The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

+3
Vicky
PyroPhoenix
bmarzke
7 posters

I'm already soo over the iPhone 4s

bmarzke
    bmarzke
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

PSN ID PSN ID : bmarzke

Cash : 23129
    United States of America

I'm already soo over the iPhone 4s Empty I'm already soo over the iPhone 4s

Post by bmarzke Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:27 am

I mean isn't apple kinda late to the party in all aspects with its latest iteration? The only "somewhat" cool feature of the phone that no other phone has is Siri. But I mean with google already making huge leaps and bounds in that direction and android being open source, it is only a matter of time before android users have something very similar. Maybe even better...

But honestly.... Dual core? Already done.....

8 Megapixel camera?.... ditto (HTC had many phones a year and a half ago with 8 mp cameras; Sony Ericson had a 12 mp camera phone 2 years ago or better...

Siri? c'mon.... it's only a matter of time....
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

PSN ID PSN ID : PyroPhoenix

Cash : 25833
    United States of America

I'm already soo over the iPhone 4s Empty Re: I'm already soo over the iPhone 4s

Post by PyroPhoenix Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:13 am

Apple died when Steve Jobs did. He didn't even get to announce the iPhone 5... You know he only took a $1 salary a year? If he never sold his stocks back in the days he would be the 5th richest man in the world. It's kind of sad that all your money is tied into stocks.
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 25968
    Japan

Post by Vicky Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:45 am

Without Iphone must smart phone wouldn't even be. Only company making smart phone before apple include palm polit and the black berry Apple made people think they need a smart phone made it cool

At pryo Steve Jobs didn't care about money just making product that everyone wanted and needed. Money isn't everything if you think it is you need really look for better things
    SuperAPG1
    SuperAPG1
    EN Robot
    EN Robot

EN AwardListed Top Poster

PSN ID PSN ID : ArcadePro_1

Cash : 24903
    United States of America

Post by SuperAPG1 Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:35 pm

Money is everything in this world ur food, ur house, ur car, ur PS3 Razz lol money = Smile no money= Sad
    bmarzke
    bmarzke
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

United States of America

Post by bmarzke Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:53 pm

I am completely in agreeance with you Vicky. The iPhone was an integral part of the the birth of the smartphones that we have today. Without the iPhone we may not be were we are right now with smartphones. I also commend Steve Jobs for his hard work and dedication to his products. He already had more money than he would ever need so a $1 was more of an inside joke between him and colleagues imo. He was a great man indeed.

Having said that, what I mean when I say they are "late to the party" is referring to what they are doing right now. I am afraid that if they continue down the path that they are right now that the iPhone may go the way of Blackberry or heaven forbid webOS.

Often times it's not whom invented the wheel that we remember, but instead the one who perfected it.
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29069
    Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:10 pm

What about all the ideas that Apple have stolen from other companies?
    For example, the App Store...
    SuperAPG1
    SuperAPG1
    EN Robot
    EN Robot

United States of America

Post by SuperAPG1 Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:14 pm

its like a walmart smh.....
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:16 pm

iRaz wrote:What about all the ideas that Apple have stolen from other companies?

You understand Apple made the app store right. The saiding "there an app for that" and the app store it's self was apple

The App Store opened on July 10, 2008 Should pick a better example. Because apple made the app store
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29069
    Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:44 pm

Vicky wrote:
    iRaz wrote:What about all the ideas that Apple have stolen from other companies?

You understand Apple made the app store right. The saiding "there an app for that" and the app store it's self was apple

The App Store opened on July 10, 2008 Should pick a better example. Because apple made the app store
    Sorry but, Android first introduced the idea of giving applications to the smartphones and THEN Apple released the App Store. Androids would have been first if they released their OS before.
    Before that, iPhone 1 and iPhone 2 kinda sucked.
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:51 pm

Are you crazy Androids didn't make the app store

Android operating system and app was opened on March 22, 2011

Way after the Iphone the app store from apple been since the first Iphone way before the Android. Asked anyone that not crazy Or will ament it

After the success of Apple's App Store, and the launch of similar services by its competitors, the term "app store" has been adopted to refer to any similar service for mobile devices. However, Apple applied for a trademark on the term App Store in 2008. Which was tentatively approved in 2011 They couldn't applied for trademark if they didn't make it ><
    SuperAPG1
    SuperAPG1
    EN Robot
    EN Robot

United States of America

Post by SuperAPG1 Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:01 pm

before all this there were computer apps like yahoo
    west
    west
    EN Activated
    EN Activated

Cash : 24843
    United States of America

Post by west Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:08 pm

but did you know that Apple created fruitcake?
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:14 pm

All i said was apple Made "the app store" i didn't said they started apps They first company to put all apps in one store from different companies Plan and simple
    bmarzke
    bmarzke
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

United States of America

Post by bmarzke Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:56 pm

Vicky wrote:Are you crazy Androids didn't make the app store

Way after the Iphone the app store from apple been since the first Iphone way before the Android. Asked anyone that not crazy Or will ament it

After the success of Apple's App Store, and the launch of similar services by its competitors, the term "app store" has been adopted to refer to any similar service for mobile devices. However, Apple applied for a trademark on the term App Store in 2008. Which was tentatively approved in 2011 They couldn't applied for trademark if they didn't make it ><

Did you knock your noggin? Where are you getting your information? March 22, 2011??? Really?
    Okay, first of all, the first official android phone released on the 22nd of October 2008 called the HTC Dream. Secondly, Android has had the android market up since at least 2009. And apple did not invent the app or the concept of a store housing apps. The first iteration of an app store comes from CNR or click-n-run, which was a catalog of apps that you could use for your pc that had a total download history of 9 million downloads with 45,000 apps on it before apple even announced their "app store". Which may also be why they can't stop amazon from using the term "app store" because they didn't actually invent anything of the sort.

Moreover, the google app inventor has made it easier than ever to make apps for any use. Which would notate what I originally said, "Often times it's not whom invented the wheel that we remember, but instead the one who perfected it."

This kind of thinking on google's part may explain why they are and have been for quite some time the best selling and most used smartphone platform. They currently have over 190 million phones in use.

Meanwhile Android is off singing this to an Apple fanboy somewhere, "anything you can do I can do better. I can do anything, better than you!" cheers

I'm already soo over the iPhone 4s Android+Eating+Apple-741535

Last edited by bmarzke on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:57 pm

I'm already soo over the iPhone 4s Slow_Clap_RE_I_dont_care-s420x315-139732-580
    bmarzke
    bmarzke
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

United States of America

Post by bmarzke Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:00 am

And as icing on the cake, I sold an iPhone 4s to a guy earlier and while we were waiting for his phone to activate (taking forever, c'mon apple, get it together already!) I pulled out my phone to show him images of some cases I could order for him. One look at my Galaxy S2 and he asked, "may I hold it?"
    And in a moment as if god had handed down a piece of divine technology from the heavens I could see the joy in his eyes. That was promptly followed by "wow, I should have gotten this phone."

Lolz...
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:37 am

bmarzke wrote:
    Vicky wrote:Are you crazy Androids didn't make the app store

Did you knock your noggin? Where are you getting your information? March 22, 2011??? Really?
    Okay, first of all, the first official android phone released on the 22nd of October 2008 called the HTC Dream. Secondly, Android has had the android market up since at least 2009. And apple did not invent the app or the concept of a store housing apps. The first iteration of an app store comes from CNR or click-n-run, which was a catalog of apps that you could use for your pc that had a total download history of 9 million downloads with 45,000 apps on it before apple even announced their "app store".

CNR was a free one-click software delivery service that was created to make finding and installing Linux software easier Click and run software base not app based

Which may also be why they can't stop amazon from using the term "app store" because they didn't actually invent anything of the sort.

Only reason apple case didn't go through because they didn't even trademark "The app store" until 2011 Type in app store see what comes first proves which one used more

Moreover, the google app inventor has made it easier than ever to make apps for any use. Which would notate what I originally said, "Often times it's not whom invented the wheel that we remember, but instead the one who perfected it." type in app store in any search engine you see which one search for more and therefore used more

This kind of thinking on google's part may explain why they are and have been for quite some time the best selling and most used smartphone platform. They currently have over 190 million phones in use.

Meanwhile Android is off singing this to an Apple fanboy somewhere, "anything you can do I can do better. I can do anything, better than you!"
    Better lol Tell me when android can:

Video recording, HD (1080p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
    Video stabilization
    Front camera with VGA-quality photos and video at up to 30 frames per second
    Photo and video geotagging
    Autofocus
    Tap to focus
    Face detection in still images
    Talk time: Up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 14 hours on 2G (GSM)
    Standby time: Up to 200 hours
    Internet use: Up to 6 hours on 3G, up to 9 hours on Wi-Fi
    Video playback: Up to 10 hours
    Audio playback: Up to 40 hours
    Be lucky if i can get my inspire to last a day in down time doing nothing

cheers

I'm already soo over the iPhone 4s Android+Eating+Apple-741535

You can call me fan boy all you want what you called someone who cant afford an a mac a windows fan have good day Razz Aslo forgot does your phone hold up to 64gb of space thought not and The A5 contains a dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU with NEON SIMD accelerator and a dual core PowerVR SGX543MP2 GPU, which means that the iPhone4s can do twice the work at once. The processor speed will be somewhere between 1.2 to 1.5 GHz, with probably a 1GB RAM. Tablet power in a phone.Aslo forgot to mention this not even the iPhone 5 yet just updated iphone 4 waits for iphone 5
    bmarzke
    bmarzke
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

United States of America

Post by bmarzke Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:41 am

Umm, check the specs of the Galaxy S2.... check, check and check. My phone does all of that and more.

Processor:

The iPhone still is only 1ghz with the 1 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor, PowerVR SGX543MP2 GPU, Apple A5 chipset, and Galaxy S2: Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor, Mali-400MP GPU, Exynos chipset...

Winner: S2

Camera:

Both the S2 and 4s have rear cameras capable of 1080p video capture at 30fps and all the same features except for the S2 has face AND SMILE detection along with the exact same pixel rate:3264x2448 pixels. However the clear difference is the front camera. The 4s has a vga camera as opposed to the S2's 2mp 30fps sweetness.

Battery:

For this next section I will paste from the same website you did at gsm arena. Hold on to your seats kiddies!!! Oh and both phone specs are from the same source. Razz

iPhone 4s:Standard battery, Li-Po 1432 mAh
    Stand-by Up to 200 h (2G) / Up to 200 h (3G)
    Talk time Up to 14 h (2G) / Up to 8 h (3G)
    Music play Up to 40 h

Galaxy S2:Standard battery, Li-Ion 1650 mAh
    Stand-by Up to 710 h (2G) / Up to 610 h (3G)
    Talk time Up to 18 h 20 min (2G) / Up to 8 h 40 min (3G)... I am gonna go out on a limb and say it has longer music playback time too.

My phone is slimmer, bigger screen, Super HD AMOLED, DLNA, weighs less, has wifi direct and kies air (research it! it's awesome!) And Siri? Who cares? My phone also has something similar and give it time, something just like it will be on the android market.

Oh and yes, 64GB.... If you want to pay $400 at new customer pricing!!!($800+ at retail) My phone has 16 GB internal storage, 2GB of RAM, and an SD card slot which after update will support 128GB Micro SD (Currently supports 32 and 64GB HC). Oh and how cute, the iPhone has scratch proof plexiglass.... Meanwhile my phone has scratch resistant Gorilla Glass (aka strongest glass on earth! tough, yet beautiful). Oh, and I have Java support along with Adobe Flash 10.1 Support.

I think that about covers it...

OH NO HE DIDN'T! OH NO HE DIDN'T!

OH YES I DID!!!
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:33 am

ROFL
    west
    west
    EN Activated
    EN Activated

Cash : 24843
    United States of America

Post by west Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:32 am

Good post, Bmarzke
    One big thing you didn't mention is monthly rates and data packages. I am currently with AT&T on a family plan with unlimited data- something no longer offered. For me this alone is reason enough to stay with the iphone.
    I personally find Apple interfaces to be the most clean and user friendly as well (based only on a handful of minutes looking at Androids). Your cameras smile detection feature is a crock IMO and only causes lag between when you "snap" the photo and the image capture. The 4s does offer the fastest shot to shot ratio, whatever thats worth.
    You can feel good about whichever current gen smart phone you purchase. There is no clear cut winner this year.
    bmarzke
    bmarzke
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

United States of America

Post by bmarzke Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:48 pm

Well you could always go with Sprint... They don't have a special iPhone plan or w.e... They have a Unlimited everything plan for $79.99 ($69.99 for non-smartphones) which works with the iPhone or any android. Which only Sprint has as the other carriers are all tiered data plans. You can also get a family share plan at 149.99 (129.99 for non-smartphones) and add a line for $19.99 per line.

My phone doesn't really have any lag when I press the button it shoots. Fast shutter speed isn't a big draw for me. If I really want a performance camera I'm not looking at a phone to do it. I'd probably get a nice DSLR.

The android is completely open and free. The user interface is what you make it. Perhaps some people just have terrible choice in what they put on their phones. But I personally like the ability to choose where MY apps go on MY smartphone. Free ringtones is a pretty cool perk too (try zedge for over 500,000 free ring and message/notification tones all in hd).

And again, I really love my Adobe support. But then again, to each his own I suppose. For that matter some people are still rockin Blackberry smartphones... (say goodbye to Blackberry... it is on it's way out) Laughing
    Strebeck
    Strebeck
    EN Android
    EN Android

Cash : 24958
    United States of America

Post by Strebeck Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:21 pm

I am about to ditch my phone. I stopped replying to texts, and I haven't answered the thing. Both for about 60 days or so. People have stopped calling me all together, and I haven't gotten a text in 4 weeks. There's a relatively tiny window where I'm not reachable by either email or Skype, and during those times I don't really want to be reached anyway.

Friends just skype me now, and that's replaced my texts. Which I like because I'm less inclined to reply back immediately, and it's free. Sure it requires internet, but I'm paying for that anyway for a multitude of other things.

I need a phone for those Oh Shit! moments, so I won't fully ditch it. but I really want to. there's not a single thing I want a phone for anymore. If I'm out at the bar/club and I need to find you, I'll find you. If you need to find me and I don't need to find you, tough shit. If I'm at work, Skype me. if I'm at home, Skype me. if I'm at the store, I'll ttyl. if I'm at my friend's house, i'll ttyl. If you *really* need to find me, I really only hang out with like 8 people on the regular. Call them. If that fails.. fucking Skype and wait. We'll connect in less than 18 hours guaranteed.

I do like my ipad, and I got the wifi one, so there's no plan there. shove it in the messenger bag and rock out. i don't really carry a cam. No evidence is a code I strongly live by. and if I want to video tape/photograph something I'm a more serious enthusiast than what any camera phone will live up to.

but yeah, I'm dangerously close to giving the mobile industry the giant middle finger and bailing from that fucking trap.

Vita's a goddamn issue in the equation too, I'll figure that shit out in january.
    bmarzke
    bmarzke
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

United States of America

Post by bmarzke Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:00 pm

Considering that some people cut their own genitalia off, your detachment from your phone doesn't seem so nuts..... Get it? Razz
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:35 pm

Strebeck wrote:No evidence is a code I strongly live by.
    What about augments in your brain that lets you receive calls and play video games with your mind? Do you hate mobile phones because it's a money trap or because you don't like to have people "access" you anytime they want? If it's the latter you're a rebel. You need a motorcycle, a switch-blade comb, and a whole lot of attitude. Or you're a serial killer.
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:57 pm

bmarzke wrote:Umm, check the specs of the Galaxy S2.... check, check and check. My phone does all of that and more.

Processor:

The iPhone still is only 1ghz with the 1 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor, PowerVR SGX543MP2 GPU, Apple A5 chipset, and Galaxy S2: Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor, Mali-400MP GPU, Exynos chipset...

Camera:

Both the S2 and 4s have rear cameras capable of 1080p video capture at 30fps and all the same features except for the S2 has face AND SMILE detection along with the exact same pixel rate:3264x2448 pixels. However the clear difference is the front camera. The 4s has a vga camera as opposed to the S2's 2mp 30fps sweetness.

Battery:

For this next section I will paste from the same website you did at gsm arena. Hold on to your seats kiddies!!! Oh and both phone specs are from the same source. Razz

iPhone 4s:Standard battery, Li-Po 1432 mAh
    Stand-by Up to 200 h (2G) / Up to 200 h (3G)
    Talk time Up to 14 h (2G) / Up to 8 h (3G)
    Music play Up to 40 h

Galaxy S2:Standard battery, Li-Ion 1650 mAh
    Stand-by Up to 710 h (2G) / Up to 610 h (3G)
    Talk time Up to 18 h 20 min (2G) / Up to 8 h 40 min (3G)... I am gonna go out on a limb and say it has longer music playback time too.

My phone is slimmer, bigger screen, Super HD AMOLED, DLNA, weighs less, has wifi direct and kies air (research it! it's awesome!) And Siri? Who cares? My phone also has something similar and give it time, something just like it will be on the android market.

Oh and yes, 64GB.... If you want to pay $400 at new customer pricing!!!($800+ at retail) My phone has 16 GB internal storage, 2GB of RAM, and an SD card slot which after update will support 128GB Micro SD (Currently supports 32 and 64GB HC). Oh and how cute, the iPhone has scratch proof plexiglass.... Meanwhile my phone has scratch resistant Gorilla Glass (aka strongest glass on earth! tough, yet beautiful). Oh, and I have Java support along with Adobe Flash 10.1 Support.

I think that about covers it...

OH NO HE DIDN'T! OH NO HE DIDN'T!

OH YES I DID!!!
    64 Miro Sd card do not currently work with any smart phones only the 32GB beside if you have more two slots for sd that impossible Even if it did it cost around 200-300 plus what ever you paid for the phone it self. Oh god you have flash support new flash HTML5 will not have Flash eddem so what will you need flash for o.o

Btw Samsung made the a5 chip Designed by Apple and manufactured by Samsung to replace the Apple A4

Phone 4S creates history by booking 0.6 million on its release day.

But looking at the Samsung Galaxy S II phone processor its faster and provides amazing experience and on the other side the iPhone 4S wins the battle in graphical acceleration.
    The Android 2.3 looks stale when compared to iOS 5
    iPhone 4S has a custom ISP design which has the feature like Face recognition using Facetime, Hybrid IR filter and auto white balance. Both the phone are able to record HD video at 1080p at a resolution of 30fps but iPhone records much better videos than its competitor
    Found that on andorid website and they still ament that there bais and still said that iphone does better on though accounts

http://androidadvices.com/galaxy-s2-iphone-4s-features-specs-comparison/

Btw this means a sighlty update iphone 4 beats brand new phone galaxy Ii not the galaxyS that kinda sad and that the fact this isn't even the iphone 5 but apple dieing call me back when galaxy phone sell 4 million units during the handset's first weekend in stores

Aslo Galaxy S2 as:- 1) It has no TV out cable easily available in the market, considering all the TVs in the market have no WiFi connectivity. 2) The back cover is of a flimsy plastic. 3) The notification system is poor and you have to check manually for any new assignment.4) The GPS navigation requires WiFi also for efficient use. this sound like awesome phone wonder why didnt buy unlock version for 600.00 really i dont maybe i do but that beside the point and the fact that i know android sucks i own one wouldn't last a day a flipping stand by Yes I like my phone to be able to hold a charge so i can do things with it I know that crazy talk. But my iphone last 3 days on stand by when more then two year old. Never going to buy another android base phone it power house and need to be connect to power source to do anything. I have Own an HTC Inspire for a year and i gladly handed back to att so they could do whatever with it because it was a POS

Last edited by Vicky on Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:19 am; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:49 am