOUS, PSP minis and PS One Classics such as Fieldrunners, Age of Zombies and Rally Cross, as well as premium avatars, themes and DLC levels and map packs. Additionally, subscribers will always have access to their virtual library of free games for as long as they keep their PlayStation Plus subscription. In all, subscribers will get an unprecedented amount of value, access and convenience and, in the first month alone, will receive more than $50 worth of content."

As for the pricing, PlayStation Plus will be available for a yearly fee of US$ 49.99 or US$ 17.99 for three months. But to hype up the new service, Sony is offering three free bonus months for early subscribers. PlayStation Plus will go live on June 29.

-provided by ps3.qj.net- Original Source Click Here

It seems since most of us actually buy Qore. It's only another $25 for a year subscription to get premium games and a try before you buy feature. Which would be great for me, since I hate to buy games I know i'll never play. On top of that 3 months free for early subscriptions. Well I might opt for the 3 months (get six months out of it) and then if I like it, i'll opt for the full year after that. $17 bucks for 6 months to start isn't bad at all.

What do you guys think, something good or just a waste of cash? I guess it's all up to you to decide
    rUcov
    rUcov
    EN Activated
    EN Activated

PSN ID PSN ID : rucovered

Cash : 25573
    United States of America

Sticky Re: Playstation Plus Detailed

Post by rUcov Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:22 am

This Plus plan sounds really neat. I have heard about it and thinking about getting Playstation Plus Detailed 63846
    SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31260
    Puerto Rico

Post by SPADEZ Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:54 pm

I was a bit skeptical about this at first... When I heard about it it sounded more like a PSN version of Qore. However the whole idea of the free games, betas, themes, etc... is what has me motivated to subscribe!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 5:37 pm