The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

3 posters

Sony blocking 3rd party USB peripherals with firmware 3.50

CrYpT-Weed204
    CrYpT-Weed204
    EN Test Subject
    EN Test Subject

PSN ID PSN ID : CrYpT-Weed204

Cash : 25445
    Canada

Sony blocking 3rd party USB peripherals with firmware 3.50 Empty Sony blocking 3rd party USB peripherals with firmware 3.50

Post by CrYpT-Weed204 Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:22 am

Now this is a very interesting case, according to the reports at the Playstation 3 forums, it seems Sony has blocked “75% of 3rd Party USB” peripherals with their latest firmware update. Yep, that means anything not licensed by Sony can be disabled via USB, which unfortunately includes many 3rd party controllers (such as the PS3 MadCatZ controller).
    A surprising and poor move by Sony. Even more of a reason to not update. Information from Sony about Counterfeit controllers which was posted a few days ago:
    “Counterfeit PlayStation®3 Wireless Controllers, which are practically identical in appearance to genuine PlayStation®3 Wireless Controllers, have been discovered in the market. SCEA advises consumers to be cautious when buying PlayStation®3 Wireless Controllers from uncertain sources as the quality, reliability and safety of counterfeit products is uncertain, and in some cases, may be dangerous. It is possible that some counterfeit product may ignite or explode, resulting in injury or damage to the user, your PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, or other property. Moreover, SCEA does not support continued functionality of counterfeit or unlicensed controllers in system software updates and these devices may cease to function in the future because of system software updates.”Let us know, if you have updated, of 3rd party USB devices you have found not working
    SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31350
    Puerto Rico

Sony blocking 3rd party USB peripherals with firmware 3.50 Empty Re: Sony blocking 3rd party USB peripherals with firmware 3.50

Post by SPADEZ Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:05 pm

smh... i guess sony doesnt know what else to do about jailbreak usb so they prevented it even further by disabling USBs... oddly enough, i tried to back up my ps3 with an old 80GB external i had and my ps3 wasnt even detecting it.. o_O
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29324
    Puerto Rico

Sony blocking 3rd party USB peripherals with firmware 3.50 Empty Re: Sony blocking 3rd party USB peripherals with firmware 3.50

Post by iRaz Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:39 am

so first they block the cheaper controllers(generics) and now they want to block the USBs? how the F... am i supossed to transfer my media to the ps3 or to get stuff ffrom my ps3? damn them, they are not making good dessisions lately

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:15 am