The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

+4
Titan
SPADEZ
iRaz
Meesh
8 posters

Duke Nukem Forever

Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 27865
    Philippines

Duke Nukem Forever Empty Duke Nukem Forever

Post by Meesh Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:32 pm

Duke Nukem Forever 14154

Put on your sunglasses and prepare to step into the boots of Duke Nukem, whose legend has reached epic proportions in the years since his last adventure. The alien hordes are back and only Duke can save the world, again. Pig cops, alien shrink rays and enormous alien bosses won't stop our hero from accomplishing his one and only goal: to save the world, save the babes and to be a bad-ass while doing it.

The King of All Shooters is back with over-the-top weapons, massive aliens and unprecedented levels of interactivity. This game puts pedal to the metal and tongue firmly in cheek, among other places. Shoot hoops, lift weights, read adult magazines, draw crude messages on whiteboards or ogle one of the many beautiful women that populate Duke’s life; that is if you can pull yourself away long enough from kicking ass and taking names. Duke Nukem was and will forever be immortalized in gaming history, and this is his legend.

Release Date: May 3, 2011

Nearly 14 years since it was first announced, Duke Nukem Forever finally has a ship date that--at least most hope--2K Games will stick to.

The publisher announced today that its long-awaited title will be landing in North America on May 3. It will hit store shelves internationally on May 6. The game will be available on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

Duke Nukem Forever players will control the brash character as he attempts to save the world against "pig cops, alien shrink rays, and enormous alien bosses." Following in its tradition, Duke Nukem Forever will be aimed at adult audiences. According to 2K Games, the title will allow users to "read adult magazines [and] draw crude messages on whiteboards," among many other exploits. As one might expect, the game has a Mature rating.

The very fact that Duke Nukem Forever is even coming to store shelves anytime soon is something that many thought would never happen.

The title was first announced in April 1997 as a followup to the popular Duke Nukem 3D. The game was initially supposed to be released in 1998. However, that year, the game was delayed after its developer, 3D Realms, decided to switch from the Quake II game engine to the Unreal engine.

As the 1990s came to a close and a new millennium started without the release of Duke Nukem Forever in sight, many believed the title would never launch. However, every so often over the past 10 years, gamers heard some updates about the title, giving fans hope and critics even more opportunity to pan the game for its unprecedented delays.

Finally, last year, 2K Games announced that Duke Nukem Forever would be launching. The company said that Gearbox Software was developing the title, taking over from 3D Realms.

Now that a release date has been announced, the Duke Nukem Forever saga is seemingly coming to a close. And not even the game's developer can believe it.

"When I said goodbye to 3D Realms and the original Duke Nukem 3D team in 1997 and soon after founded Gearbox Software, I never in my wildest dreams imagined that a day like today would come," Gearbox Software President Randy Pitchford said in a statement. "Today I am proud, humbled and even astounded to announce that the day is coming at last for all gamers to be a part of video game history: Duke Nukem Forever will launch worldwide this May."

It's about time.

Source
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29064
    Puerto Rico

Duke Nukem Forever Empty Re: Duke Nukem Forever

Post by iRaz Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:53 pm

wow, graphics are great, this was originally a crappy FPS on the App Store.
    SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31090
    Puerto Rico

Post by SPADEZ Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:03 pm

lmao this game is no holds bar, balls out and straight up witty & ruthless! I love it! I use to play this back on the PC a longggggggggg time agoooooooo, I miss this game, one of the original FPS games that I've played. I probably be picking this up Smile
    Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

Philippines

Post by Meesh Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:19 pm

haha I used to kick this kid I baby sat off of his PC and take over his Duke Nukem game. It was like the only PC game I had ever played every time I was over there. lol he hated me ;x def balls out
    Titan
    Titan
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

PSN ID PSN ID : ADAMPwns

Cash : 24647
    United States of America

Post by Titan Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:35 pm

RazorX wrote:wow, graphics are great, this was originally a crappy FPS on the App Store.

No it wasn't. Duke Nukem Forever was originally the sequel to Duke Nukem 3D in development for the PC. If you read the post, you would know that the game had been in development for 14 years.
    Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

Philippines

Post by Meesh Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Just when we thought Duke Nukem Forever would finally hit an expected release date, the title has once again been delayed. According to the game's developer, Gearbox Software, the long-awaited title has been pushed back a month and will now launch on June 10 internationally and on June 14 in North America. It will be available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

Duke Nukem Forever allows players to control the brash character as he saves the world from "pig cops, alien shrink rays, and enormous alien
    bosses." Like previous Duke Nukem releases, the title will be irreverent in every sense of the word and appeal to adult audiences that are looking for "catchy one-liners that will make your mama blush, and frantic, bone-shaking action sequences that will simultaneously rock your world and your neighbors' walls."

The title has been a long time coming. It was first announced in April 1997 as a follow-up to Duke Nukem 3D. Though it was slated to hit store shelves in 1998, the game's developer at the time, 3D Realms, switched the game engine from Quake II to Unreal, causing its first delay. Over the next several years, rumblings emerged from time to time, indicating that the game was still in development and would be launching at one point or another. Time and again, fans of the franchise were disappointed.

After years of waiting, 2K Games announced last year that Duke Nukem Forever was in fact in development, and Gearbox Software had taken over the game from 3D Realms. Back in January, the companies announced that Duke Nukem Forever would be launching on May 3 in North America and May 6 internationally.

"When I said goodbye to 3D Realms and the original Duke Nukem 3D team in 1997 and soon after founded Gearbox Software, I never in my wildest dreams imagined that a day like today would come," Gearbox Software President Randy Pitchford said in a statement at the time. "Today I am proud, humbled and even astounded to announce that the day is coming at last for all gamers to be a part of video game history: Duke Nukem Forever will launch worldwide this May."

Now, that has proven to be yet another in a long line of broken promises surrounding the franchise. And Pitchford today was forced to apologize for that.

"I'm very sorry for the added delay," he said in a statement. "We've all been working extremely hard and are very eager to deliver the game to you."

Source
    Elite_Shadow_va
    Elite_Shadow_va
    Elite Shadow Leader
    Elite Shadow Leader

EN AwardListed Top Poster

PSN ID PSN ID : gotrice97

Cash : 24952
    United States of America

Post by Elite_Shadow_va Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:28 pm

this looks pretty good. might need to look into getting this Smile
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 25963
    Japan

Post by Vicky Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:47 pm

dont remember the last time i play duke really i dont think was on pc :p
    Elite_Shadow_va
    Elite_Shadow_va
    Elite Shadow Leader
    Elite Shadow Leader

PSN ID PSN ID : gotrice97

Cash : 24952
    United States of America

Post by Elite_Shadow_va Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:26 pm

duke wasnt it for um playstation 1? i really dont know i was like 12 at the time. and played it probably only a few mins considering i dont remember playing it.
    rhondatommy
    rhondatommy
    EN Transformer
    EN Transformer

PSN ID PSN ID : rhondatommy. Na, rhonda247. Jp,rgsinthehouse. Eu

Cash : 25165
    United States of America

Post by rhondatommy Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:16 pm

omg love it so getting it still have husbands copies of duke on pc lol they r great to play but i would like to see a new doom game come out too
    Titan
    Titan
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

PSN ID PSN ID : ADAMPwns

Cash : 24647
    United States of America

Post by Titan Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:21 pm

Enjoy the delay guys, it just got pushed back into June.
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 25963
    Japan

Post by Vicky Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:30 pm

it better not be another 14 year push back i will be pretty mad :[
    rhondatommy
    rhondatommy
    EN Transformer
    EN Transformer

United States of America

Post by rhondatommy Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:50 am

omg june geez get the bugs worked out and get it on my stores shelf i want to buy this one i really do like duke it is fun to shoot people and talk trash and not have cops after u omg lmao
    ChristmasNiGHTS
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

Cash : 23946
    Hong Kong

Post by ChristmasNiGHTS Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:41 am

I had this game on N64, i also remember the Octobrain enemies scaring the crap outta me as a kid lol Exclamation
    rhondatommy
    rhondatommy
    EN Transformer
    EN Transformer

United States of America

Post by rhondatommy Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:55 am

really light hum still was an awesome game back then hope they do him justices in this new one aka dont make him kid friendly omg

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm