The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

3 posters

Geeky gadgets: Turn a floppy disk into a USB flash drive

Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 28125
    Philippines

Geeky gadgets: Turn a floppy disk into a USB flash drive  Empty Geeky gadgets: Turn a floppy disk into a USB flash drive

Post by Meesh Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:43 pm

In the earlier days of computers, 5.25-inch and 3.5-inch floppy disks were only way of transferring data since there were no CDs, DVDs, and USB devices for file transfer. It seems that floppy disks are returning as a medium for file transferring, at least as mods.

Geeky gadgets: Turn a floppy disk into a USB flash drive  Usb_floppy_disk_1-590x408
    Geeky gadgets: Turn a floppy disk into a USB flash drive  Usb_floppy_disk_2-590x455

Nowadays, the once popular floppy disks have become ancient, but luckily, there’s this mod is perfect for those who now and then like abit of nostalgia for the 3.5″ inch floppy disks. This mod will allow you to enjoy in that retro look while using the power of USB file transfer. Although this mod sounds interesting, it doesn’t look that impressive, since it seems that it is created from several floppy disks that are glued together on top of one another. This might not be the prettiest sight, but it’s necessary in order to put the USB connector into the floppy case.

Geeky gadgets: Turn a floppy disk into a USB flash drive  Usb_floppy_disk_3-590x390

As for this mod, we don’t think it will hit the stores anytime soon, but if you’re into floppy disks and retro gadgets, you might want to check this mod out and do some DIY yourself Geeky gadgets: Turn a floppy disk into a USB flash drive  Icon_smile

[via Gizmodo]Source

Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26223
    Japan

Geeky gadgets: Turn a floppy disk into a USB flash drive  Empty Re: Geeky gadgets: Turn a floppy disk into a USB flash drive

Post by Vicky Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:45 pm

very cool i havent used floppys in like ever
    Ben Wars
    Ben Wars
    EN Cyborg
    EN Cyborg

EN AwardTech News Reporter

Cash : 25174
    United States of America

Geeky gadgets: Turn a floppy disk into a USB flash drive  Empty Re: Geeky gadgets: Turn a floppy disk into a USB flash drive

Post by Ben Wars Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:11 pm

I prefer a portable passport external HDD over this. And if the space is to be limited i rather use a small flash drive. If you're going for a retro look set up, this is cool, but not my cup of tea. I wouldn't buy this or waste time creating one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:04 am