The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

4 posters

PS3 Plus users getting cloud saving feature in new upcoming firmware

Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 28075
    Philippines

News PS3 Plus users getting cloud saving feature in new upcoming firmware

Post by Meesh Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:53 pm

PS3 Plus users getting cloud saving feature in new upcoming firmware   Locked10

Multiple rumors have been going around about Sony making a new “cloud” saving feature for Playstation plus users. The new update will possibly be coming in the next firmware update to 3.60.

The new “cloud saving” feature will save your game saves that you’ve worked hard on to another server or online location so that you are able to access all your game saves or information that you have saved from your hard drive onto another PS3 console or multiple consoles at one time. So if you’re worried about your console or hard drive dying on you and you don’t want to lose your game saves and media on your hard drive then you may possibly want to invest in PlayStation Plus to get this new game save feature.

As soon as cloud saving comes out your game saves will no longer be “locked” to your one and only game console or hard drive.

Source
    Ben Wars
    Ben Wars
    EN Cyborg
    EN Cyborg

EN AwardTech News Reporter

Cash : 25124
    United States of America

News Re: PS3 Plus users getting cloud saving feature in new upcoming firmware

Post by Ben Wars Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:13 pm

Wow thats great news! It's about time Sony created something useful for PS3 gamesaves. I know many people who has lost all their game save data because of a YLOD and could not even back up the game save because it had a "copyright" lock on it from putting the save on to a flash drive.
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29274
    Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:21 pm

they are too late for this, i lost my platinumed lbp1, burnout, etc... save files when my ps3 hdd got corrupted >_<
    gman_harmon
    gman_harmon
    EN Test Subject
    EN Test Subject

PSN ID PSN ID : gman_harmon

Cash : 24262
    United States of America

Post by gman_harmon Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Copy protection is a pustule on the gaming world and deserves to be destroyed outright. When I installed my 500GB HDD in my PS3, I had to lose my Assassin's Creed II, Heavy Rain, Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Rogue Warrior game saves. Luckily I platinumed three of those (RSV2 having no trophies), but it was still a loss that could have been prevented.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:50 am