The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

+5
Strebeck
iRaz
Titan
Vicky
SPADEZ
9 posters

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31090
    Puerto Rico

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by SPADEZ Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:07 am

First topic message reminder :

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Elderscrolls5_skyrim

Bethesda Softworks, developers of all things Elder Scrolls, has just
    announced the fifth game in the Elder Scrolls series and the sequel to
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion called The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
    Bethesda’s Todd Howard introduced the game with a brief teaser
    showing a stone dragon and a dramatic narration that sets up the story
    of the next big role-playing game in the Elder Scrolls series.

Release Date: November 11, 2011
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

PSN ID PSN ID : PyroPhoenix

Cash : 25828
    United States of America

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by PyroPhoenix Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:20 am

That's an exploit to the game world. You putting a bucket on an NPC's head takes away from the game. It breaks the 4th wall and pulls you out of the game. They aren't programmed to say "What the hell are you doing?" and take the bucket off their head. The point is to try to steal when they are watching. I would rather try to steal while they are there, it's more of challenge. A world without a challenge is a dull boring world indeed.
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29064
    Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:22 am

PyroPhoenix wrote:That's an exploit to the game world. You putting a bucket on an NPC's head takes away from the game. It breaks the 4th wall and pulls you out of the game. They aren't programmed to say "What the hell are you doing?" and take the bucket off their head. The point is to try to steal when they are watching. I would rather try to steal while they are there, it's more of challenge. A world without a challenge is a dull boring world indeed.
    For me, it's actually challenging to put a basket on any npc's head. lol
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 25963
    Japan

Post by Vicky Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:21 pm

PyroPhoenix wrote:That's an exploit to the game world. You putting a bucket on an NPC's head takes away from the game. It breaks the 4th wall and pulls you out of the game. They aren't programmed to say "What the hell are you doing?" and take the bucket off their head. The point is to try to steal when they are watching. I would rather try to steal while they are there, it's more of challenge. A world without a challenge is a dull boring world indeed.

I have used the bucket method not even going to lie about it It fun to steal without getting caught :p
    west
    west
    EN Activated
    EN Activated

Cash : 24838
    United States of America

Post by west Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Vicky, stealing like that is pointless unless you put perks into Speech so you can actually sell stolen goods.
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:28 pm

I never put points into barter. In Fallout 3 I had 100 in every skill except barter. Already picking Magicka perks for destruction in Skyrim. Dual wielding my magicks, yeah!

Edit: After playing Skyrim I think I might put some points in speech craft since I spend a lot of time selling stuff. In Fallout I never sold anything, you didn't really need to. I had the lockers filled with thousands of items.
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:27 am

Ran into a glitch with the Blessing Of Nature Quest. I took the sapling instead of the sap which was the "good" thing to do. It actually made the sapling clip through the dead tree. So I've decided to go backwards before I owned a house and had all the furnishings with thousands of gold to fix this eyesore.

After using my old save I killed a dragon which I passed up earlier. I bought a horse this time to travel faster, it was a long run to the college of Winterhold. I guess I'll use their dorm for a free chest until I buy the house in White Run. It sucks having to redo a couple quests but it will be worth it. At least I know exactly what to do with my 5k and where to go to get lots of expensive armor.
    west
    west
    EN Activated
    EN Activated

United States of America

Post by west Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:15 pm

I have read that storing items in the College chest is not safe. Just a heads up, have not tried it myself.
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:53 pm

I left some swords in the college chests for awhile after I joined it the first time. They were still there when I went back. I'm going to try to re-buy the White Run house pronto before I redo the college quests. Killed another dragon, I need to do the main quest to get the shout that brings a dragon down to earth.
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:49 am

I've caught more diseases in Skyrim than a hooker. My character is male btw. I have 4 disease right now and one of them is sanguinare vampiris. I need to go cure myself before it takes over completely. If I want to be a vampire I'd create a new one, most likely a Dark Elf so his racial ability to resist fire will offset the vampirism's weakness to fire. A level 4 vampire with 100% weakness to fire vs a fire dragon is instant fail. I think werewolves are more useful though, they run faster than a horse at full gallop so I've read.

I will admit I did let it take over to see what would happen to me. My eyes went red and my face didn't become all zombiefied like in oblivion. Although I was only level 1 vampirism. The sunlight doesn't drain your health anymore you just lose your overall max health ect. You can't regenerate anything in the sunlight, not mana or stamina. As a mage that's a huge problem if you're caught in the sun. The ablities are kind of okay, it's more for vampire roleplaying. At least they don't sparkle in the sun...

Edit: Used the shrine of Juliano's to rid myself of those diseases. The shrine was inside Fellglow Keep. It's a quest I'm on for the college of Winterhold. If you catch vampirism early you can cure it easily with a potion or a shrine. I'm free, no more vampire aids!
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:09 pm

Let's get married in Skyrim! Oh btw there is no divorce, it's a one time deal. I seperated the females from the males so it's easier. You can have gay marriages if that's your thing. I heard Lydia is bugged so you may not be able to marry her. She'll still be in your house with you and your wife... watching you as you have intimate relations.

In Skyrim the player has the option of marrying an NPC, regardless of age, race or gender[1]. In order to marry an NPC you must raise their disposition towards you and then wear an Amulet of Mara that signifies that you wish to marry them. If the player owns a property, his or her spouse will move in with them, and will provide a variety of benefits. [2]

There are a few ways to obtain the Amulet of Mara. The first would be to find one in random loot. One is confirmed to be at Bleak Falls Barrow. You can also head to the Riften Temple of Mara and give 200 gold to Maramal. Alternatively, you can speak with a priest in the Temple of Mara and obtain a quest of love for Mara. Upon completing all objectives, you will be finally rewarded with the Amulet of Mara.

However, it is important to note that you will not be able to marry anyone until you have spoken to Maramal about marriage. Even if you have obtained the amulet from the quest, you still need to speak with him for any action to be taken upon it. For example, one cannot marry Ysolda of Whiterun until this is complete.

After having approached a marriageable NPC, they will mention the amulet you are wearing. You can then ask if they are interested. They will respond and ask if you are interested as well. If you say yes, you can then proceed to marriage. In order to complete the event, you will now need to travel back to the Temple of Mara in Riften and arrange the event. It is worth mentioning here that, if you decide you might not have picked the right person, you CAN say you can't go through with the ceremony. Then you need to talk to your spouse(who will be waiting by the doors of the temple of mara)You can then either move in with the NPC, or have them move in with you. You can also move in/out later when you get a house, or if you want to change, so don't worry about that choice being permanent.

Upon visiting your spouse in your house, you will be able to ask about the money your store has produced. You will be able to collect daily income of about 100 gold from your spouse. However, you will not be able to trade with him/her like a regular merchant if they have not moved in with you (you moved in with him or her, instead). Until you do so, this will not be available.

Benefits

* A player's spouse will prepare one home cooked meal a day, which will boost health, stamina, and magicka regeneration for x amount of time.[3]

Note that though there is a unique dialogue option for each spouse character when asked to prepare this meal, the item received will always be the same.

* Spouses that are also followers can still follow you..

Any npc can be made a follower by the console command "addtofaction 5C84D 0" with them selected. This will add your spouse to the PotentialFollowerFaction and give him/her the necessary dialogue to be selected as a follower.(Note: This does not seem to work with Shahvee. Possibly due to the fact that the required voice clips aren't included for female Argonian followers.)

* If your spouse is acting as a companion, equipment can be exchanged with him/her.

* Your spouse will occasionally surprise you with a gift.

* Your spouse can become a merchant. As such he or she will purchase your goods and produce a cumulative 100g a day.
    o If your spouse is naturally a merchant, they will sell the same goods they would normally. If not, they will sell miscellaneous goods and seemingly items you leave in their inventory.

* Sleeping near to your spouse will give you the resting bonus "Lover's Comfort", which gives the same effect as the Lover Stone (15% skill mastery speed), however only for 8 hours

Female

Aela the Huntress Female Nord Whiterun (Jorrvaskr) Complete the Companions Questline
    Aeri Female Nord Anga’s Mill Work for her by chopping firewood
    Carlotta Valentia Female Imperial Whiterun Complete their favor
    Anwen Female Redguard Markarth (Temple of Dibella) Complete The Heart of Dibella
    Avrusa Sarethi Female Dark Elf Sarethi Farm Complete their favor
    Borgakh the Steel Heart Female Orc Mor Khazgur Convince her to become a Follower
    Brelyna Maryon Female Dark elf Winterhold (College of Winterhold) Complete both her favours
    Camilla Valerius Female Imperial Riverwood (Riverwood Trader) Complete The Golden Claw
    Dravynea the Stoneweaver Female Dark Elf Kynesgrove Complete their favor
    Ghorza gra-Bagol Female Orc Markarth (Blacksmith Shed) Complete their favor
    Gilfre Female Imperial Mixwater Mill Work for her by chopping firewood
    Grelka Female Nord Riften (Open Market) Complete their favor
    Iona Female Nord Riften (Honeyside) Become Thane of the Rift
    Jenassa Female Dark Elf Whiterun (Drunken Huntsman) Hire them at least once
    Jordis the Sword-Maiden Female Nord Solitude (Proudspire Manor) Become Thane of Haafingar
    Lydia Female Nord Whiterun (Dragonsreach or Breezehome) Become Thane of Whiterun
    Mjoll the Lioness Female Nord Riften Complete their favor
    Muiri Female Breton Markarth (Hag’s Cure) Complete Mourning Never Comes
    Njada Stonearm Female Nord Whiterun (Jorrvaskr) Complete the Companions Questline
    Orla Female Nord Markarth (Temple of Dibella) Complete The Heart of Dibella
    Ria Female Imperial Whiterun (Jorrvaskr) Complete the Companions Questline
    Romlyn Dreth Male Dark Elf Riften (Black-Briar Meadery) Complete their favor
    Senna Female Imperial Markarth (Temple of Dibella) Complete The Heart of Dibella
    Shahvee Female Argonian Windhelm (Argonian Assemblage) Complete their favor
    Sylgja Female Nord Shor’s Stone Complete their favor
    Taarie Female High Elf Solitude (Radiant Raiments) Complete their favor
    Temba Wide-Arm Female Nord Ivarstead Complete their favor
    Uthgerd the Unbroken Female Nord Whiterun (Bannered Mare) Challenge her to a brawl and win
    Viola Giordano Female Imperial Windhelm (Candlehearth Hall) Start Revyn Sadri’s favour but then rat him out to Viola
    Ysolda Female Nord Whiterun (Open Market) Complete their favor

Male

Ainethach Male Breton Karthwasten Complete their favor
    Angrenor Once-Honored Male Nord Windhelm (Candlehearth Hall) Take pity and give the beggar a gold piece
    Argis the Bulwark Male Nord Markarth (Vlindrel Hall) Become Thane of the Reach
    Athis Male Dark Elf Whiterun (Jorrvaskr) Complete the Companions Questline
    Balimund Male Nord Riften Complete their favor
    Belrand Male Nord Solitude (Winking Skeever) Hire them at least once
    Benor Male Nord Morthal Challenge him to a brawl and win
    Calder Male Nord Windhelm (Hjerim) Become Thane of Eastmarch
    Cosnach Male Breton Markarth (Silver-Blood Inn) Challenge him to a brawl and win
    Derkeethus Male Argonian Darkwater Crossing Find and rescue him
    Erik the Slayer Male Nord Rorikstead Complete his favor to make him a hireling
    Farkas Male Nord Whiterun (Jorrvaskr) Complete the Companions Questline
    Filnjar Male Nord Shor’s Stone Complete Mine or Yours
    Gat gro-Shargakh Male Orc Left Hand Mine/Kolskeggr Mine Complete Pavo Attius’s favor to liberate Kolskeggr Mine
    Ghorbash the Iron Hand Male Orc Dushnikh Yal Convince him to become a follower
    Marcurio Male Imperial Riften (Bee and Barb) Hire them at least once
    Moth gro-Bagol Male Orc Markarth (Understone Keep) Complete their favor
    Octieve San Male Breton Solitude Complete their favor
    Omluag Male Breton Markarth (Markarth Smelter) Complete their favor
    Onmund Male Nord Winterhold (College of Winterhold) Complete their favor
    Pavo Attius Male Imperial Left Hand Mine/Kolskeggr Mine Complete his favor to liberate Kolskeggr Mine
    Perth Male Breton Soljund’s Sinkhole Complete their favor
    Quintus Navale Male Imperial Windhelm (The White Phial) Complete Repairing the Phial
    Revyn Sadri Male Dark Elf Windhelm (Sadri’s Used Wares) Complete their favor
    Roggi Knot-Beard Male Nord Kynesgrove Complete their favor
    Scouts-Many-Marshes Male Argonian Windhelm (Argonian Assemblage) Complete their favor
    Sondas Drenim Male Dark Elf Darkwater Crossing Complete their favor
    Sorex Vinius Male Imperial Solitude (Winking Skeever) Complete their favor
    Stenvar Male Nord Windhelm (Candlehearth Hall) Hire them at least once
    Torvar Male Nord Whiterun (Jorrvaskr) Complete the Companions Questline
    Vilkas Male Nord Whiterun (Jorrvaskr) Complete the Companions Questline
    Vorstag Male Nord Markarth (Silver-Blood Inn) Hire them at least once
    Wilhelm Male Nord Ivarstead (Vilemyr Inn) Complete Wilhelm’s Specter

Bugs

* If Lydia dies before the marriage can take place, her body will turn up at the temple, causing you to fail the wedding ceremony mini-mission. The priests will then ask you to leave, and the bride or groom will storm off, angry. You can make amends by leaving a short cool down period of a couple of hours, and then going and apologizing to Maramal. You must then go to your potential spouse and apologize. The wedding will take place the following day at the same time. To avoid failing the quest a second time, use unrelenting force to fire the corpse from out the way of the door.

XBox Note This bug occurs with multiple (presumably all?) potential spouses.

* Please note that interacting with certain characters or progressing along certain quest paths may potentially cause the Radiant AI system to deactivate disposition quests for certain individuals. If you wish to get married to a specific character, go visit them at the beginning of the game.

XBox Note Scouts-Many-Marshes has a bad habit of not giving his disposition quests. Also he can disappear (Disappearing in general and not hanging out in any of his usual hang outs), often not reappearing until you've gotten married to someone else. A possible remedy for this is to immediately go to Windhelm as soon as the tutorial section has finished. (The carriage outside of Whiterun is your best bet). He seems to always offer his disposition quest at this point in the game.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Marriage
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:25 pm

Skyrim in metal? YES!
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:57 am

I just completed the College of Winterhold in Skyrim. There's a glitch with the Morokei mask combined with the Arch Mage robes.

Glitch: If you save with Morokai Mask on combined with the Arch Mage robes the next time you load your face will disappear.

Alternative: Take the mask off every time you save and put it back on when you load, it will be there every time.

Fix: If your face is gone just take the mask off, save, load that save, put the mask on, problem solved.
    Strebeck
    Strebeck
    EN Android
    EN Android

Cash : 24953
    United States of America

Post by Strebeck Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:27 am

Heard this second hand, so if it's unrtue, I'm just the messenger.

At the edge of the map (no idea which edge), there's a door that's unopenable. A guy decided he wanted to see beyond the door so scripted a mod to break geometry and walked through the door. Beyond this door were the maps of the two previous Elder Scrolls games. Not completely rendered, not filled with foliage, not occupied by NPCs. Just a placeholder of sorts.

Appears that future DLC will be maps of old Elder Scrolls game.

Enjoy Skyrim owning your soul for the next decade Wink
    west
    west
    EN Activated
    EN Activated

United States of America

Post by west Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:59 am

I am calling BS on the maps. Cyrodiil, where Oblivion took place, is south of Skyrim and could be mapped. Morrowind took place entirely on an island to the northeast. Much more unlikely.
    Strebeck
    Strebeck
    EN Android
    EN Android

United States of America

Post by Strebeck Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:30 pm

Took me a bit.

Source: http://www.oxm.co.uk/36328/skyrim-dlc-revealed-morrowinds-solstheim-vvardenfell-and-cyrodiils-imperial-city-found-on-disc/
    west
    west
    EN Activated
    EN Activated

United States of America

Post by west Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:57 pm

Damn! Skyrim's map is bigger then the Red Bull Air Race! Laughing
    Thanks for the link, Strebeck. Pretty convincing stuff.
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Holy shit! Cyrodiil and Morrowind with the new game engine!? That would be some epic DLC!

Hey Stre, are you playing Skyrim on the PC? I tried to play Oblivion for the PC but I always have more fun modding it out. I lose interest in actually playing the game and instead have more fun checking out the mods. That's the main reason I got Skyrim for the PS3, trophies, and to play the game without modding distractions. There are a couple things I would want to mod though...
    Strebeck
    Strebeck
    EN Android
    EN Android

United States of America

Post by Strebeck Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:37 pm

Nope, i still haven't picked it up. I'll play it on the PS3. My old guild is in the SWTOR beta, and i've been playing that more than anything else right now. Also I'm moving in January, so I'm packing a lot of shit up, and spending time with that. Once I move and settle in I'll buy Skyrim on PS3 and play it while I'm playing SWTOR on PC
    SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31090
    Puerto Rico

Post by SPADEZ Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:56 pm

I love skyrim! Its definitely a great game and the possibiliy of that dlc sounds epic even if untrue this game will certainly have great dlc at some point, as with most bethesda games
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:42 am

iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29064
    Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:40 pm

PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:46 pm

Took an arrow in the knee, Skyrim dubstep mo fo!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 2 85ef1f9366d906289565091b66972bf8
    ChristmasNiGHTS
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

Cash : 23946
    Hong Kong

Post by ChristmasNiGHTS Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:35 pm

I hate to be a troll, but.... Whats so "good" about Skyrim anyways?..its the same kind of elder scrolls game that they've been pumping out every 4-5 years... They shouldve made wayyyy more changes than just the graphics and character building system.. (which are both good imo, but everything else has been done before in other games ) >_>
    PyroPhoenix
    PyroPhoenix
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardEN Ace Detective

United States of America

Post by PyroPhoenix Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:03 pm

My favorite is the dragons, in all the old Elder Scrolls games they were extinct. The dragon fights seem a lot more epic than other RPG games. I like the improvements on the leveling system, and the skill system. They have a new engine which makes the game look much better. All the NPC faces don't look like ass like how they looked in Oblivion. I had to mod the shit out of Oblivion to make it look great. Skyrim looks great before mods which is a good thing.

Sure it's the same as Oblivion and Morrowind but that's how that game is, Fallout has the same mechanics in it too. The difference is it isn't a 60 dollar expansion like Call of Duty is every year. When The Elder Scrolls makes a new game it's a whole new world. It's definitely worth its price unlike a lot of games that come out. It definitely deserved it's GOTY from VGA even though that show is a giant commercial. I used to think the same way you did until I took an arrow in the knee.
    ChristmasNiGHTS
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

Cash : 23946
    Hong Kong

Post by ChristmasNiGHTS Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:44 pm

**grumble grumble**....alrighttt thennnnnnnn. >_> ..

Well said.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am