The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

3 posters

Scientists Develop a $135,000 'Terminator' Hand

Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 28125
    Philippines

Scientists Develop a $135,000 'Terminator' Hand Empty Scientists Develop a $135,000 'Terminator' Hand

Post by Meesh Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:29 pm

Scientists Develop a $135,000 'Terminator' Hand R-robo10

So the scientists over at the Institute of Robotics and Mechatronics at the German Aerospace Center developed an actual Terminator hand. The robotic hand looks similar, is durable, and just as strong as the T-800 terminator robots that were portrayed in the famous Terminator movies.

It's about the size of a human hand with fully functional 'web tendons' which gives it the ability to control the stiffness. Scientists have tested it's strength by giving it a 66 G impact blow- in which the robo hand survived.

They've dropped a whopping $135,000 developing this super robo hand. What do they intend on using it for?

For the apocalypse between man and machine of course. Surprised

No really though, what the hell do they plan on using it for? $135,000 isn't exactly chump change..unless..they plan on dropping a bit more to create an actual Terminator. Looks like we could possibly have a Cyberdyne-Skynet situation on our hands!

Who says it only happens in the movies? Wink

Here's a vid of it in action:

Ben Wars
    Ben Wars
    EN Cyborg
    EN Cyborg

EN AwardTech News Reporter

Cash : 25174
    United States of America

Scientists Develop a $135,000 'Terminator' Hand Empty Re: Scientists Develop a $135,000 'Terminator' Hand

Post by Ben Wars Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:54 pm

OMG! Talk about technology of the future... The first thing I thought of when I saw that was the terminator. The guy in the movie first invented the arm, then the rest of the terminator was built and by the year 2050 something their was an all out war of robots out of control... Was the terminator movie an actual revelation of things to come?
    -=illuminati=-
    -=illuminati=-
    EN Cyborg
    EN Cyborg

Cash : 24667
    United States of America

Scientists Develop a $135,000 'Terminator' Hand Empty Re: Scientists Develop a $135,000 'Terminator' Hand

Post by -=illuminati=- Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:19 am

If I see any missles flying in the air and I know syberdyne systems are real, I will run into my housem grad a gun and shoot myself in the head repeatevly..... I don't want to burn alie from a nuke, I would rather die fast. Very Happy
    Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 28125
    Philippines

Post by Meesh Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:50 pm

-=illuminati=- wrote:If I see any missles flying in the air and I know syberdyne systems are real, I will run into my housem grad a gun and shoot myself in the head repeatevly..... I don't want to burn alie from a nuke, I would rather die fast. Very Happy

LOL, you're not gonna wait for the Governator to come to the rescue?!!

Scientists Develop a $135,000 'Terminator' Hand Arnold-schwarzenegger
    -=illuminati=-
    -=illuminati=-
    EN Cyborg
    EN Cyborg

Cash : 24667
    United States of America

Post by -=illuminati=- Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:03 pm

Lol NOOOO. Screw him if he picks me up fro the rescue he will brake me just trying to grab me LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:01 pm