The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

4 posters

Leaked iPhone 5 front panel with 4-inch edge to edge screen

Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 27975
    Philippines

Leaked iPhone 5 front panel with 4-inch edge to edge screen   Empty Leaked iPhone 5 front panel with 4-inch edge to edge screen

Post by Meesh Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:49 pm

The front panel of what supposedly is the next generation iPhone 5 has been leaked by iDealsChina. As you can see in the image below, the
    screen size has been increased to four inches with barely any bezel left at all due to this so-called edge to edge screen.

Leaked iPhone 5 front panel with 4-inch edge to edge screen   Leaked-apple-iphone-5-panel

"China’s 1st iPhone 5 photo has surfaced! From this photo it seems that the screen size will be larger than iPhone 4. There has been a lot of specualtion about a larger screen and maybe this will be one of the upgrades we will see when iPhone 5 is released this summer."

If this leaked front panel is the real deal and not just a fan’s homemade prototype, then we can be certain that Apple’s intention is to offer a larger-screen device to ensure that smartphone competition stays in their favour (not that they need to). By comparison to the current iPhone 4′s 3.5-inch display, you can see a notable difference in the illustration done by 9 to 5 Mac below.

Leaked iPhone 5 front panel with 4-inch edge to edge screen   Iphone-5-vs-iphone-4

It would look abit awkward but not something difficult to get used to. Our only worry is how will its already minimal battery life cope? I suppose Apple will leave that with iPhone case-makers then.

Source
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29174
    Puerto Rico

Leaked iPhone 5 front panel with 4-inch edge to edge screen   Empty Re: Leaked iPhone 5 front panel with 4-inch edge to edge screen

Post by iRaz Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:32 am

this makes me stop trusting apple, i mean, why getting the new iphone if they will make a better version in some months
    Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

Philippines

Leaked iPhone 5 front panel with 4-inch edge to edge screen   Empty Re: Leaked iPhone 5 front panel with 4-inch edge to edge screen

Post by Meesh Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:25 pm

It's like those Best Buy commercials! Technology advances so fast these days, there's always something new that comes out soon after.
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26073
    Japan

Post by Vicky Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:48 pm

if apple doesnt add better camera more fectures this be wasted of money like the iphone 4 >.<
    Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

Philippines

Post by Meesh Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:04 pm

I'm sure it'll have the same features as the iphone 4 if not a few more, but the full screen is one of the more noticeable features. I'm looking forward to snagging this when it comes out this summer! I'm sick of my Failberry Tour. Not too happy with RIM.
    Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

Philippines

Post by Meesh Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:58 am

Aricle from Geeksugar.com:

I listed the impending launch of the iPhone 5 as one of the biggest reasons not to buy the Verizon iPhone 4 next month.

Leaked iPhone 5 front panel with 4-inch edge to edge screen   9a37f466b26ee3d5_iPhone5

Since the first iPhone hit the scene in 2007, each model has improved in significant ways over the last, and with awesome new technologies hitting the scene Apple is bound to take its next device to new levels.

Here, we'll cover four reasons to hold off from buying a smartphone until this Summer when the iPhone 5 is announced. Have something to add? Discuss your opinions and thoughts in the comments below, join in the conversation on our Facebook page, or send us a tweet!

• New technology — The new iPhone is said to be getting a host of new technologies, including NFC (near-field communication) chips to turn your phone into apayment system, along with beefed-up voice recognition to compete with Google's Android voice search.
    • New design — If Apple learned anything from the great Antennagate controversy of 2010, it's bound to be implementing changes to the way the iPhone 5 antenna is crafted. Maybe this has something to do with the "total rethink from a design standpoint" that Apple was talking about earlier this month?
    • More carriers — At least you know you'll have two options for your Apple device needs now — AT&T and Verizon. While the iPhone 5 hasn't been announced just yet, I'm betting that it will be available on AT&T this Summer and on Verizon's network early next year.

• More colors — The elusive white iPhone 4 is set to be released this Spring, so it makes sense that Apple would release two versions — black and white — of the iPhone 5 this Summer.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

Considering
    waiting it out for the iphone5 and finally getting rid of this blackberry. As you (Vince) were mentioning that it would be cheaper to go with AT&T, true it would be cheaper. I switched over to Verizon because I wasn't getting sufficient network coverage in the areas that I've resided in. I'm paying about $139 a month under Verizon for unlimited data, minutes, and text. It's a bit steep for just a cell phone, but it's what I have to settle with for now.

I've been pretty 'blah' about my Blackberry. (I have the Tour) RIM errors up the ass, more apps-more lag. It's tolerable for now, but I'd like to utilize the use of my data plan by being able to surf the web smoothly. I have Opera Mini installed for web browsing and it's somewhat better than the regular browser, but it still sucks.

I also find myself leaning towards the Droid as well. I figure if I'm going to be paying that much for a phone on a monthly basis, it better be the most kick ass phone ever lol. So it's a toss up for me. Droid vs. iphone. Decisions, decisions.
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:42 pm

mmm want to see what iphone 5 looks like from the back
    -=illuminati=-
    -=illuminati=-
    EN Cyborg
    EN Cyborg

Cash : 24517
    United States of America

Post by -=illuminati=- Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:43 pm

Yea all I have to say is screw that. Since AT&T is buying out T-Mobile ( I have T-Mobile) I think I will just switch out my phone to ether the iPhone 4 or something that is 4G capable. Although rumors have it that the iPhone 4 is faster than AT&T's new 4G phones since they capped the upload limit. In other words, 3G is faster than 4G on their netwrok! LOLOL Failure on AT&Ts part.
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:14 pm

Yeah AT&T suck by bill not cheaper i paid 145.89 a month for one phone per month >.< damn unlimited texting and mins and data plans

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:26 am