The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

5 posters

Bootleggers Is The First F2P FPS For PlayStation Home

iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29324
    Puerto Rico

Bootleggers Is The First F2P FPS For PlayStation Home Empty Bootleggers Is The First F2P FPS For PlayStation Home

Post by iRaz Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Bootleggers Is The First F2P FPS For PlayStation Home Bootleggers-Is-The-First-F2P-FPS-For-PlayStation-Home
    Very soon, Sony will launch a rather significant to its PlayStation Home social gaming platform, breaking up the interactive 3D space into a series of themed "districts" that offer more in the way of content than the service has so far. We learn today that a multiplayer-driven competitive first-person shooter will be part of the update's Action district, offering free-to-play fragging for one and all.

The game, called Bootleggers, is described as "rudimentary" by ShackNews, with players guiding their custom Home avatar around a bullet-riddled battlefield. Home director Jack Buser emphasized that the game is "not freemium," meaning you'll have full access to the same features that everyone else does.

The hope with that, and with other games like the Sports district's F2P poker game, is to increase the level of audience engagement. Sony's PlayStation 3 platform is frequently criticized for offering less of a social online gaming experience than its chief competitor. There's no doubt that, on some level at least, this expansive Home update is intended to address that.

Source
    bmarzke
    bmarzke
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

PSN ID PSN ID : bmarzke

Cash : 23384
    United States of America

Bootleggers Is The First F2P FPS For PlayStation Home Empty Re: Bootleggers Is The First F2P FPS For PlayStation Home

Post by bmarzke Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Finally, I CAN punish those who piss me off on home. lmao
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26223
    Japan

Bootleggers Is The First F2P FPS For PlayStation Home Empty Re: Bootleggers Is The First F2P FPS For PlayStation Home

Post by Vicky Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:07 pm

think this is a bad idea
    Strebeck
    Strebeck
    EN Android
    EN Android

Cash : 25213
    United States of America

Post by Strebeck Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:16 pm

Why would you think this was a bad idea?
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26223
    Japan

Post by Vicky Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:19 pm

Shooting other avatar in home Fams etc will take this to another level . Aslo you see how bad the lag is in spaces with simple games This complex so way more lag Just hope not in good space that i want to visit a lot
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

PSN ID PSN ID : PyroPhoenix

Cash : 26088
    United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:26 pm

Anything that adds more fun to home is a better idea. Home uses complex algorithms in latency to simulate the moan of a female avatar.
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29324
    Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:33 pm

PyroPhoenix wrote:Anything that adds more fun to home is a better idea. Home uses complex algorithms in latency to simulate the moan of a female avatar.
    I would enjoy killing fake female avatar who dress like w0hers.
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

PSN ID PSN ID : PyroPhoenix

Cash : 26088
    United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:24 pm

Just running around shooting with your home avatar is awesome enough. Shooting fake ass people is a BONUS! I hope the lag doesn't effect it that much, I hate shooters when they are laggy as shit. I can tell when I was playing cod4 way back in the days, I'd watch the kill cam as the guy ran around the corner, it was like 1 second latency. With homes latency I expect it to be around 2 seconds. If it's like socom/counterstrike style, I presume a lot of camping will be going on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:19 pm