The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

3 posters

Tiger Woods and Golf Digest Part Ways After 13 years

SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31355
    Puerto Rico

Tiger Woods and Golf Digest Part Ways After 13 years Empty Tiger Woods and Golf Digest Part Ways After 13 years

Post by SPADEZ Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Tiger Woods and Golf Digest Part Ways After 13 years Tiger%20Woodsx-inset-community
    Tiger Woods and Golf Digest are mutually ending their relationship after 13 years.

The golf superstar and the world's largest golf magazine are ending Woods' longtime role as "exclusive playing editor" as of the current February, 2011 issue.

"Golf Digest and Tiger Woods have mutually agreed to stop his monthly by-lined articles," said Jerry Tarde, chairman and editor-in-chief of the magazine which has a 1.65 million circulation, in a statement late Thursday. "His last column will appear in the February, 2011 issue of Golf Digest at which time he will also leave the masthead. We appreciate the insights Tiger has provided to our readers."

Woods issued a statement saying: "I enjoyed my relationship with Golf Digest. But we have decided it's now time for a break. I wish my friends at Golf Digest continued success."

Golf Digest began its relationship with Woods when he was a young pro in August, 1997. It put his column on hold in February, 2010 when Woods took a leave of absence from PGA Tour to sort out his personal life after admitting to extramarital affairs. Once Woods returned, the magazine resumed his column as of September, 2010 issue. The magazine's other exclusive playing editors include: Phil Mickelson; Jack Nicklaus; and Arnold Palmer.

Golf Digest hasn't shied away from covering the rollercoaster ride of its longtime endorser over the last 14 months. The magazine recently reported that Woods took a $48 million pay cut last year giving him his lowest overall earnings in a decade at $74.2 million. Even with the steep falloff, he was still No. 1.

"Given the scandal he was embroiled in and the mediocre season that followed, it shouldn't be a surprise," said the magazine.

Woods and Procter & Gamble's Gillette men's grooming brand also ended their endorsement relationship as of Dec. 31. Besides Golf Digest, Woods has lost or mutually split with four corporate sponsors since the November, 2009 car crash that ignited a media storm over his private life: Gillette; Gatorade; AT&T and Accenture.

But six of Woods sponsors have stood by him Nike Golf; EA Sports; Upper Deck; Tag Heuer; NetJets; TLC Laser Eye Centers. EA Sports announced the rollout of the new video game, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters, this week.

EA Sports president Peter Moore said this week that the company supports its star endorser -- even though the company is not using a picture of Woods on some versions of the new game.

source
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26228
    Japan

Tiger Woods and Golf Digest Part Ways After 13 years Empty Re: Tiger Woods and Golf Digest Part Ways After 13 years

Post by Vicky Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:28 pm

omg tiger wood still damn good at golfing he made golf good again they should be kissing he ass not letting him go
    Elite_Shadow_va
    Elite_Shadow_va
    Elite Shadow Leader
    Elite Shadow Leader

EN AwardListed Top Poster

PSN ID PSN ID : gotrice97

Cash : 25217
    United States of America

Tiger Woods and Golf Digest Part Ways After 13 years Empty Re: Tiger Woods and Golf Digest Part Ways After 13 years

Post by Elite_Shadow_va Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:01 pm

dang i only wish i pay more attention to golf lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:24 pm