The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

2 posters

Are you a 'supertaster'? I'm an inbetweenie 'medium' taster

Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 28130
    Philippines

Are you a 'supertaster'? I'm an inbetweenie 'medium' taster Empty Are you a 'supertaster'? I'm an inbetweenie 'medium' taster

Post by Meesh Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:34 am

Here's a few facts about our sodium intake:

Are you a 'supertaster'? I'm an inbetweenie 'medium' taster 50265_255608016651_1358514_n

We all need a specific amount of daily sodium intake, which is ideally about 2,400 milligrams as recommended by The American Heart Association. Our bodies only require 500 milligrams of sodium a day. Most people probably take in more than 4,000 milligrams each day- o_o that's A LOT of sodium.

So after reading an article about people who love salty foods and the reasoning behind their taste buds, some of us may have a tendency to feel the need to add salt to almost every meal. Well you can put the blame on your taste buds. You might be what they call a "supertaster". Some are more sensitive to saltier, tastier foods than most people. This is based on recent studies between the "supertasters" and the "non-tasters"-and then there are the few that are a mix of both-"medium" tasters.

Random Fact: Smokers who quit smoking have found that they have a more heightened sense in their taste buds and discover how much better food tastes than when they were smokers!

**I would know- I used to be a smoker back in the day. There was a MAJOR difference in how food tasted for me.

There have been tests with some participants to try salty foods; they came to the conclusion that the supertasters that liked the amount of salt in the foods found that it played a significant role in how the food actually tasted.

Salt brings out the natural flavors in foods, which heightens the taste factor. I always found it odd when I'd bake a dessert dish where the recipe would yield for a pinch of salt. That's because it helps bring out the flavors in the dish-whether it's either savory or sweet.

I consider myself a 'medium' taster. I'm a bit more sensitive to saltier foods, but I do enjoy flavorful dishes.

Now the experts aren't exactly sure why some people are supertasters, but have mentioned that their taste sensitivity could be genetic or that it could be the actual structure of the tongue and how many taste buds you actually have. The more buds you have, the tastier foods may seem to you.

Are you a 'supertaster'? I'm an inbetweenie 'medium' taster Fun,girl,piercing,sexy,tongue-4f4cc4bb8682eeeee7281ad65c8fdd49_m

Random Fact: It's said that the fastest healing organ on your body is your tongue!

In conclusion, you may have more buds than others, you may have a tendency to add salt to every meal to add to the flavor, you may just have dull buds. If you're a supertaster, be weary of your sodium intake. That could be difficult for the supertasters, as anything less than what they're used to could come by as being bland. Compensate salt for a mix of spices and herbs and always maintain a healthy diet!

Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26228
    Japan

Are you a 'supertaster'? I'm an inbetweenie 'medium' taster Empty Re: Are you a 'supertaster'? I'm an inbetweenie 'medium' taster

Post by Vicky Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:20 am

this crazy @_@
    Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 28130
    Philippines

Are you a 'supertaster'? I'm an inbetweenie 'medium' taster Empty Re: Are you a 'supertaster'? I'm an inbetweenie 'medium' taster

Post by Meesh Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:49 am

Vicky wrote:this crazy @_@

Yes it's a bit interesting lol. So do you think you're a supertaster?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:49 am