The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

+9
Vlaun
Vicky
CruciA
iRaz
Optimus
TheBrightestGlow
houdrummer
rUcov
SPADEZ
13 posters

Should their be a law to remove guns?

Poll

Do You Agree With A No Gun Law?

[ 3 ]
    Should their be a law to remove guns? Empty21%Should their be a law to remove guns? Empty [21%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Should their be a law to remove guns? Empty79%Should their be a law to remove guns? Empty [79%] 

Total Votes: 14
    Back
    SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31200
    Puerto Rico

Should their be a law to remove guns? Empty Should their be a law to remove guns?

Post by SPADEZ Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:45 am

What do you guys think about this? If one day the government decided to make a no gun law, basically only allowing firearms in the hands of police and army, how would you feel? Would you happily agree? or would you protest till the end! Please share your opinions here and vote Yes or No.
    rUcov
    rUcov
    EN Activated
    EN Activated

PSN ID PSN ID : rucovered

Cash : 25513
    United States of America

Should their be a law to remove guns? Empty Re: Should their be a law to remove guns?

Post by rUcov Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:56 am

I have often wondered this and would'nt doubt it happening one day. I am a gun owner myself and use them to hunt with as well as protection. I will protest till the end, if they take our guns they take our freedom!!
    houdrummer
    houdrummer
    EN Test Subject
    EN Test Subject

PSN ID PSN ID : houdrummer

Cash : 25485
    United States of America

Should their be a law to remove guns? Empty Re: Should their be a law to remove guns?

Post by houdrummer Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:40 pm

Yeah I don't think this will ever happen, it's unconstitutional.
    TheBrightestGlow
    TheBrightestGlow
    EN Activated
    EN Activated

PSN ID PSN ID : TheBrightestGlow

Cash : 25858
    Canada

Post by TheBrightestGlow Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:32 am

Awesome idea, take away guns so only law enforcement and criminals have them! Should their be a law to remove guns? 91713 I feel safer with a gun readily available. Should their be a law to remove guns? 495573
    SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

Puerto Rico

Post by SPADEZ Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:58 am

houdrummer wrote:Yeah I don't think this will ever happen, it's unconstitutional.

Glow™ wrote:Awesome idea, take away guns so only law enforcement and criminals have them! Should their be a law to remove guns? 91713 I feel safer with a gun readily available. Should their be a law to remove guns? 495573

yes i agree with both of these, we should have the right to bare arms for any self defensive purpose.
    Optimus
    Optimus
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

Cash : 27763
    United States of America

Post by Optimus Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:43 pm

We have the right to bare arms and shall remain in right, to bare arms. Not only is it unconstitutional to change that, but it also will turn our democracy into a dictatorship
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Comedy Contributor

EN Award 2#1 Most Active Member

PSN ID PSN ID : Razokevin

Cash : 29174
    Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:34 pm

i agree because its supossed to stop the violence and kills, but i dont think it will work since they will start to sell them illegally
    CruciA
    CruciA
    EN Artist
    EN Artist

EN Award#1 EN Artist

EN Award 2Listed Top Poster

PSN ID PSN ID : CruciA

Cash : 26948
    United States of America

Post by CruciA Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:20 am

I think they should ban guns from citizens..the hell with that..the crime rate will drop.
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:02 pm

exactly, well there is a law, just for people with license can have them, but they keep selling illegal guns, so its basically the same
    CruciA
    CruciA
    EN Artist
    EN Artist

EN Award#1 EN Artist

United States of America

Post by CruciA Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:56 pm

RazorX wrote:exactly, well there is a law, just for people with license can have them, but they keep selling illegal guns, so its basically the same
    Liquor store, Gun store, Liquor store, Gun store, Liquor store, Gun store. Lol ....we're all gonna die
    iRaz
    iRaz
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

Puerto Rico

Post by iRaz Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:12 pm

AnimAfluX wrote:
    RazorX wrote:exactly, well there is a law, just for people with license can have them, but they keep selling illegal guns, so its basically the same
    Liquor store, Gun store, Liquor store, Gun store, Liquor store, Gun store. Lol ....we're all gonna die
    well....i will never drink beers or liquors, never like them and never will Should their be a law to remove guns? Icon_biggrin
    Optimus
    Optimus
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

Cash : 27763
    United States of America

Post by Optimus Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:36 pm

In my opinion there is 2 reasons why the government would & wouldn't ban guns from civilians.

1. The government wants full control. This may sound like a conspiracy but this could be a method to destroy our democracy and convert into a dictatorship.
    2. Crime pays. The crime rate will drop if they are serious enough to remove all the guns from the street. However that will also lessen the need for police, meaning less jobs.
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 26073
    Japan

Post by Vicky Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:50 pm

mmm i don't know it an attendent right and civil right if Americans don't right that said should have donest seam right my opinion
    Vlaun
    Vlaun
    EN Test Subject
    EN Test Subject

PSN ID PSN ID : Vlaun, AlexGeminiV2112

Cash : 24903
    United States of America

Post by Vlaun Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:30 am

It is all about moderation. i don't think guns should be outright banned, but I also think that there are certain situations in which a gun isn't really required. Going to a coffee shop loaded with heat isn't exactly what the forefathers of america had in mind, I'm sure. When the constitution was written, at the time it was of a concern because of the british, or so I think.... not entirely certain. History isn't really my strength academically (any help on this would be gladly accepted xD).

However, once you remove the right for citizens to bare arms you are giving the government, which is easily corruptible, more rights over you. Which would be pretty much against what the Constitution authors intended. They won independence from such a goverment. Anyway, the more power you give the government the more easily it can get corrupted. That's the whole reason for checks and balances, voting, house of representatives, senate... pretty much our whole government. But meh what do I know, I'm just some guy on a computer writing on some forum. Cool

Edit: oh and I would also like to add in response to Optimus Prime's post specifically number 1 in his list of 2. Sometimes conspiracies seem out there (I kid you not! the aliens so assassinated Kennedy!! I'm sure of it!!!!), but either way you look at it, it just would not be a good idea to let the government ban guns. They also tried to ban alcohol at one point. That didn't turn out so well obviously... xD
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:05 am

lol yeah thank god or i go to underground bar to drink beer and god know how experise that would be >.<
    Manson60
    Manson60
    EN Prototype
    EN Prototype

PSN ID PSN ID : manson60

Cash : 26090
    United States of America

Post by Manson60 Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:26 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:In my opinion there is 2 reasons why the government would & wouldn't ban guns from civilians.

1. The government wants full control. This may sound like a conspiracy but this could be a method to destroy our democracy and convert into a dictatorship.
    2. Crime pays. The crime rate will drop if they are serious enough to remove all the guns from the street. However that will also lessen the need for police, meaning less jobs.
    This was exacty what I was about to say actuall. All it would do is make way for the country to turn into a dictatorship.
    CruciA
    CruciA
    EN Artist
    EN Artist

EN Award#1 EN Artist

United States of America

Post by CruciA Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:39 am

How about this?.....ban guns and liquor stores in THE HOOD -_-...they wont kill each other...THEY WILL KILL US D: ...FUCK THE GOVERNMENT >:O
    SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

Puerto Rico

Post by SPADEZ Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:00 am

the hood will always pack heat even if they have to get it from an outside (another country) source
    houdrummer
    houdrummer
    EN Test Subject
    EN Test Subject

PSN ID PSN ID : houdrummer

Cash : 25485
    United States of America

Post by houdrummer Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:10 pm

I can't get a license for a gun due to my criminal record. However, I can buy a gun legally. Trick is, buy it from a small stand at a gun show that only accepts cash. I don't think that removing guns from citizens is a way to stop crime, its the things that cause people to use the guns that need to be looked over, like drug laws.
    CruciA
    CruciA
    EN Artist
    EN Artist

EN Award#1 EN Artist

United States of America

Post by CruciA Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:23 pm

Or maybe guns can stop crimes itself...shoot all the dumbasses...end of story xD
    SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

Puerto Rico

Post by SPADEZ Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:56 pm

Lol the really ironic part of all of this discussion is.. the more we discuss removing guns from citizens, the more the government is working on ways to invent more heavy artillery. Check out korea, always testing nukes now @_@
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Japan

Post by Vicky Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:55 pm

yay nukes xD they always win asked us they own they used in japan in 1941 why not other country allowed to make nukes besides us and they only one used them so far
    cynella
    cynella
    Gazette member
    Gazette member

PSN ID PSN ID : cynella

Cash : 24925
    United States of America

Post by cynella Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:20 pm

All I have to say is, you can have my gun when you pry it out of my cold dead hand. Very Happy
    Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 27975
    Philippines

Post by Meesh Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:13 pm

cynella wrote:All I have to say is, you can have my gun when you pry it out of my cold dead hand. Very Happy

LOL you go girl. I've had my fair share of carrying around some weaponry (fam is law enforcement) in my bags n such, and I've had it where the safety has come off and I'm diggin around in my bag :O I shouldn't be allowed to carry firearms period. I'm good with a baseball bat and my brass knuckles Very Happy
    OhHellszNaw
    OhHellszNaw
    EN Test Subject
    EN Test Subject

PSN ID PSN ID : Whats PSN?

Cash : 25122
    Cuba

Post by OhHellszNaw Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:52 am

dont ban the guns! guns dont kill people. make the bullets cost like 5 grand each

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:59 am