The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

+3
rUcov
RenegadeFred
SPADEZ
7 posters

3D HDTV without glasses? Hitachi has a prototype display for that.

SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31235
    Puerto Rico

3D HDTV without glasses? Hitachi has a prototype display for that. Empty 3D HDTV without glasses? Hitachi has a prototype display for that.

Post by SPADEZ Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:58 am

If we’re going to have to put up with 3D being the next big thing in HDTVs, the least we can hope for is that we’re not stuck wearing those plastic glasses on our sofas for the next 50 years. While that’s exactly what Panasonic and other 3D proponents are pushing with their new sets and services, there are a few promising signs that 3D will be possible without donning special specs.

Hitachi is at work on a glasses-free solution, and recently displayed a 10-inch version at the CEATEC trade show in Japan. The Full Parallax 3D TV uses 16 projectors with 800×600 resolution and a special lens array sheet to create the perception of depth without special eye wear, though the display currently tops at a meager 640×480 (VGA) resolution. The low resolution is the result of having to provide multiple viewpoints of the image—the good news is that it permits viewing from any angle. In the future, the plan is to combine in one set to create a 4k image (which is roughly twice four times the resolution of 1080p HD).

Of course, the bad news is that there’s no time line for when the company can produce a set that’s bigger than a netbook display. On the other hand, I’m confident plenty of people will be waiting for a glasses-free option before getting excited about 3D on their HDTV.
    SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31235
    Puerto Rico

3D HDTV without glasses? Hitachi has a prototype display for that. Empty Re: 3D HDTV without glasses? Hitachi has a prototype display for that.

Post by SPADEZ Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:00 am

RenegadeFred
    RenegadeFred
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

Cash : 25630
    United States of America

3D HDTV without glasses? Hitachi has a prototype display for that. Empty Re: 3D HDTV without glasses? Hitachi has a prototype display for that.

Post by RenegadeFred Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:46 am

That's gotta cost a pretty penny.. No way in hell would i be able to afford that. 3D may be the next step but damn I still have 3 or so SD TV's in the house that I use and my HDTV is for my ps3. I'm in no rush at all to get into that tech yet.
    rUcov
    rUcov
    EN Activated
    EN Activated

PSN ID PSN ID : rucovered

Cash : 25548
    United States of America

Post by rUcov Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:01 pm

Yeah i seen em in Best Buy for like 3 or 4k. No way im getting that until they come down on pricing. Is it really worth the money? How much does it really inhance your viewing capability? Looks cool, but there is only so much a tv can do for me. Its just a tv :P
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29209
    Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:11 am

amazing, this is what i call...futuristic! 3D HDTV without glasses? Hitachi has a prototype display for that. Icon_biggrin i always wanted to see 3d without plastic shades since i have glasses, and it bothers a little, whats coming next? a 4d tv? lol nahhh thats imposible!
    CruciA
    CruciA
    EN Artist
    EN Artist

EN Award#1 EN Artist

EN Award 2Listed Top Poster

PSN ID PSN ID : CruciA

Cash : 26983
    United States of America

Post by CruciA Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:35 am

I wouldn't get one of those. As good as it may look it's freaking bad as hell for your eyes. When the fuck are they coming out with smell-o-vision?
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:07 pm

AnimAfluX wrote:I wouldn't get one of those. As good as it may look it's freaking bad as hell for your eyes. When the fuck are they coming out with smell-o-vision?
    lol i think its the same as a LED or a LCD, but with a cool effect, i dont know why you say it will be bad for the eyes.
    CruciA
    CruciA
    EN Artist
    EN Artist

EN Award#1 EN Artist

United States of America

Post by CruciA Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:24 pm

RazorX wrote:
    AnimAfluX wrote:I wouldn't get one of those. As good as it may look it's freaking bad as hell for your eyes. When the fuck are they coming out with smell-o-vision?
    lol i think its the same as a LED or a LCD, but with a cool effect, i dont know why you say it will be bad for the eyes.
    It is really HD LCD is bad enough...when bright it puts some strain to the eye
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:40 pm

AnimAfluX wrote:
    RazorX wrote:
    ughhh...so im screwed? i am all day in front of my LCD playing ps3 3D HDTV without glasses? Hitachi has a prototype display for that. Icon_sad
    CruciA
    CruciA
    EN Artist
    EN Artist

EN Award#1 EN Artist

United States of America

Post by CruciA Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:12 pm

RazorX wrote:
    AnimAfluX wrote:
    RazorX wrote:
    ughhh...so im screwed? i am all day in front of my LCD playing ps3 3D HDTV without glasses? Hitachi has a prototype display for that. Icon_sad
    Depends on the brightness of the backlight...its always good to turn it down low to save energy and save your eyes lol
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:17 am

AnimAfluX wrote:
    RazorX wrote:
    AnimAfluX wrote:
    RazorX wrote:
    Depends on the brightness of the backlight...its always good to turn it down low to save energy and save your eyes lol
    to late for me,lol , every year i need new glasses... >.>
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26108
    Japan

Post by Vicky Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:30 am

i see a 3d tv i really like it with the glasses on so awesome like you an touch it really Very Happy
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:33 pm

MaynardIsGod wrote:i see a 3d tv i really like it with the glasses on so awesome like you an touch it really Very Happy
    better than the theather? lol
    AlecV94
    AlecV94
    EN Activated
    EN Activated

PSN ID PSN ID : AlecV94

Cash : 25378
    Canada

3D HDTV without glasses? Hitachi has a prototype display for that. Empty oh wow

Post by AlecV94 Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:47 am

SPADEZ wrote:
    Im not even sure if i will get a 3D TV , lol it is alot of money but it is still Early you know , there always time , i will go look up some more info on it.
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:59 am

AlecV94 wrote:
    SPADEZ wrote:
    Im not even sure if i will get a 3D TV , lol it is alot of money but it is still Early you know , there always time , i will go look up some more info on it.
    i would suggest that you wait till the 3d tvs with no glasses hit the stores. 3D HDTV without glasses? Hitachi has a prototype display for that. Icon_smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:04 pm