The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

4 posters

Dark Souls Rage Quit with style

PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

PSN ID PSN ID : PyroPhoenix

Cash : 26088
    United States of America

Dark Souls Rage Quit with style Empty Dark Souls Rage Quit with style

Post by PyroPhoenix Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:44 pm

Joystiq's Justin McElroy's musical tribute to Dark Souls difficulty.

I don't think Justin found the 2nd bonfire or opened the large door. I just passed Anor Londo lolz. So I was alive in Anor Londo and I decided to let some other players join me. But before I got back to the starting area to recruit new players a dark phantom invaded my server. I looked around for him but he was hiding like a bitch.

So I invited 2 players to join me, 1 with a large katana, and the other was a priestess girl. Since the game doesn't have a chat feature I couldn't say like, "Watch out guys there's a PK in the area". So we're going to the large doors where the boss is and out of nowhere the dark phantom rogue backstabs the priestess killing her. The warrior was fighting the rogue who kept running while I was throwing fireballs until he died.

We get to the boss which I easily kill with great combustion. Then for the 2nd boss I watch as the warrior "tries" to kill the boss. I throw 4 chaos fireballs which do massive damage with my +20 pyro glove. He was a good distraction though, I applaud his courage. At the end of Anor Londo you meet the sun princess who's a giant with giant bewbs. So that wraps up my day in Dark Souls.
    RenegadeFred
    RenegadeFred
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

Cash : 25745
    United States of America

Dark Souls Rage Quit with style Empty Re: Dark Souls Rage Quit with style

Post by RenegadeFred Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:10 am

I've sat and watched my bro's play Demon Souls and now Dark Souls for hours on end... I even have pictures of them setting up a makeshift game lounge so they can communicate back and forth personally to find each other to summon them. I haven't personally played either game, but the whole "invade" deal seems like shit to me.

Now I'm being told that the servers are separated making it even harder to have your FRIENDS join you on your quest. Sounds like a big mistake on the developers part.

Well I'm about to embark my own quest and play Demon Souls for the first time.. Doubt I'll have anyone really invade unless there's a few assholes that still like to be a pain and stick to the older games.
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:03 pm

RenegadeFred wrote:I've sat and watched my bro's play Demon Souls and now Dark Souls for hours on end... I even have pictures of them setting up a makeshift game lounge so they can communicate back and forth personally to find each other to summon them. I haven't personally played either game, but the whole "invade" deal seems like shit to me.

Now I'm being told that the servers are separated making it even harder to have your FRIENDS join you on your quest. Sounds like a big mistake on the developers part.

Well I'm about to embark my own quest and play Demon Souls for the first time.. Doubt I'll have anyone really invade unless there's a few assholes that still like to be a pain and stick to the older games.
    I personally like the invade feature. It brings back the PK days in MMO's. A player's whole purpose is to try and kill you. It makes the game harder by adding in an unknown element to single-player, the enemy player. It's not without risk for the invading player, if he dies he loses a soul level.

I have a pure mage on demon's souls. I'm level 150+, 99 magic, I also have every artifact that boosts spell power. Dark Souls is way harder than Demon's souls if you're a mage. Also invading is much harder in Dark Souls since the invader cannot use any potions. Good luck on your quest in Demon's Souls, don't quit because the game is too hard. Play it through till the end, it's more rewarding that way.
    rhondatommy
    rhondatommy
    EN Transformer
    EN Transformer

EN AwardListed Top Poster

PSN ID PSN ID : rhondatommy. Na, rhonda247. Jp,rgsinthehouse. Eu

Cash : 25425
    United States of America

Post by rhondatommy Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:12 pm

Nice video like the song ...lol humm game sounds interesting ....
    RenegadeFred
    RenegadeFred
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

United States of America

Post by RenegadeFred Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:54 pm

Well being that it's Halloween time it's already hard enough as the worlds are pure black. Took me HOURS to figure out what to do. This game has no real sense of direction. It makes me want to use the glitch to get my soul level up just so I actually have a chance... I'm bored so I have nothing better to do i'll eventually get to finishing the game but hell until i get some kinda feel for it i'm just running around in circles.
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:00 am

I think Demon's Souls is very linear compared to Dark Souls. In Demon's Souls you start out at the Nexus, then you touch an archstone going to that world. You can go back to the Nexus at any point you want, eventually you'll learn the evacuation miracle that sends you back to the Nexus. Dark Souls on the other hand you have to run all over the place from bonfire to bonfire. Luckily you get a warp function so you don't have to run as much but you still need to run around a lot.

Pure black world tendency! That means that all the monsters will be harder, you'll get more souls and better loot drops. Normally you'll have to use like 7 ephemeral eyes and sacrifice yourself in the world you want to turn pure black. You need to use the eyes, then kill yourself basically 7 times. When you go back to the nexus and return to that world it will be pure black. If you leave the world online it becomes neutral and you would have to do that all over again.

In pure black tendency each world has special black phantoms and a primeval demon that drops a colorless demon's soul. The colorless demon's soul is very important as it upgrades unique weapons that cannot be upgrade through any other means. Use this all black world tendency to your advantage so you don't have to waste ephemeral eyes.

Don't glitch your soul level, online depends on what soul level you are. If you're higher or lower than other players you cannot play with them. Don't worry about invaders it just makes the game more fun. If you cannot play with other players then you'll never unlock the monk's head wrap, it's a very useful item as it gives a 30% magic damage bonus. If you do any glitch you should only do the merchant dupe glitch on your ephemeral eyes or rare resources to upgrade your weapons. Level up properly by playing the game. Cheating any game takes the fun out of it, that would make the game pointless.

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/
    RenegadeFred
    RenegadeFred
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

United States of America

Post by RenegadeFred Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:58 pm

Invaded twice, but most of the time I play offline and alone. Pure Black isn't "hard" but going from pure black to pure white is... Due to the Online making it all Pure Black (since I did log on) now i'm kinda shit out of luck till after halloween to pick up some of the items left behind in 3-1. I'm about done with the game besides trophies.. farming for those fuckin pure stones suck! The brightness needs to be adjusted majorly since it's so hard to find those stupid little lizards and by the time I do it's too late.

Wiki is more like a walkthrough.. not what I really want. I'll use it on my next playthru on New Game + to find the remaining items I passed up to get the trophies I need to plat. Game can seem very short if you know where to go, and what to do.. I can probably run thru New Game + and beat it within two days (not constantly playing). First playthru has taken me many hours.. (no walkthrough telling me where to go) so it's been kinda fun that way exploring every inch. The Final Boss in 4 really sucked and I found the sword AFTER I shot the damn thing with arrows.. Would of been nice to know ahead of time but i'll have it next game..

As far as Dark Souls goes... I've seen my buddies "run" thru place to place and it seems like seconds to do to get where you want... I'm sure it's longer then that but hell at least you can farm while your going from place to place...
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:07 pm

Nice! If you're dead in Demon's Souls you cannot be invaded. You can only be invaded when you're alive. The trick to making worlds pure white is after you beat a boss you go back to the nexus and suicide to become a ghost again. When your alive and die in a world it turns the tendency to black so suicide in the nexus.

Making the worlds pure white and black isn't hard, making your "character tendency" pure white from pure black takes at least 2 or 3 playthroughs after killing each of the 4 black phantoms on pure black world tendency. When I first played it I murdered all the NPC's before switching to NG+. Then later I found out that my character tendency was pure black... lol.

The storm boss in 4 was really easy for me, I just blasted him with soul rays. Magic makes the game way easier except you can't take a hit. That's okay though after you beat the game the game increases difficulty quite a bit. Your armor eventually becomes useless as any hit will fuck you up no matter what you're wearing in N++++. Armor is basically for resistances, like wearing the black leather armor in the poison swamp with the poison resistance ring.

You need to use a sword that has a downward swing on the lizards and wear the thief's ring. You get the drop on the lizards long enough to kill them. I sneak up really close and blast them with soul ray when they don't notice me. Dark souls is easier to kill the lizards, if they run away they respawn waiting to be killed unlike Demon's Souls where if they run away their chance is gone. They only have like 3 chances plus every boss you kill in that world gives them another life.

I do run everywhere in Dark Souls, also I have the warp that lets me go to bonfires far away. But you only get to warp to a few bonfires so you still have to do a lot of running. There's a lot of short cuts which makes it easier. I don't really farm when running from place to place, at my level it wouldn't matter I just use those souls to repair my sword.

I'm still in the forest hunters covenant which I think it's the best in the game for it's ability to summon you when wearing the cat's ring to kill anybody that enters the forest. It's a lot of fun, I wish I was a warrior though. Most real players dodge your fireballs and ranged spells. It's really tricky to get close enough to use great combustion also I got some hate mail for using firestorm. I think it's latent rage from the over powered firestorm in Demon's Souls. In Dark Souls you basically only get 1 good firestorm and it doesn't even do that much damage.
    RenegadeFred
    RenegadeFred
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

United States of America

Post by RenegadeFred Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:28 am

Well I've gotta ask as its known to be the biggest pain in the ass... Do you have the Pure Bladestone? If so would you be willing to hand it over? I'll setup a new profile and get it to whatever level needed. It's the only one my buddy is missing for his plat also. I don't really like doing things that way but it's the hardest one to get in the game. 1 in a 1,000 chance if your lucky.

Neither of my two buddies have it, or really care right now since there both on there second play-thru on Dark Souls.. so I'm kinda left in the dust...
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:03 am

Yes, I know how hard that stone is. My friend is willing to hand me a sword with pure blade stone on it which will give me the trophy when I reach level 170. I haven't been playing Demon's Souls in awhile, mostly Dark Souls and Battlefield 3 now. If he let's me keep the blade then I'll copy my info on PS+ to dupe it for my friends.
    RenegadeFred
    RenegadeFred
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

United States of America

Post by RenegadeFred Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:40 am

There should be a way for that to work.. I'm not positive on how the whole mechanics of it goes but two of you together one drops the item then exits to the xmb.. stopping it from auto-saving and him not losing the item.. Both end up with the item.

Tommy was sayin' something like that last night. Well for now I'll just work on my other trophies and maybe i'll sit and grind out the hell of going for that pure stone..
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:09 pm

I'm pretty sure the game auto saves every time you pick up an item. I'm not sure about dropping items. From Software has it's game with copy protection so you can't copy dupe normally. But with PS+ I can copy my game save onto Sony's online storage. Then after I give away the item I can download my save from the online storage again.
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26223
    Japan

Post by Vicky Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:25 pm

I anent Dark Souls been giving me some problems too wanted to break it in half more then once
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:42 pm

It's a hard game for hardcore gamers. You can tell right away what kind of game it is at the very start. Skilled players never get angry when they die, they just push forward and overcome the challenge ahead of them. I personally love these kinds of games, I don't want the game developer holding my hand like a child and making the game insanely easy. The games I grew up on you only had 3 lives. If you died you had to start all over from the beginning.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:35 pm