The-EN.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The-EN Community!
Please welcome our newest member: https://electronicnetwork.all-up.com/u460
Discuss & Discover more.

4 posters

Coming Soon to a Senior Citizen Near You: Bionic Eyes

Optimus
    Optimus
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

Cash : 27653
    United States of America

Coming Soon to a Senior Citizen Near You: Bionic Eyes Empty Coming Soon to a Senior Citizen Near You: Bionic Eyes

Post by Optimus Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:34 am

Coming Soon to a Senior Citizen Near You: Bionic Eyes
    Coming Soon to a Senior Citizen Near You: Bionic Eyes Sponslink3

Coming Soon to a Senior Citizen Near You: Bionic Eyes Sponslink3

Coming Soon to a Senior Citizen Near You: Bionic Eyes Centrasight-eye-implant
    People suffering from age-related macular degeneration may soon get a chance to be among the first generation with bionic eyes. The FDA recently approved an implantable telescope-like device that will help those suffering from this specific type of vision loss. Like most types of blindness treatments, it’s only approved to treat a very specific condition, but it’s one that affects an estimated 500,000 Americans over the age of 75. But unlike most other futuristic treatments for vision loss, this one is available today.
    Coming Soon to a Senior Citizen Near You: Bionic Eyes Telescopic-eye-implant
    The device is called an Implantable Miniature Telescope, and it works by expanding images that hit the eyes onto areas of the retina that are unaffected by macular degeneration. After being implanted into the cornea, the implant works to correct the darkening of the middle of the wearer’s field of vision. The device doesn’t actually correct the condition; it simply finds a way to give the user some vision before macular degeneration causes total blindness.
    Coming Soon to a Senior Citizen Near You: Bionic Eyes Eye-telescopic-implant
    The implant creates a ring-shaped field of vision in the eye, so the other eye is often left untreated so that the patient can sort of cobble together a complete field of vision between both eyes. It takes considerable effort to get used to this new way of seeing, making the implants something of a compromise.
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 25963
    Japan

Coming Soon to a Senior Citizen Near You: Bionic Eyes Empty Re: Coming Soon to a Senior Citizen Near You: Bionic Eyes

Post by Vicky Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:27 am

oh cool this nice so then lose my eye i can get this done and i be all better Smile
    Meesh
    Meesh
    EN Mod
    EN Mod

EN AwardTop Moderator

EN Award 2Technology Enthusiast

PSN ID PSN ID : YowsahsItsMeesh

Cash : 27865
    Philippines

Coming Soon to a Senior Citizen Near You: Bionic Eyes Empty Re: Coming Soon to a Senior Citizen Near You: Bionic Eyes

Post by Meesh Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:46 am

Umm do I have to wait till I'm practically ancient to get this done..cuz like..my eyes are already rotten..the docs pretty much told me that I'm screwed as an old person and that if there was any chance by miracle that my eyeballs would regenerate into something NOT SO BLIND, then I'd be ok. But he said no, you're Blindo McBlinderson, have your coke bottles back. D;
    SPADEZ
    SPADEZ
    EN Administrator
    EN Administrator

PSN ID PSN ID : SPADERZ216

Cash : 31090
    Puerto Rico

Post by SPADEZ Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:21 pm

Meesh wrote:Umm do I have to wait till I'm practically ancient to get this done..cuz like..my eyes are already rotten..the docs pretty much told me that I'm screwed as an old person and that if there was any chance by miracle that my eyeballs would regenerate into something NOT SO BLIND, then I'd be ok. But he said no, you're Blindo McBlinderson, have your coke bottles back. D;
    aww that sucks meesh.. I'm sure you wont be blind when u get old! You'll be fine Smile and although my eyes are fine I am intrigued to have this done myself just to see how cool I can see everything, not sure the age requirements for this procedure but i'll look more into it, whatever info anybody else finds on this please post this, thanks! Smile
    Vicky
    Vicky
    EN Elite
    EN Elite

EN Award#1 Top Poster

Cash : 25963
    Japan

Post by Vicky Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:35 pm

i hope proseireues dont have too much side effects new thing usallay do Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm