The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

+4
SuperAPG1
ChristmasNiGHTS
Vicky
Meesh
8 posters

Sony confirms possible PSN identity theft, some service back within a week

Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 28090
    Philippines

Alert Sony confirms possible PSN identity theft, some service back within a week

Post by Meesh Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:10 pm

Sony confirms possible PSN identity theft, some service back within a week Psn-hacker

Just to be on the safe side, take precautionary measures to avoid being potentially 'hacked' by clearing and deleting any credit card info you may have on your accounts and change passwords. This is a big mess. Check out the article below:

It appears as if the situation behind the Playstation Network breach keeps getting worse and worse as Sony has now confirmed that the "external intrusion" that the gaming network suffered could have lead to personal and credit card information being stolen.

As Examiner reported earlier, an email is being sent to PSN subscribers to provide an update on the PSN outage. That email also posted on the PS Blog and includes a warning that, "we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state, zip), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained." (emphasis ours)

The email does say that there is currently no evidence that credit card information has been taken but that the company can't rule out the possibility. Because of this, Sony is suggesting PSN users to be vigilant with their email address and credit information going so far as to suggest that users review their accounts statements and monitor their credit reports.

We have also provided names and contact information for the three major U.S. credit bureaus below. At no charge, U.S. residents can have these credit bureaus place a “fraud alert” on your file that alerts creditors to take additional steps to verify your identity prior to granting credit in your name. This service can make it more difficult for someone to get credit in your name. Note, however, that because it tells creditors to follow certain procedures to protect you, it also may delay your ability to obtain credit while the agency verifies your identity. As soon as one credit bureau confirms your fraud alert, the others are notified to place fraud alerts on your file. Should you wish to place a fraud alert, or should you have any questions regarding your credit report, please contact any one of the agencies listed below.

Experian: 888-397-3742; www.experian.com; P.O. Box 9532, Allen, TX 75013
    Equifax: 800-525-6285; www.equifax.com; P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
    TransUnion: 800-680-7289; www.transunion.com; Fraud Victim Assistance Division, P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92834-6790

Sony also promised that some PSN and Qrocity services will be back up within a week. What the extent of those services will be is currently unclear.

We would also suggest changing your password to any non-PSN account that used the same password and email address.

It's disappointing that Sony is only now revealing that personal information may have been stolen because of the PSN "external intrusion." The question now though is "what did they know and when did they know it." Sony is going to have to answer that question if they plan on keeping customers loyal.

[Edit: Clarified that only some services will be restored withiin a week]

Source
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26188
    Japan

Alert Re: Sony confirms possible PSN identity theft, some service back within a week

Post by Vicky Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm

Well no email from sony here that good news dont use credit card info anymore since last time cost me 350.00 so i knew better then that
    ChristmasNiGHTS
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

Cash : 24171
    Hong Kong

Alert Re: Sony confirms possible PSN identity theft, some service back within a week

Post by ChristmasNiGHTS Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:25 pm

This is why i use PSN cards exclusively.

BUT no one better steal my ultra-cool PSN id. Evil or Very Mad
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:29 pm

i will be really mad if i lost any of my id's
    SuperAPG1
    SuperAPG1
    EN Robot
    EN Robot

EN AwardListed Top Poster

PSN ID PSN ID : ArcadePro_1

Cash : 25123
    United States of America

Post by SuperAPG1 Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:35 pm

lmfao @ ur ultra cool psn id
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:09 pm

well money i spent in them xD
    SuperAPG1
    SuperAPG1
    EN Robot
    EN Robot

United States of America

Post by SuperAPG1 Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:39 pm

lmao when you game share ur credit card info is erased
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29289
    Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:03 pm

If my account gets stolen.... WTF can i do? lol
    SuperAPG1
    SuperAPG1
    EN Robot
    EN Robot

United States of America

Post by SuperAPG1 Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:38 pm

call custermer services or i think put the MDY you used on another user when you sign up again put existing accounts i also think there a security question idk if that doesn' work i suggest you find a way to steal your account back Razz lol

Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:08 pm

When PSN get back up ::Calls sony and this what will happened My account been hacked:: Sony said there nothing we can do (If dont think this possible they done to me when i game share with someone and couldn't get my account back dead serious)
    ChristmasNiGHTS
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

Cash : 24171
    Hong Kong

Post by ChristmasNiGHTS Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:14 am

Now, im glad i dont Game-Share

RDRR Cool
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:19 am

lol I got email today from sony telling me change my password. I cant with the network down as far as I know Razz
    rhondatommy
    rhondatommy
    EN Transformer
    EN Transformer

PSN ID PSN ID : rhondatommy. Na, rhonda247. Jp,rgsinthehouse. Eu

Cash : 25390
    United States of America

Post by rhondatommy Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:56 am

bounce this is why they sale prepaid network cards and prepaid visa cards so ur info doesnt go out there i never use my credit card online stupid comes to mind sorry jk but anyway good luck if u did use ur credit cards online i hope noones numbers got out there aol screwed me over one time and get this i had no computer no internet and noway of using there service omg my bank sued them for my money back took six monthes to get it back and had to start a new acct. as for how or y aol had my info we still dont know but i caught it before it got any futher and my bank helped me all the way as for aol i still havent used there service and probably never will omg what a mess thou so take my advice no matter if u shopping online home psn amazion ebay make sure u protect ur info i always by prepaid visa cards now for any online items i may buy the card can be traced but my info is not attached to it so good luck guys .
    Vlaun
    Vlaun
    EN Test Subject
    EN Test Subject

PSN ID PSN ID : Vlaun, AlexGeminiV2112

Cash : 25018
    United States of America

Post by Vlaun Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:14 pm

Regardless if you used your CC or not, this is still a severe blow. At an age of time where people want full implementation of internet services to run our daily tasks. Cloud computing and such have just started to become adopted, apps running straight from online sources, etc... Sometimes even the social security number is required to sign up to a service, say signing up for a college course. This lack of security from Sony alone is troubling, but imagine if it isn't JUST Sony but many places that are SUPPOSE to have that information encrypted in some way have these security holes as well. While there is no such thing as being completely safe in regards to online sites and services, but the bigger the target the more secure you'd hope they'd be. Unfortunately a giant like Sony with a service that is quite large (PSN is said to have over 70 million users) sat around with unencrypted private information?? wtf?? While I'm not one to demonize Sony just because it's the hot thing to do, they definitely screwed up royally.
    The thing is though, I'm almost sure it's not just Sony but many corporations that have the same kind of lack of consideration. So be mindful of what information you choose to register when signing up for any online services.. >.<
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:09 pm

well sony shoot them self in the foot when laugh at the doss attack who laughing now Razz
    Immortal_Beloved
    Immortal_Beloved
    EN Activated
    EN Activated

PSN ID PSN ID : Immortal_Beloved

Cash : 23948
    United States of America

Post by Immortal_Beloved Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:12 pm

o-O I hope i dont lose my ID or anything. I earned a ton of trophies during the outage, so that'd be a bummer. Heh... I never use my CC info. Ive always used PSN cards. But this is becoming kinda worrrying know kinda..
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:40 pm

if i lose any my account sony give me trouble about it i will sue there ass dont care how much i like sony
    SuperAPG1
    SuperAPG1
    EN Robot
    EN Robot

United States of America

Post by SuperAPG1 Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:19 pm

you can't sue them for free service LOL
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:21 pm

it not free then spent over 1,500 in said account and if i been hacked cant go back on my account i sure can Smile They dont know if any account been stoled at this time but they could be for sure sue sony if lose your account Smile
    SuperAPG1
    SuperAPG1
    EN Robot
    EN Robot

United States of America

Post by SuperAPG1 Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:26 pm

so i can get any account if i say it was stolen ?
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:27 pm

yeah there going make prove it your's i would guess though

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:44 pm