The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

3 posters

Offshoot of Anonymous takes aim at Hollywood

iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29069
    Puerto Rico

Offshoot of Anonymous takes aim at Hollywood Empty Offshoot of Anonymous takes aim at Hollywood

Post by iRaz Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:31 am

Offshoot of Anonymous takes aim at Hollywood P5318103_610x457
    (Credit: mconnors/Morguefile)

A splinter group of hacker collective Anonymous is turning attention away from corporations and governments and toward the beautiful people.

According to multiple reports, the Hollywood Leaks team has announced its intent to target celebrities in film, TV, and music--evidently, folks like Miley Cyrus, Tom Cruise, and rapper Kreayshawn have already been hit. The hackers are looking for dirt, such as nude photos, embarrassing e-mails or memos, scripts under wraps, etc. In general, Hollywood Leaks wants to leave a trail of showbiz carnage in its wake.

So far, the fruits of their dastardly labor include publishing online a list of celebrity cell phone numbers (Cyrus and Ashley Green, Helio Castronoves and Corky Ballas, who both previously appeared on "Dancing with the Stars") and the pre-release script of the movie musical "Rock of Ages" starring Tom Cruise. This morning, they served up Gerald Butler's e-mail address. Admittedly, that's not the most devastating list of achievements so far, but these are the early days yet.

"Nothing like a #LEAK for breakfast," the group tweeted this morning.

A perusal of the group's Twitter stream is a confusing cross switch of comments, encouragements, threats, and counter threats. But the consensus theme is that Hollywood Leaks is in this for "LULZ"--a little laughter at Hollywood's expense. However, the group's vow to tackle the "Jew-controlled media" tends to kill the LULZ buzz.

In any case, the Hollywood spin machine might be scared. How do I know? Like a lot of Los Angeles-based journalists, I have an address book full of studio and independent publicists, and no one is talking. (Maybe I shouldn't say that in an article hackers will probably read, but if there's a hacker boring enough to check out my electro-Rolodex, that would be sad news.)

At any rate, I rolled through that contact list looking for a publicist willing to go on the record with a quote on the Hollywood Leaks operation and its potential to wreak havoc on the industry, and all of them demurred. I sent out a total of 18 requests for a statement over 12 hours and received either dead silence or a buck-passing to another possible contact, who would then respond with more silence. That doesn't mean any of them represent someone with a lot to hide, but it could mean none wants to tempt fate.

Source
    rhondatommy
    rhondatommy
    EN Transformer
    EN Transformer

EN AwardListed Top Poster

PSN ID PSN ID : rhondatommy. Na, rhonda247. Jp,rgsinthehouse. Eu

Cash : 25170
    United States of America

Offshoot of Anonymous takes aim at Hollywood Empty Re: Offshoot of Anonymous takes aim at Hollywood

Post by rhondatommy Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:47 am

Lmao poeple do this on a daily bases. Like even digging in thier garbage. Omg annoyance,i mean anonymous, what the freaking point. Lmfao
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 25968
    Japan

Offshoot of Anonymous takes aim at Hollywood Empty Re: Offshoot of Anonymous takes aim at Hollywood

Post by Vicky Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:42 am

No idea what there point is on this think just doing things to do it now
    rhondatommy
    rhondatommy
    EN Transformer
    EN Transformer

United States of America

Post by rhondatommy Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:54 am

Point they just pissing people off and gonna get caught. Lmfao
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 25968
    Japan

Post by Vicky Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:16 am

Well they are just asking to be caught now doing stupid thing dont help anything or there cause
    rhondatommy
    rhondatommy
    EN Transformer
    EN Transformer

United States of America

Post by rhondatommy Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:51 am

I know right they just getting dumb and slappy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:42 am