The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

+4
Vicky
iRaz
Teacrazer
SPADEZ
8 posters

Free Realms “Definitely” Coming to PS3 After Mac Support

SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31305
    Puerto Rico

Free Realms “Definitely” Coming to PS3 After Mac Support  Empty Free Realms “Definitely” Coming to PS3 After Mac Support

Post by SPADEZ Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:21 pm

Free Realms “Definitely” Coming to PS3 After Mac Support  Feature-free-realms

Since its conception, Sony Online Entertainment has promised the release of the free-to-play MMORPG
    Free Realms on the PlayStation 3. Thanks to delays, the colorful MMO has yet to hit the console market.

Fortunately for console owners, SOE has went on record to reassure gamers that
    Free Realms for PS3 is coming soon despite it’s latest announcements.

Along with announcing a Mac version of
    Free Realms, senior of public relations from SOE put PS3 fans at ease. According to Taina Rodriquez from Sony Online Entertainment the game is still aimed to hit Sony’s current generation console:
    <blockquote>
    Free Realms is still definitely coming to PS3. We haven’t announced a release date, but Free Realms for PS3 will be coming soon. The development team has been working to optimize play experience on both the Mac and PS3 versions.”

</blockquote>While the red flag is expected to come down on the fact that Free Realms for Mac is expected to release before the PS3 version, one must consider that the porting process from PC to Mac is likely more straightforward than building a whole console version integrated into the PlayStation Network. In other words, the wait shouldn’t be much longer.

Source:
    PSLS

SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31305
    Puerto Rico

Free Realms “Definitely” Coming to PS3 After Mac Support  Empty SOE: “Free Realms Is Still Definitely Coming To PS3″

Post by SPADEZ Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:23 pm

Free Realms “Definitely” Coming to PS3 After Mac Support  Freerealms1

We Kinda Want To Play SOE's Casual Virtual World, Free Realms.
    The problem, as far as we see it, for Free Realms on the PS3 is PlayStation Home. Arguably, SOE’s online world is a much more focused world than Home’s virtual chatroom — though Home has taken strides in that direction over recent months. Still, Sony can’t have two competing online worlds accessible from the XMB; so that would mean Free Realms would have to be released as a blu-ray disc (or PSN download) – taking away the game’s “free-to-play” ethos.

It’s a headache for sure, and its compounded by the news that Free Realms is coming to the Mac before the PS3. But Sony Online Entertainment say the home console version is still coming.

“Free Realms is still definitely coming to PS3,” said SOE’s Taina Rodriquez. “We haven’t announced a release date, but Free Realms for PS3 will be coming soon. The development team has been working to optimize play experience on both the Mac and PS3 versions.”
    Free Realms has been a smash hit on the PC for SOE, so it makes sense to get the game out on as many platforms as possible (which is looking like PC, Mac and PS3). It certainly seems like getting MMOs running on the PlayStation 3 is proving more of a headache than originally thought. DC Universe Online, Final Fantasy XIV, Free Realms and the Agency were all set to spearhead a home-console MMO charge. None of the games have been released on PS3 yet.

source
    Teacrazer
    Teacrazer
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

PSN ID PSN ID : Teacrazer

Cash : 25439
    United States of America

Free Realms “Definitely” Coming to PS3 After Mac Support  Empty Re: Free Realms “Definitely” Coming to PS3 After Mac Support

Post by Teacrazer Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:03 am

Shocked I used to see free realms in like commercials it has never hit me to want to try. Especially on the ps3 i would rather go for a game like WoW
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29279
    Puerto Rico

Free Realms “Definitely” Coming to PS3 After Mac Support  Empty Re: Free Realms “Definitely” Coming to PS3 After Mac Support

Post by iRaz Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:41 pm

nice, a free MMO for the ps3, ill probably get adicted to it if i like it, would love to be a beta tester!
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26178
    Japan

Post by Vicky Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:15 pm

i dont like games like wow so i dont think like this either anyway we have home ^^ for social networking and some game play
    CruciA
    CruciA
    EN Artist
    EN Artist

EN Award#1 EN Artist

EN Award 2Listed Top Poster

PSN ID PSN ID : CruciA

Cash : 27053
    United States of America

Post by CruciA Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:25 pm

RazorX wrote:HOme for games? you mean shitty games? i will change home for this when it comes out, no trannies, or stalkers will be in there, transexuals willl stay with home, and i move to the next gen maynard.
    Hey Razor, I recieved a report for this post that you made and from what I'm seeing...there is reason to it. This is a warning, don't let it happen again or i will eat your face and lower your EN health points xD ..Not only you but most of you...keep your insults and bad comments about others to yourselves. Thanks in advance.
    west
    west
    EN Activated
    EN Activated

Cash : 25053
    United States of America

Post by west Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:03 am

you get em tiger!

but seriously, cant this thread just be about Free Realms?
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26178
    Japan

Post by Vicky Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:17 am

agree westy i still dont know why want to play a free realms game on the ps3 dont think really a good idea but we you have to see
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:34 pm

AnimAfluX wrote:
    RazorX wrote:HOme for games? you mean shitty games? i will change home for this when it comes out, no trannies, or stalkers will be in there, transexuals willl stay with home, and i move to the next gen maynard.
    Hey Razor, I recieved a report for this post that you made and from what I'm seeing...there is reason to it. This is a warning, don't let it happen again or i will eat your face and lower your EN health points xD ..Not only you but most of you...keep your insults and bad comments about others to yourselves. Thanks in advance.
    ok, sorry, please delete that post i made, it will not happen again, and thanks for giving my health back.
    Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 28080
    Philippines

Post by Meesh Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:59 pm

I've heard about Free Realms for awhile now, and it seems that it's mainly geared towards younger users. This could actually help Home sort out the really really young crowd that have signed up on the application. A lot of the Home users are much older in age, although we do still have a few young ones, and a lot of the content and chat discussions amongst the public are for those on the same maturity level. (even though some adults are just as bad as most of the kids-sad to say)

I think Sony is trying to find some way to separate the younger crowd from the actual Home application. Some of em just don't know how to act. And like I said earlier, even some of the adults don't know how to act. I haven't actually checked out Free Realms just yet, but from the looks of some of the commercials I've seen, looks like a Dungeons and Dragons type thing.
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:42 pm

Meesh wrote:I've heard about Free Realms for awhile now, and it seems that it's mainly geared towards younger users. This could actually help Home sort out the really really young crowd that have signed up on the application. A lot of the Home users are much older in age, although we do still have a few young ones, and a lot of the content and chat discussions amongst the public are for those on the same maturity level. (even though some adults are just as bad as most of the kids-sad to say)

I think Sony is trying to find some way to separate the younger crowd from the actual Home application. Some of em just don't know how to act. And like I said earlier, even some of the adults don't know how to act. I haven't actually checked out Free Realms just yet, but from the looks of some of the commercials I've seen, looks like a Dungeons and Dragons type thing.
    that game looks a lot like wizard 101, and it is played by all ages, not only by young users, i guess that with Free Realms, same thing will happen, and those who loves home(including the young users) will keep logging there, PS3 was made for gaming, not for home or free realms anyway, but i actually do not see why people compare free realms with home, they are both completely different from each other.
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

PSN ID PSN ID : PyroPhoenix

Cash : 26043
    United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:26 am

It's already free on the PC so I gave it a whirl since it was coming to PS3 later on. What I saw was a generic MMO that was very simplistic. It's not really free after all once they get you into playing it. After you max out a class you get a prompt telling you to pay the monthly subscription, then you can't use that class unless you pay the monthly subscription. You're being constantly thrown the prompt in your face to pay up. If you want better items they cost real money. The graphics are sub par with a major bloom effect on everything to hide the flaws. The characters look cartoony, and the customization is lackluster. I quit the game shortly after playing it with no desire to play it again. I foresee this MMO dying in the future due to its lack of depth. It's probably always on life support in its bland mediocre existence awaiting the next feeble-minded person to stumble upon it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:17 pm